言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » BLU - don't laugh at me
BLU - don't laugh at me
By xenomasterkenshin 2011-05-26 11:01:56  
Oh god, redemption,, nuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!

Lvl MNK and make that path to a better use lol, or better yet, ukkon + almace = win!!

Cheers!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-26 11:04:46  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Even in Abyssea, where WS damage is greatly inflated, and with Almace, which unlocks a WS that far exceeds the damage potential of other sword WS, most of BLU's melee damage is in the TP phase. Omnipotent, Store TP gear... none of the changes you're making are enhancing that. In fact, with the setup you've chosen it's notably detrimental. Trading Atheling for Tactical sacrifices 35 attack (>7% increase in TP phase damage) and 3% DA (1.6% increase in TP phase damage, 1.5% increase in WS frequency) for a 4.5% increase in WS frequency. STR Shamshir +2 offers a ~5% boost to global damage via attack alone and also offers superior base damage (significant in that the base damage increase actually ups the fSTR cap for that hand in this case) and a more favorable delay (ODD procs). Machaera +2's sole benefit is a ~13% increase in WS frequency. The combined trades of GH, Zelus Tiara, Homam Gambieras, and Twilight Belt vs Omnipotent, Mavi Kavuk +2, Goading Belt, and Gules Leggings is 20% critrate, 2% DA vs 25.5 WSC for CDC, 38 accuracy, and 8 Store TP. For reference, the 20% critrate does more for CDC than the WSC does inside Abyssea.
This was very helpful. I was thinking that a blu's damage is more from CDC than tp phase (purely eyeballing his melee attacks vs. ws) and tipping the scales toward ws>tp. This is what I would guess is a "normal" tp build: The whole theory in the OP was just that, me not knowing how to gear blue mage only being a couple months old on it. Also, is blue mage going to benefit more using SS over GH or no? It seems everyone is talking about RR with SS now instead of GH. Would that be a mistake? ninja edit:
xenomasterkenshin said:
To ash: Admit it, you just love BLU now and want an Almace!!
Round 2 is redemption and round 3 is ukko. IF we get around to ever making everyone a 4th empyrean i might consider it ;3 Ironically rdm and pld were my 3rd and 4th jobs to 75 after drg and nin, and i never use any of the first 5!!! (i only get to be my precious drg when im only needed for DD or piercing blue).
Suppa, Sea Torque, Dusk Gloves.

I agree on suppa and sea torque but is dusk going to make any kind of noticeable difference?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-05-26 11:05:50  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Even in Abyssea, where WS damage is greatly inflated, and with Almace, which unlocks a WS that far exceeds the damage potential of other sword WS, most of BLU's melee damage is in the TP phase. Omnipotent, Store TP gear... none of the changes you're making are enhancing that. In fact, with the setup you've chosen it's notably detrimental. Trading Atheling for Tactical sacrifices 35 attack (>7% increase in TP phase damage) and 3% DA (1.6% increase in TP phase damage, 1.5% increase in WS frequency) for a 4.5% increase in WS frequency. STR Shamshir +2 offers a ~5% boost to global damage via attack alone and also offers superior base damage (significant in that the base damage increase actually ups the fSTR cap for that hand in this case) and a more favorable delay (ODD procs). Machaera +2's sole benefit is a ~13% increase in WS frequency. The combined trades of GH, Zelus Tiara, Homam Gambieras, and Twilight Belt vs Omnipotent, Mavi Kavuk +2, Goading Belt, and Gules Leggings is 20% critrate, 2% DA vs 25.5 WSC for CDC, 38 accuracy, and 8 Store TP. For reference, the 20% critrate does more for CDC than the WSC does inside Abyssea.
This was very helpful. I was thinking that a blu's damage is more from CDC than tp phase (purely eyeballing his melee attacks vs. ws) and tipping the scales toward ws>tp. This is what I would guess is a "normal" tp build: The whole theory in the OP was just that, me not knowing how to gear blue mage only being a couple months old on it. Also, is blue mage going to benefit more using SS over GH or no? It seems everyone is talking about RR with SS now instead of GH. Would that be a mistake? ninja edit:
xenomasterkenshin said:
To ash: Admit it, you just love BLU now and want an Almace!!
Round 2 is redemption and round 3 is ukko. IF we get around to ever making everyone a 4th empyrean i might consider it ;3 Ironically rdm and pld were my 3rd and 4th jobs to 75 after drg and nin, and i never use any of the first 5!!! (i only get to be my precious drg when im only needed for DD or piercing blue).
Suppa, Sea Torque, Dusk Gloves.

