Gear Advice

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Gear advice
Gear advice
By Yuriki 2011-05-31 17:21:26  
Hey guys, I was just wondering if you'd rate my gear sets and let me know what should be included/taken out.

TP: Charis feather, Charis tiara +2, Charis necklace, Suppa, Charis earring (this will be a Brutal soon), Charis casaque +2, Ocelot gloves, Epona's, Heed ring (will have Raja's soon... but is it really needed?), Atheling mantle, Twilight belt, Charis tights +2, Charis toeshoes +2.

Eva: x2 Eva Kila +2, Charis feather, Emperor hairpin, Charis necklace, Suppa, Charis earring, Aurore doublet, Slither gloves, Epona/Heed, Blur mantle, Twilight belt, Charis tights +2, Ballerines.

WS: Charis feather, Aias bonnet, Agasaya's collar, Suppa/Charis, Charis casaque +2, Charis bangles +2, Epona/Heed, Atheling, Twilight belt (I have a Light belt for evis but haven't seen it make too much of a diff... am I wrong?), Tumbler trunks, Charis toeshoes +2.

I also have a small enmity set for animated flourish, which is Invidia torque, Cavaros mantle, and Ocelot gloves. This set is low priority but would love suggestions for it.

Also, any recommendations for a MDB/DT set that does not involves the MDB Kilas? So far I have Twilight torque and two Dark rings with -6% magic damage taken.

Thanks!
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-05-31 17:36:48  
Granted I'm not a high dancer (I'm only 77 atm), but wouldn't the Cavaros Mantle, do more than the 20 att on that other mantle (I realize it has DA as well)? I'm not sure what the crit dmg+ is for it, but even if its 2% or 5% wouldn't that be a pretty decent spike in dmg over 20 attack? We can get attack so high, so easily in Aby.
By Yuriki 2011-05-31 17:38:50  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Granted I'm not a high dancer (I'm only 77 atm), but wouldn't the Cavaros Mantle, do more than the 20 att on that other mantle (I realize it has DA as well)? I'm not sure what the crit dmg+ is for it, but even if its 2% or 5% wouldn't that be a pretty decent spike in dmg over 20 attack? We can get attack so high, so easily in Aby.

The Cavaros is only for animated flourish. I never use it outside of that.

Edit: I totally read your post incorrectly. My apologies. I'd think that the attack+20 and DA+3% would be worth more but if anyone would like to prove that wrong by all means!
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-31 17:40:23  
light belt wouldn't work for evisc, unless that was a typo-- evisc is shadow and soil i believe, and it'd probably be something like cuchulain's > anguinus > shadow/soil. should probably look into an attack earring as well as the brutal which you already mentioned. should probably also look into loki's kaftan as well.

some mdt options: lieutenant's sash, denali wristbands, coral/merman's earrings, avalon breastplate, colossus's mantle. need 23 to cap with shellra V.
[+]
 Asura.Nzuh
サーバ: Asura
user: nzuh
By Asura.Nzuh 2011-05-31 17:41:42  
Raja's is not "needed" but it is one the best for that slot. I would keep brutal on even with evasion set. And also for WS: brutal/aesir for ears, anguinus or cuchulain for belt.

For MDT/MDB ideally you want to aim for 25% MDT before you add MDB stuff.

I've been wanting to mention this idea I had.. Dark rings could be counter intuitive with the combined -40 hp.. Which could be even more -hp in abyssea. So I use merman's in my set.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-05-31 17:42:55  
Well I know you said its only for enmity+, but you could try testing its dmg for your WS. Crit dmg+ stuff is fairly effective on crit WS like evis, with RR atma on. Just something to test and try out.
By Yuriki 2011-05-31 17:43:07  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
light belt wouldn't work for evisc, unless that was a typo-- evisc is shadow and soil i believe, and it'd probably be something like cuchulain's > anguinus > shadow/soil. should probably look into an attack earring as well as the brutal which you already mentioned. should probably also look into loki's kaftan as well.

some mdt options: lieutenant's sash, denali wristbands, coral/merman's earrings, avalon breastplate, colossus's mantle. need 23 to cap with shellra V.

Evis has Gravitation and Transfixion properties, and Light belt effects WS with Transfixion.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-31 17:43:35  
Yuriki said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:

Evis has Gravitation and Transfixion properties, and Light belt effects WS with Transfixion.
my bad, carry on.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-31 17:44:48  
Yuriki said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

The Cavaros is only for animated flourish. I never use it outside of that.

