Verethragna Trial Advice?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Verethragna Trial advice?
Verethragna Trial advice?
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Blackfiredragon 2011-05-29 23:41:43  
So to anyone that has done or is working on the trial now I have a few questions. Well first off I should put that I'm currently on chesma VNM, which shouldn't be too hard to finish up. So my first question is, how should I approach the 50 Chloris bud situation? I don't have that many people to help me with it and don't have the pop items what should I do? If I need to farm KI in chest what job and or atma set up should I use to farm atma? Any and all helpful responses would be greatly appreciated and also for anyone who would say do the other trial, I want the Verethragna hands down so that just won't cut it lol.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-05-29 23:48:54  
Can dual box it all if you have war lv'd and access to a whm
By Ifrit.Blackfiredragon 2011-05-29 23:59:18  
Wish it were that easy lol. I have a whm friend but thats the extent of it, I don't know any wars so that a problem.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-05-30 00:01:40  
It's still doable w/o a war, just will take a lot longer when considering red procs. How about nin?
By Ifrit.Blackfiredragon 2011-05-30 00:10:27  
I have nin leveled so I could use that and can hit all but 3 red !!.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-05-30 00:19:07  
Copy/paste from a pm i sent

Quote:
I'd go mnk + whm and farm up about 10 pop items for each of the keyitem NMs. (have to dbox them to yourself can only hold one of each, 2 w/ mule).

Then I'd swap to war and do whm + war for red !!s. Very important, if there is nobody around to gank your NM, if you don't have the right WS for !!, deaggro it, reclaim (on the char you want to get keyitem), and it will reset weakness so you can try again.

Waste of time and pop items if you're not proccing red.

Once I had 2 pop sets (one on each char), I'd change to mnk + whm again and knock out 2 Chlori.

Rinse/repeat.

I'd shout for a thf for each of the fights. Honestly not worth doing w/o TH, you'll get 1 bud way too often. I usually just offer the thf the other drops.

Substitute nin in place of war
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-05-30 00:19:35  
Look into which +2 Items it drops now. Could prolly get some help interested in those +2 items. They may help farm sets etc. Would be more sets at one time you can collect/pop.
By Ifrit.Blackfiredragon 2011-05-30 00:24:02  
Alright thanks for the help both of you =)
 Lakshmi.Sake
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Sekaran
By Lakshmi.Sake 2011-05-30 12:13:34  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Copy/paste from a pm i sent
Quote:
I'd go mnk + whm and farm up about 10 pop items for each of the keyitem NMs. (have to dbox them to yourself can only hold one of each, 2 w/ mule). Then I'd swap to war and do whm + war for red !!s. Very important, if there is nobody around to gank your NM, if you don't have the right WS for !!, deaggro it, reclaim (on the char you want to get keyitem), and it will reset weakness so you can try again. Waste of time and pop items if you're not proccing red. Once I had 2 pop sets (one on each char), I'd change to mnk + whm again and knock out 2 Chlori. Rinse/repeat. I'd shout for a thf for each of the fights. Honestly not worth doing w/o TH, you'll get 1 bud way too often. I usually just offer the thf the other drops.
Substitute nin in place of war

This is what I pretty much did until the last 20 buds or so where I just decided to buy everything on the AH to save time (and because I had more people helping towards the end so they could hold KIs).

Also helped I had 50 Fangs waiting.. definitely helped with motivating me through the hell of Tahrongi.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-30 13:10:43  
I soloed most of mine on blu had friends to leech xp from cleaving and to hold kis, took 6 weeks to get but I made 15mil ish in the process. Not the fastest way to get an empy but I spent nothing on pop items and I think I made about 40 stones over those 6 weeks not that I needed them but you know when youre cleaving u wont ever run low on time.

Fastest/luckiest I managed was 4 full pop sets in 3.5 hours from entering at which point we had 300-400 mins TE and leechers had gotten several lvls. Thats pretty much comparable to the speed it would take to do it the nm route, assuming you didnt enter with exorcised skull, humus, tarnished pincer and shriveled wingx4.

