New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Best atmas to brew
Best atmas to brew
 Shiva.Cybermario
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Cybermario 2011-05-26 04:25:42  
Wonder the best WS and atmas to brew as a MNK or THF in abyssea, in advance thanks.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2011-05-26 04:50:10  
Thf-aeolian edge(gales, ultimate, pandemonium warden atma?)
Mnk-catsclysm(cosmos, ultimate, warden atma again)

with no hell's guardian you could just use baying moon/beyond instead.
Flash nova might work on mnk as well, but I've never tried breweing with it
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-26 04:50:12  
Anything that enhances mab or the elemental attack of whatever you're brewing with. Just be careful the mob isn't resistant to whatever you're trying to kill it with. i.e. earth crusher on rani is a bad idea but A.edge is pretty good.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-26 04:55:45  
General rule of thumb is that elemental attack+ is the best thing to look for, then MAB.

Smiting blow is also worth a mention. On WSs that have a large FTP bonus based on tp, the +100 TP bonus is useful.
 Sylph.Citrelautame
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Citrelautame 2011-05-26 05:15:16  
smiting blow > +50 mab on AE, im not sure about monk's ws...done lots of tests and smiting blow+gales+ one of the +50 mab atmas are by far the best
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-05-26 05:17:40  
Sylph.Citrelautame said:
smiting blow > +50 mab on AE, im not sure about monk's ws...done lots of tests and smiting blow+gales+ one of the +50 mab atmas are by far the best

Yeah I had pretty good results with smithing blow/ulti/gales aeolian edge brewing, too.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-05-26 06:10:09  
with cata brew on mnk i like cosmos/ultimate/smiting

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Cybermario
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Cybermario 2011-05-28 12:49:54  
thanks a lot for the input, i will need to get some of the atmas listed in the thread
 Phoenix.Salmijr
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-05-28 13:05:40  
Yep, brew gives +900 MAB , so MAB atmas are not that great. Element +, wsdmg+ etc is the way to go.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-28 13:08:52  
Phoenix.Salmijr said:
Yep, brew gives +900 MAB , so MAB atmas are not that great. Element +, wsdmg+ etc is the way to go.
Not sure this thing about mab is true. I've always been told mab isn't affected by brew(and kinda believe it since I've tried QD on brew and difference wasn't as great as a +900 would suggest).
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-05-28 13:21:38  
Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Phoenix.Salmijr said:
Not sure this thing about mab is true. I've always been told mab isn't affected by brew(and kinda believe it since I've tried QD on brew and difference wasn't as great as a +900 would suggest).
Wasn't that great? It's either a large damage boost as +999 MAB would suggest, or nothing is effected at all; it could just be much lower than +999. No other stat on the brew enhances QD. I would test it myself, but servers down etc :|

Do you remember your QD numbers with brew?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-28 13:29:37  
Can't say the exact number, but against Shinryu using gales/beyond/baying moon(didn't have ultimate at the time)my wind shot dealt something like 2k. Now, I've never used wind shot with gales atma outside of brew situations, but it was a double damage at best compared to the usual...and maybe I dream too much, but shouldn't +999 be more than just double?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-05-28 13:33:01  
Phoenix.Sehachan said:
Can't say the exact number, but against Shinryu using gales/beyond/baying moon(didn't have ultimate at the time)my wind shot dealt something like 2k. Now, I've never used wind shot with gales atma outside of brew situations, but it was a double damage at best compared to the usual...and maybe I dream too much, but shouldn't +999 be more than just double?
What's your QD set and Gun/Ammo? Any AF3+2? HQ or NQ staff?

Whoops, nvm~
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-28 13:37:57  
I had a simple yata as main weapon, Mayhem+2 with mab, oberon's, cor hat+1, navarch's choker/gants+1(irrelevant)/bottes+2, moonshade with mab, moldavite, mirke/tassets with mab, stormsoul/balrahn ring, forban cape, aquiline belt.
Pretty sure this is what I had when I tried this. The damage increase could have been just gales doing. Oh and used ascetic(don't know if tonic or gambir)and Wiz roll.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-05-28 14:10:03  
The damage should have been somewhere around 950, so for 2k, the MAB would have to be somewhere around 417...

Math:

=262, that being the total MAB of brew from the estimate damage, but I think a more reasonable amount would be +300~+333. I'll test later when I want to brew something :|