Edit: I totally read your post incorrectly. My apologies. I'd think that the attack+20 and DA+3% would be worth more but if anyone would like to prove that wrong by all means!
Atheling >>>>>>>> Cavaros. Even when you do push high attack numbers (high as DNC can go, anyway), a lot of those effects are multipliers of your base attack score and thus dropping Atheling is a huge sacrifice, especially considering how high critdmg will be already from Razed Ruins, traits, Charis Feather, and possibly Loki's Kaftan. There are better trades to be made if you're actually overcapping pDIF.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-05-31 17:47:16  
ok, I appreciate it Night. I know you're a math guy, so I trust what you're sayin here...news to me, and I appreciate it :). Was a suggestion only...least I wasn't trying to say "THIS IS HOW IT WORKS!" like some people do when offering advice hehe :P
By Yuriki 2011-05-31 17:50:08  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
ok, I appreciate it Night. I know you're a math guy, so I trust what you're sayin here...news to me, and I appreciate it :). Was a suggestion only...least I wasn't trying to say "THIS IS HOW IT WORKS!" like some people do when offering advice hehe :P

Heh I appreciate your suggestions though. I kinda misread your post and was thinking, "I just said I'm using it only for enmity!" :P
By Yuriki 2011-05-31 17:53:50  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:

Hmm, I've been wondering about the Casaque +2 vs Loki's for WS. Assuming you're not using DE or Rudra's would Loki's beat out body +2?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-31 17:57:45  
Yes. 5% critdmg for 1 DEX on a WS with a 30% DEX mod (ie relatively low) is a good trade; you're also inflating your WS's TP return by trading 10 DW for 7 STP which will have a small positive impact on your WS frequency.
By Yuriki 2011-05-31 17:59:28  
Also, is there any point in using the WS neck/waist items?
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-05-31 18:30:04  
Yuriki said:
are you referring to the elemental torque/belts? yes, granted for ws such as Rudra it will have a minimal affect compared to love torque/ cuchulain's belt, the ftp mod does indeed help push out greater numbers, not to mention the acc these pieces put out are a great help to multi-hit ws, every little piece counts, thats like saying is it worth using any other piece in the ws set.

Yuriki said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:

Hmm, I've been wondering about the Casaque +2 vs Loki's for WS. Assuming you're not using DE or Rudra's would Loki's beat out body +2?
as night said the crit dmg and the stp bonus heavily out weighs what af3 body gives. the only time you'd want to use the af3 body for ws is for dancing edge due to the fact that it cannot crit and the heavy chr mod on it, and rudra since it doesnt natively crit and requires the af3 body through striking flourish to crit.

another good option for pdt is dessulter tassets with -4% pdt on them which you can pair up with evasion if you want to have it for your hybrid eva/pdt set, or just have it as a flash tool for when you about to take a big hit and have the other augment for waltz cost to have a dual use for it.

Asura.Nzuh said:
Raja's is not "needed" but it is one the best for that slot. I would keep brutal on even with evasion set. And also for WS: brutal/aesir for ears, anguinus or cuchulain for belt.

I've been wanting to mention this idea I had.. Dark rings could be counter intuitive with the combined -40 hp.. Which could be even more -hp in abyssea. So I use merman's in my set.
the -40 hp on the rings together is very small compared the loss of evasion and the additional 4% mdt/pdt you would lose. 4% mdt/pdt far outweighs having 40 hp inside and outside over abyssea, not to mention unless you are idling you will very rarely have full hp when you go to have an mdt set put on through the course of the battle.
By Yuriki 2011-05-31 18:43:10  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Yuriki said:
are you referring to the elemental torque/belts? yes, granted for ws such as Rudra it will have a minimal affect compared to love torque/ cuchulain's belt, the ftp mod does indeed help push out greater numbers, not to mention the acc these pieces put out are a great help to multi-hit ws, every little piece counts, thats like saying is it worth using any other piece in the ws set.

Yuriki said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:

as night said the crit dmg and the stp bonus heavily out weighs what af3 body gives. the only time you'd want to use the af3 body for ws is for dancing edge due to the fact that it cannot crit and the heavy chr mod on it, and rudra since it doesnt natively crit and requires the af3 body through striking flourish to crit.

another good option for pdt is dessulter tassets with -4% pdt on them which you can pair up with evasion if you want to have it for your hybrid eva/pdt set, or just have it as a flash tool for when you about to take a big hit and have the other augment for waltz cost to have a dual use for it.

Asura.Nzuh said:

the -40 hp on the rings together is very small compared the loss of evasion and the additional 4% mdt/pdt you would lose. 4% mdt/pdt far outweighs having 40 hp inside and outside over abyssea, not to mention unless you are idling you will very rarely have full hp when you go to have an mdt set put on through the course of the battle.

So Light belt > Cuchulain belt for multi-hit WS?
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-05-31 19:06:50  
no for all of dnc's ws cuchulains is top tier ws belt.
By Yuriki 2011-05-31 19:15:15  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
no for all of dnc's ws cuchulains is top tier ws belt.

Sweet, thanks for the advice :) So is the best ring combo (for TP) Epona's and Raja's? Or can anything beat that?
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-05-31 19:30:15  
Rajas + Eponas
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [162 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-11-09 08:36:29  
Instead of making a new thread...

Ocelot gloves vs. Dusk +1

Dusk would let you hit the true haste cap but you're losing Ocelots other sexy stats.

So Dusk+1 for a what, .6% haste increase or Ocelot?
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2011-11-09 08:37:16  
Dusk +1

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-11-09 17:12:12  
Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
but you're losing Ocelots other sexy stats.
what? 6 attack and capped haste >>>>>> 4 dex... Dusk +1.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-11-09 17:16:18  
Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
but you're losing Ocelots other sexy stats.
what? 6 attack and capped haste >>>>>> 4 dex... Dusk +1.

What about the agility brah??
[+]