Selling Phygrian ores at 70k each is nice too although I think theyve dropped a bit now since I was cleaving there, but 4-5 hour cleave can net you upto 9 max I got. Can also trade Glavoid 4/4 ki for Chloris possibly I managed to find a few ppl up for that or just sell the glavoid pop sets, I sold about 10ish at 300k and swapped 3, rather the swap but gil is better than nothing when youre only gonna keep seeing Glavoid kis and not be able to pick them up.

Amun/Pallid is self explanatory much easier going nm route on this stage than cleaving imo depending on competition although I did do a bit both. One thing I will say since they added Amun/Tunga as kis from chests, chest limitations in the zone can suck. Can kill 20 mobs in 1 go sometimes for no chests at all with capped pearl.

That covers obtaining kis for both trials as for the fights can easily duo them and if ur friends arent on or u got none can shout for a whm for augur gloves and theres af3 mats now off Chloris too so getting a thf as well shouldnt be hard.

As for Dragua I cleaved the whole thing, except whereas Chloris I felt it was a bit on the slow side I was very much satisfied with speed for cleaving Dragua. "Soloed" 18 dragua scales in 1 evening did that a few times. Thats blu/whm with 4 low lvl leechers goto flux 8 page 2 dom ops gather lot of spectators cleave them drop off the cliff get new page repeat. 200k xp in 3.5hours timed, not fantastic for a cleave pty but for solo not bad imo few afks too.

Get 5 kis go get a brew change atmas brew 5 in 1 go change atma back and go back to spectators again. Round2 for 5 more kis usually took me 30mins to 1hr, 18 scales in 4-4.5hours youd be hard pushed to get that in a pick up but ofc youre losing 400k cruor. I did this before the update, I assume by looking at 1 of the screenshots posted on this site you can pop 3 and just aoe magic ws them to death at the same time. Could manage 15 kills in 1 brew then...

On the issue of its a waste of time popping nm without a thf, Id agree somewhat but wasnt as fussed not having a thf there on the latter trials as I was for Chloris, Dragua thf or no thf didnt bother me as much probably because the whole thing was much easier and faster. Did 5 dragua in 1 brew with a thf for 9 scales and did 1 without a thf for 9 scales too, ofc on a much bigger sample size thf would show as being an improvement im sure.

Just thought Id offer an alternative to how Tiger did his sry long *** post.
By Blazed1979 2011-05-30 14:59:10  
just shadow a war that is doing ukon80. really, that's the secret in a nutshell.
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-05-30 15:19:33  
Pretty much Tiger's approach. Went as a trio with my g/f duo-boxing. Took a couple of weeks but could have gone faster since I just did this during off time in between running LS events.

I farmed up triggers with Nin, Blue, and a Whm. In process of killing mobs sometimes we'd get lucky with KIs from gold box. Once those were all farmed up, go job swap to Nin, War, Whm and red trigger for KIs, then for chloris stompage on MNK, THF, WHM. If you're short warrior as was stated, you can try to de-aggro/reclaim assuming no shady folks around.

I know people pointed out enticing people with drops from Chloris to come help out, but I'd just skip that, short of getting a thief. We usually ended up with 5 buds a go. More people just feed it TP and the fight gets dragged out trying to proc. I got 2 free chloris from groups of 10-12 trying to zerg it and wipe to scream spam. Then again, this is asura....
 Asura.Arkanethered
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-05-30 15:25:29  
Where were those free ones when I was popping... ; ;

Yea wife and I dual-dual boxed glavoid / chloris with mnk/whm thf/brd. Finished both in about 2-3 weeks of randomness... All cata-cleaved gold boxes and a few nm claims to fill in the gaps.

Tahrongi is hell.
 Unicorn.Greever
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Greever
By Unicorn.Greever 2011-06-01 16:00:23  
I just finished my spat in hell last night and only have 17 more fangs to go till i have the 85 weapon.

