users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Nebimonite in sea serpent grotto
Nebimonite in sea serpent grotto
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-05-31 13:07:47  
im trying to pull up Nebimonite's in sea serpent grotto.
but sofar no luck i tried hume rod with crayfish ball and now trying halcyon with cray fish ball.

I se on wiki is has both pod and lakes area with different option to fish.
which place is better. and how do i know if its a pond or lake ?

my fisihn skill is 20 and i use the 4 buyable +1 skills gear while fishing
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-06-01 12:34:27  
halcyon + shrimp lure, and you go to the giant pool that branches off into the different beastmen coin doors. Need to be lvl59+ to avoid aggro.
 Shiva.Ergiyios
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-06-01 12:47:01  
Be sure to bring a couple rods/shrimp lures...You're sure to break a couple and running back is going to break your spirit...
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-06-01 12:54:15  
Didn't they remove Nebimonite from SSG in a patch ages ago to combat RMT? I might be talking out of my *** here but you should double check just in case.
 Cerberus.Kaht
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-06-01 13:57:08  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Didn't they remove Nebimonite from SSG in a patch ages ago to combat RMT? I might be talking out of my *** here but you should double check just in case.

You can't fish anything up directly under the bridge that is accessed from the sahagin door. RMT used to cluster together under there cause you could fish there indefinitely w/o aggro.

OP - if you're going to be serious about fishing, great-blue is a great resource. Only problem is that they haven't been updated in the last year or so (basically any of the fish released since abyssea, but to be fair, fishing doesn't change very often)

Here's all the info you'll need for SSG:

http://www.great-blue.jp/?aid=064&bid=&lng=en
By Drjones 2011-06-01 14:06:41  
Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Be sure to bring a couple rods/shrimp lures...You're sure to break a couple and running back is going to break your spirit...
Only if he doesn't know how to tell the difference between a Nebimonite and a Bastore Bream. It's not difficult.
 Shiva.Ergiyios
サーバ: Shiva
user: Ergiyios
By Shiva.Ergiyios 2011-06-01 16:46:22  
Drjones said:
Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Only if he doesn't know how to tell the difference between a Nebimonite and a Bastore Bream. It's not difficult.

Ya never know...crit bite...hit catch to early...I like being prepared tho I can craft all of the above...
 Cerberus.Kaht
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-06-01 17:01:28  
Shiva.Ergiyios said:
Ya never know...crit bite...hit catch to early...I like being prepared tho I can craft all of the above...

I did this the last time I went to fish in SSG on the very first fish I hooked. I was talking in ls chat while the rod was cast, and accidentally hit enter twice after typing a message while a fish had caught on the line. I had been using that same shrimp lure for probably 2 years or better...
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2011-06-02 05:16:12  
Thanks for all the info and the link

I found the spot to get nebi up.
it was the water under the bridge behind the door. jsut have to hug left wall to get there. so many thamks for that

I got a couple of bastore breams up but broke rod to much on them to now i'm just relapsing them. i always count in a couple of rod breaks to learn the fish pool.

Going to take alchy to level 6 now so i can make black ink from those and covere more customers