users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Emp bonus to CA/Efflux/BA
Emp bonus to CA/Efflux/BA
 Cerberus.Kaht
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2011-05-25 13:34:10  
Does anybody know the specifics of how these bonuses work for the empyrean head/legs/feet pieces? I understand the bonuses that they supply - what i don't understand is how they should be used.

Using just the Mavi Kavuk, for example.

Does the Mavi Kavuk have to be equipped when Chain Affinity is used?
Does it only have to be equipped when you cast a spell under Chain Affinity?
If the Kavuk has to be equipped when Chain Affinity is used, and when you cast your spell, does the Kavuk have to remain equipped until you cast the spell?

I currently have my spellcast set up to equip it prior to CA, and keep it equipped in the aftercast. However, I wonder if it's unnecessary.

So bottom line - at what point does the kavuk (and tayt/basmak) need to be equipped to obtain the bonuses?

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-05-25 14:04:40  
First off, yes. Mavi Kavuk has to be on during the entire casting of the spell. I have seperate macros for my spells because of this.

Ex: Quad. without CA I cast in Relic hat+1 (VIT+ and Blue magic skill+)
Quad. with CA I keep the hat on during the entire cast.

As for the other two, those apply also. You must keep the pants/boots on for the bonus to Efflux/Burst Affinity to apply.

For the timing of when they need to be on, they have to be on at least during the cast. Most BLUs do idle in Empy head/pants though due haste/sword skill. Then again, now a days, most BLUs don't even gear swap for spells... Well, at least that only applies to the abyssea burned ones (hopefully). But, in my opinion, I'd put them on prior to casting.