Wild Fire Ranger
First Page 2
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-25 01:08:20  
TP:

WS:

Made the gun for COR figured might as well use it for RNG. Know I need to +2 head and body other than that, any other suggestion?

Or would I be better off using a bow/arrow set up? (not including empy bow)
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-25 01:11:30  
omg hi
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-25 01:12:46  
hi ;o
By DuzellLevi 2011-05-25 01:16:32  
Artemis' medal depending on moon phase, that all i really see at a glance.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-25 01:17:14  
seiryu's kote maybe? or do you need the macc on schutzen?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-25 01:35:21  
totally forgot about s kotes. good catch.

schutzen would be better if im fighting something resistant.
 Cerberus.Quipto
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-05-25 01:47:29  
You don't have a 5-hit in your TP set. You're only getting 19.9 TP/hit when you're not /sam. If you are /sam, you have a lot of TP going to waste. Other than that, S.Kote. What do you have on your body?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-25 01:53:17  
Pretty much stay /SAM, Want to use the +2 AGI strap but cant seem to find one.

Body is MAB+4 and quick draw-5
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-05-25 02:57:32  
Loki's Kaftan
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-05-25 03:01:46  
Well, you need to totally rework your TP set if you're /sam since you have 22.4% TP/hit.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-25 11:58:19  
Fenrir.Captaincrunch said:
Loki's Kaftan

Have it, was told MAB mirke outdoes lokis.

As far as "totally" reworking my TP set, only thing I can really change out would be rose strap to... what? cant find the agi grip, only other thing that would help would be axe grip or maybe the crit grip grip or rajas ring for another racc ring, rattk ring, or a str ring.
 Sylph.Suzanoo
user: Suzanoo
By Sylph.Suzanoo 2011-05-25 12:07:11  
I use Anwig Salade on cor for wildfire. Augmented with agi+4 MAB+2 and WS dmg+2%. dunno if you have a moogle helmet you like but its something to look into.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-25 12:22:08  
I re-did the fight awhile ago but was unsure what to make on it really. I have vere as well for mnk and just recently leveled dnc so I have a hard time picking which to do, lol..

I guess if I put MAB and wsdmg i can also use it for edge and cata.
 Asura.Backstab
サーバ: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-05-25 13:03:51  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Loki's Kaftan

As far as "totally" reworking my TP set, only thing I can really change out would be rose strap to... what? cant find the agi grip, only other thing that would help would be axe grip or maybe the crit grip grip or rajas ring for another racc ring, rattk ring, or a str ring.

How about going for a 4 hit if ur /sam?
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-25 13:11:43  
Doesnt seem worth it since you would have to drop a lot of agi/mab gear in WS to make 4 hit work.
 Phoenix.Deboro
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-05-25 13:29:29  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Doesnt seem worth it since you would have to drop a lot of agi/mab gear in WS to make 4 hit work.
oh really? /Sam of course, Cant think of any reason to sub something different.

TP:

27.3 return

WS:

20.9 + 27.3x3 102.8

Could probably lose some STP somewhere and still make it work. I dont feel you give very much up in this build either.

Also artmetis medal maybe, When /sam you cannot use Uggy pendant without having mp merits, which I dont.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-25 13:38:54  
Thank you for showing me a set that works, not sure why you had to start it with a some what snarky remark. But yes, that would work.

Guess ill get +2 hands soon and the belt. might be able to get gules from burning with some decent augments.
By zagex 2011-05-25 13:43:19  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
oh really? /Sam of course, Cant think of any reason to sub something different.

TP:

27.3 return

WS:

20.9 + 27.3x3 102.8

Could probably lose some STP somewhere and still make it work. I dont feel you give very much up in this build either.

Also artmetis medal maybe, When /sam you cannot use Uggy pendant without having mp merits, which I dont.

If you have an MAB Mirke, you could use that for WS and be able to trigger Uggy pendant.
 Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-05-25 13:48:07  
zagex said:

If you have an MAB Mirke, you could use that for WS and be able to trigger Uggy pendant.