But someone told me last night that the aftermath only effects the main hand of the weapon. Which he also told me he heard the AM only effects the first hit of a mnk's attack round. Is this true or can it effect all hits/only punches?
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-06-01 16:03:37  
Think it can affect any hit with the main hand. just cant affect offhand attacks and Kick attacks iirc.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-01 16:12:32  
iirc it actually procs on the offhand for h2h, not the mainhand. It can proc on all hits for that hand though.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-01 16:19:02  
Seems to mostly/only proc on off hand but can do so on any off hand hits in that attack round.
 Bismarck.Eburo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-06-01 16:22:36  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Agreed, and speaking from experience, make SURE your WHM's healing magic skill is capped. ~_~
 Shiva.Alistrianna
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Alistrianna 2011-06-01 16:23:00  
Come to think of it I had noticed that a few days ago. I thought maybe something was wrong with my chat log and it was showing my hits in the wrong order.
By Blazed1979 2011-06-01 17:01:38  
teach wife how to play ffxi and abyssea PL her whm.
/thread
 Unicorn.Greever
By Unicorn.Greever 2011-06-01 17:11:14  
Bismarck.Eburo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Agreed, and speaking from experience, make SURE your WHM's healing magic skill is capped. ~_~

as we speek im in king's ranperre's tomb with my mule skilling healing magic for that purpose (plan to get a gandiva also...and bukhis is the only hic up)...the real *** will be enhancing magic for bar spells...no way to cheat that lol
 Phoenix.Lithical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lithical 2011-06-01 17:16:20  
If you're only doing one or two at a time, a doom screen would be nice way to save holy/hallowed waters. And hallowed waters might be more expensive, but better than losing a pop cause you died.
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-06-01 17:19:05  
Unicorn.Greever said:
Bismarck.Eburo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

as we speek im in king's ranperre's tomb with my mule skilling healing magic for that purpose (plan to get a gandiva also...and bukhis is the only hic up)...the real *** will be enhancing magic for bar spells...no way to cheat that lol

Well since you say "cheat", you *could* use a bot. :P

Really I think the best way is to just spam protect1 / shell1 on random people in town.
 Unicorn.Greever
By Unicorn.Greever 2011-06-01 18:11:13  
Bismarck.Eburo said:
Unicorn.Greever said:
Bismarck.Eburo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Really I think the best way is to just spam protect1 / shell1 on random people in town.

well im "cheating" healing magic by casting on the undead in there lol. Took me about 4 hours to get from 200 skill to about 285 lol...and theres no way to get enhancing up that fast
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-06-01 18:43:23  
Unicorn.Greever said:
Bismarck.Eburo said:
Unicorn.Greever said:
Bismarck.Eburo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

well im "cheating" healing magic by casting on the undead in there lol. Took me about 4 hours to get from 200 skill to about 285 lol...and theres no way to get enhancing up that fast

Wow nice job! Does Curaga work multi-target when you cast it on undead?
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-06-01 18:46:02  
you can't target with curaga outside party

also healing skill capped or not it's a *** to remove doom if you ask me it's random as hell it doesn't feel like healing skill is even a factor from my experience
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-06-01 19:08:55  
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

also healing skill capped or not it's a *** to remove doom if you ask me it's random as hell it doesn't feel like healing skill is even a factor from my experience

It seems like it's "a pain" if your skill is capped, "impossible" if not. lol
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-06-01 19:43:24  
Bismarck.Eburo said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

/sch light arts, will ungimp you somewhat.
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2011-06-01 20:03:24  
Carbuncle.Axle said:
Bismarck.Eburo said:
Carbuncle.Tweeek said:

/sch light arts, will ungimp you somewhat.

I am one of those people who refuses to use SCH sub on WHM, or pretty much any mage (except BLM if I had it...), and I've heard every supporting argument and none of it changes my mind about SCH being a subjob of preference, not performance.