Fishing And Seasons?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » fishing and seasons?
fishing and seasons?
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-05-23 19:52:00  
Ok...do seasons in fact exist in this game and do they affect fishing at all? Reason I'm asking is that for the last 3 days ive been fishing up crystal bass and ONLY crystal bass(roughly 20 stacks so far) in the crystawater spring in jugner. Im currently @ 29.5 on my skill using hume rod and sinking minnow, and this morning everything was normal...low skill rates...several bites. I come back after being afk for much of the day only to find im now catching cheval salmon and trout and not one crystal bass. Idk know what happened. A LS mate suggested seasons which led me to bring up this question here. Any ideas?
By Ska681 2011-05-23 22:58:00  
IDK about what you catching but something is up w/ fishing recently.
today i went back to working on lu shangs rod cause i had nothing better to do. would turn in fish in and get more credit that what i turned in. when i started back up today couldnt remember how many i had so i checked and it was 6500 some. thought wow i turned that many in cool beans.frist time i turned in just over 4 stacks of moat carp and was like now i have 6895!!! hmmm most of read the number wrong cool. Fish awhile longer i got 47more so i run over and turn these in.
7315!!!!! WHAT these numbers are not adding up nor are they makeing any ryme or reason. Friend had some chillin in there mog house to make bait w/ and handed them to me. i turn them in (38) 7410 now huh? OK so i go fish some more only cought 2 so i am like on what is going on here. I trade them 1 at a time frist fish gave me credit for 2 next one gave me credit for 1. BUT i am not ganna complain i went from 6500 some to 7410 in one day of fishing.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-23 23:31:58  
They do exist, and you'll notice that seasons define your bite rate much more as you fish more challenging fish at level 100.

With that said, the pre50 stuff doesn't really change a whole lot but what you described is completely normal.

Ska681 said:
today i went back to working on lu shangs rod cause i had nothing better to do. would turn in fish in and get more credit that what i turned in. when i started back up today couldnt remember how many i had so i checked and it was 6500 some. thought wow i turned that many in cool beans.frist time i turned in just over 4 stacks of moat carp and was like now i have 6895!!! hmmm most of read the number wrong cool. Fish awhile longer i got 47more so i run over and turn these in.
7315!!!!! WHAT these numbers are not adding up nor are they makeing any ryme or reason. Friend had some chillin in there mog house to make bait w/ and handed them to me. i turn them in (38) 7410 now huh? OK so i go fish some more only cought 2 so i am like on what is going on here. I trade them 1 at a time frist fish gave me credit for 2 next one gave me credit for 1. BUT i am not ganna complain i went from 6500 some to 7410 in one day of fishing.
lol <3 are you sure your talking to the right NPC? You don't talk to the two up front they always say weird *** numbers. Talk to the lady behind them to get your real fish count.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-05-24 00:20:19  
Siren.Kalilla said:
They do exist, and you'll notice that seasons define your bite rate much more as you fish more challenging fish at level 100.

With that said, the pre50 stuff doesn't really change a whole lot but what you described is completely normal.

Ska681 said:
lol <3 are you sure your talking to the right NPC? You don't talk to the two up front they always say weird *** numbers. Talk to the lady behind them to get your real fish count.
^ When I talked to the dudes they told me like 8.5k moats at first and I was like OHGODWAT, WHEN DID I DO ALL THIS? Then checked the lady behind them and had only like 300 moats turned in :\
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-24 00:28:36  
Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said:
^ When I talked to the dudes they told me like 8.5k moats at first and I was like OHGODWAT, WHEN DID I DO ALL THIS? Then checked the lady behind them and had only like 300 moats turned in :\
Thought you got extremely lucky huh? lol

Finally...something glitches in my favor!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-05-24 00:30:53  
in the #08 voucher MMM they are also in this and quite funny. Always throwing insults at you and being competitive with one another.
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-05-24 00:44:55  
Yeah lol, aquatic depopulation? It makes me laugh because I picture it like an over dramatized fishing anime, tennis = prince of tennis >.>