Gear mp wont trigger it, if your not /mage or have innate mp such as merits. Tried for hours on Rng only to find this out. WF does same damage with or without neck with any amount of gear mp and having under 50% of course
 Fenrir.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-05-25 13:55:23  
Yes it will. 0/10 MP is still less than 51% MP.
[+]
 Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-05-25 14:42:56  
Fenrir.Enternius said:
Yes it will. 0/10 MP is still less than 51% MP.
then go test it, because I did. 0/10mp is very well under 51% Problem is uggy pendant only activates from NATIVE mp ( which is mp that you actually poses given you merited +mp or are subbing a job that gets mp on its own, as I refereed to as /mage ) Gear +mp or converts hp to mp is not NATIVE mp and thus you cannot gain uggy pendants 8MAB when Rng/Sam unless you put one merit into MP.
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-05-25 14:48:44  
Also getting 20 MP from pendant itself. And from my testing, it does work.
 Phoenix.Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-05-25 15:29:23  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Also getting 20 MP from pendant itself. And from my testing, it does work.
Do tell. Because I can go SS the damage not changing from beck being equipped or not equipped in abyssea it not hard with a WS that always displays the same number on EXP mobs
By zagex 2011-05-25 16:16:56  
It's working fine for me with Mirke + Pendant as the only sources of mp.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-25 16:38:53  
Giving up the enhanced velocity shot effect from AF3 body is really not worth it unless you absolutely have to. Plus stacking enmity (the body has -9) works well with the near-enmity free Wildfire. Also replacing any AF3 slot reduces your chance of rapid shot double damage proc, which I've found to proc actually quite often. You should begin your shots with as much rapid shot gear as possible and then swap to AF3 gear before your shot goes off. Finally, since you do not have to worry about enmity, like most RNG do, I would recommend going /war instead of /sam and to go crazy with berserk. This way you do not have to worry about sacrificing so much gear to achieve 25 tp, just make sure you get at least 20.

Also, just to nitpick, you would want to use the ranged waist piece with store tp +3 and ranged attack +9 over goading belt any day.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-05-25 16:48:32  
If 4-hit is too much for you, 5-hit /sam can be done with Rajas and Volley. But in order to maintain it, you would have to WS in at least 1 STP. Or you could just do Rose+Rajas for TP and WS in whatever you want. Also there is a new MAB+6 head piece that may be better than Bersail.
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-05-25 16:51:05  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Giving up the enhanced velocity shot effect from AF3 body is really not worth it unless you absolutely have to. Plus stacking enmity (the body has -9) works well with the near-enmity free Wildfire. Also replacing any AF3 slot reduces your chance of rapid shot double damage proc, which I've found to proc actually quite often. You should begin your shots with as much rapid shot gear as possible and then swap to AF3 gear before your shot goes off. Finally, since you do not have to worry about enmity, like most RNG do, I would recommend going /war instead of /sam and to go crazy with berserk. This way you do not have to worry about sacrificing so much gear to achieve 25 tp, just make sure you get at least 20.

Also, just to nitpick, you would want to use the ranged waist piece with store tp +3 and ranged attack +9 over goading belt any day.
You want to pre-shoot in Snapshot, not Rapid Shot. The early Rapid Shot proc would totally screw up your x-hit if you are building like that.
 Fenrir.Captaincrunch
By Fenrir.Captaincrunch 2011-05-25 17:18:56  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Loki's Kaftan

For wildfire, 2 AGI > 1 MAB > 1 AGI

So 11 AGI > 4 MAB
 Cerberus.Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-05-25 17:28:47  
Sylph.Kimble said:
Loki's Kaftan

So 11 AGI > 4 MAB
It's 6 AGI to 4 MAB though.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-05-25 17:39:42  
Cerberus.Quipto said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Loki's Kaftan

So 11 AGI > 4 MAB
It's 6 AGI to 4 MAB though.

I've tried both on COR, sometimes Mirke wins sometimes Loki wins, probably has something to do with the amount of enemy INT....so I just use Loki all the time since it has STP on it.....

Mirke is 5 AGI btw.
First Page 2