I agree on suppa and sea torque but is dusk going to make any kind of noticeable difference?
Well, if we're talking about abyssea, what good is that DEX doing you? Nothing. +5 attack > nothing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-26 11:09:03  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
5 attack vs 4 DEX 8 AGI? ocelot's subtle blow I guess could be added but eeep such a small difference both ways hmmm

His point is valid. I just dont use spellcast and hate manually unequiping dusk :3
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-05-26 11:10:47  
In regards to atmas, specifically AO vs. GH vs. SS:

I've played around with all three, and my favorite by far is SS. The increase in HP is fantastic as I find myself tanking more often than not, and the bonus to crit damage, while not outweighing the 20% crit rate from GH, is a nice increase for AM crits and CDC. I wasn't impressed with AO really, with all of the praise it receives for being the best DD atma after Apoc and RR. I really didn't find myself TAing enough, or more specifically engaged long enough to a single monster to TA enough, for it to be worth the massive loss in HP.

By no means am I saying SS is the best option, it's just my favorite for utility.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-26 11:17:51  
xenomasterkenshin said:
Oh god, redemption,, nuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!! Lvl MNK and make that path to a better use lol, or better yet, ukkon + almace = win!! Cheers!

Prepare to rage:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/21054/empyrean-crossroads/3#1279871 :/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-26 11:23:42  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Also, is blue mage going to benefit more using SS over GH or no? It seems everyone is talking about RR with SS now instead of GH. Would that be a mistake?
It's not and as such I should probably stop saying GH. It's just habit since GH was the go-to third atma for a good while there, a familiar point of reference.

Regarding A&O, don't forget that it also adds 50 attack. This is a significant portion of why it's such a powerful DD atma. As Prothescar mentioned, the HP reduction is problematic in many situations so SS would be a better choice if you're dealing with high-damage abilities or spells.

If you're using a build other than Mavi +2 head/body (Zelus/Loki's or Cuahtli +1/Mextli), Dusk Gloves +1 are required to get that last fraction of haste. They're T1 now and hides are cheap, so you can get them synthed for well under 500k.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-26 11:29:39  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Even in Abyssea, where WS damage is greatly inflated, and with Almace, which unlocks a WS that far exceeds the damage potential of other sword WS, most of BLU's melee damage is in the TP phase.
This statement surprised me
It's the ODD. A Badelaire +2 BLU would have a slightly greater WS component. RR/Apoc/A&O with Almace is actually quite close to 50/50 if using Zelus + Loki's, but without that gear or if using SS or GH instead of A&O it'll slightly favor TP phase. Also, since CA consumes your WS's TP return if self-skillchaining you lose a bit of WS frequency from expected values.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-26 11:30:53  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Also, is blue mage going to benefit more using SS over GH or no? It seems everyone is talking about RR with SS now instead of GH. Would that be a mistake?
It's not and as such I should probably stop saying GH. It's just habit since GH was the go-to third atma for a good while there, a familiar point of reference. Regarding A&O, don't forget that it also adds 50 attack. This is a significant portion of why it's such a powerful DD atma. As Prothescar mentioned, the HP reduction is problematic in many situations so SS would be a better choice if you're dealing with high-damage abilities or spells. If you're using a build other than Mavi +2 head/body (Zelus/Loki's or Cuahtli +1/Mextli), Dusk Gloves +1 are required to get that last fraction of haste. They're T1 now and hides are cheap, so you can get them synthed for well under 500k.

I dont understand. You're saying RR/AoA/Apoc? I think that's what you're saying but I'm kind of derping it.

*edit* nevermind you just answered before i finished typing this.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-26 11:31:17  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
It's not and as such I should probably stop saying GH. It's just habit since GH was the go-to third atma for a good while there, a familiar point of reference. Regarding A&O, don't forget that it also adds 50 attack. This is a significant portion of why it's such a powerful DD atma. As Prothescar mentioned, the HP reduction is problematic in many situations so SS would be a better choice if you're dealing with high-damage abilities or spells. If you're using a build other than Mavi +2 head/body (Zelus/Loki's or Cuahtli +1/Mextli), Dusk Gloves +1 are required to get that last fraction of haste. They're T1 now and hides are cheap, so you can get them synthed for well under 500k.

I dont understand. You're saying RR/AoA/Apoc? I think that's what you're saying but I'm kind of derping it.
If it won't get you killed, yeah. Otherwise use SS.