Food That Improves Skill Rate?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Food that improves skill rate?
Food that improves skill rate?
 Cerberus.Oseryu
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2011-05-26 11:23:45  
Is there any type of food that can increase the rate you get skills or no? Had some japanese guy give me food to help with skills but, can't remember what it was called!
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2011-05-26 11:32:12  
Kitron Macaroon I think, but those are for synthesis iirc
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-26 11:32:45  
I thought that was just less breaks.
 Cerberus.Oseryu
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Oseryu 2011-05-26 11:35:28  
Sylph.Chrisstreb said:
Kitron Macaroon I think, but those are for synthesis iirc
That'd be the one thanks
By Wilsor 2011-05-26 11:53:02  
Does it really improve skill rate? I need to finish cloth to 100. XD I thought it was just break rate too. I figure if it was that great, it'd be selling out like crazy (or maybe people just don't know about it).
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-26 11:56:53  
I just read about every article i could find concerning it. From my understanding it reduces the base break rate from ~5% to around 2% (on average). I don't see anywhere that anyone tested positive for skill rate.
 Siren.Hastur
サーバ: Siren
user: Hastur
By Siren.Hastur 2011-05-26 12:16:01  
I've used rusks quite a bit, which have the same description as the macaroons. Definitely seemed to help with skill ups in crafting. This is something that is pretty hard to test as sometimes skill ups are very infrequent anyway and then sometimes they come pretty quickly.

I leveled 50-93 cooking while using them and to 99 smithing (along with all the other stuff that isn't too difficult to gain skill ups pre-60 anyway)while not. There seemed to be an increase in skill ups for that time in cooking.

Certainly cannot say for 100% that there is in either food type, but I have seen several places that the macaroon gives increased skill up rate, decreases break rate and affects high-quality yield somehow (both positively and negatively, but have seen more negative). Seen in several different JP bazaar comments and on one of the forums, cannot remember which exactly.