フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Stones
Stones
 Ragnarok.Neonracer
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Neonracer
By Ragnarok.Neonracer 2011-05-23 17:43:15  
Cerberus.Draupnir said:
3 stones a day isn't that bad imo but I don't spend all day in abyssea lol. Do you also have the abyssites that adds on time to each stone instead of having 30 minute/stone you will have 48minute/stone?

1 stone every 4 hrs isn't bad either...
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-05-23 18:22:23  
Just finish all my stones quest. Should be better now. Thank you all for the advice. Anything else you can think if please post!!
By Biglen 2011-05-24 10:15:19  
Did you check your stock pile of stones?

Did you recieve alot of them or are you going to just recieve them faster now and only have a couple of them

That is my original question if you have like 100+ now that is pretty pimp.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Biglen 2011-05-24 10:28:27  
That blows!!! Either way would have been great for him in this case oh well . . .

Thanks for the post
 Ragnarok.Neraya
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Neraya
By Ragnarok.Neraya 2011-05-24 10:34:00  
Ivory Abyssite of Sojourn
Jade Abyssite of Sojourn
Sapphire Abyssite of Sojourn
Scarlet Abyssite of Sojourn
Emerald Abyssite of Sojourn
Indigo Abyssite of Sojourn

Enhances the potency of a traverser stone, allowing the bearer to abide in Abyssea for extended durations.
Extends amount of Visitant time provided by Traverser Stones by 10% (+3 minutes per stone, +18 total).

Source : http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Abyssite

Advice : Each time you enter inside an Abyssea area, farm Azure Light first and/or in the same time of Pearl. Avoid Ruby ! (a minimal amount is ok to get light from those red pyxis but don't build that, really).
Try to leave a zone with more than 90~120min if/when possible.
 Phoenix.Topia
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Topia
By Phoenix.Topia 2011-05-24 18:27:18  
BBB, if I may ask, how long did it take you to farm Azure Abyssite of Celerity? I only ask because I'm been trying to get it on my mule for the past 4 days (over 10 hours spent, building lights for time etc) and I have nothing to show for it.

For everyone else here, have you seen it drop since the mini patch last week? Any idea on drop rate? Thank you.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-24 18:30:10  
Phoenix.Topia said:
BBB, if I may ask, how long did it take you to farm Azure Abyssite of Celerity? I only ask because I'm been trying to get it on my mule for the past 4 days (over 10 hours spent, building lights for time etc) and I have nothing to show for it.

For everyone else here, have you seen it drop since the mini patch last week? Any idea on drop rate? Thank you.

Does your mule pull? 1st claim gets KI. I've farmed 4 of them, and never took more than 10'ish kills.
 Phoenix.Topia
By Phoenix.Topia 2011-05-24 18:38:57  
Yes my mule pulls every mob. I've used dia, various elemental skills, holy banish etc, and no luck so far. I've also tried both the normal tonberries and the ones with the coats in the back.

I'd hazard a guess and say I've killed around 600 total, whereas when I first did it for my main character back when the tonberries first spawned, it took me maybe 30 kills.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-24 18:50:50  
Phoenix.Topia said:
Yes my mule pulls every mob. I've used dia, various elemental skills, holy banish etc, and no luck so far. I've also tried both the normal tonberries and the ones with the coats in the back.

I'd hazard a guess and say I've killed around 600 total, whereas when I first did it for my main character back when the tonberries first spawned, it took me maybe 30 kills.

You sure your mule doesn't have it already? that seems like a lot with no drop.
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-05-24 19:05:54  
Phoenix.Topia said:

15 mins. Just keep farming the red coat berries!!! It will drop!!
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-05-24 19:07:58  
And you have to pull yourself. Mule does not count!!I got mine on WHM.SS, blink and ice spikes. Run it to a DDer.
 Valefor.Cylla
サーバ: Valefor
user: Cylla
By Valefor.Cylla 2011-05-24 19:14:05  
Got mine and my husband Azure Abyssite of Celerity today in under 20 mins :x
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-05-24 19:20:07  
Grats girl!!!
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-05-24 19:35:37  
Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said:
Well folks my Abby adventures are over for awhile. Went to grab more stones and found out I have to wait for them to "recharge".
I had 200 plus at one time.
Where exactly did you think they were all coming from...?
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-24 20:36:35  
I had a friend that burned stones like a mofo because he had "hundreds" and didn't care about getting the celerity abyssites. When it came to doing group stuff a few weeks later, he bitched and moaned and wouldn't go without farming lights because he had run out of stones. If he had done the celerities like I had told him almost on a daily basis, there wouldn't have been a problem. I hated him for this (sometimes you just want to burn stones in a group of 3-4 people) - someone should make an official guide of things to do before you get serious about abyssea.

This would be one of them.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-05-24 20:52:12  
Leviathan.Korialstrasz said:
Well folks my Abby adventures are over for awhile. Went to grab more stones and found out I have to wait for them to "recharge".
I had no clue. Remember not a serious player.
By Wenuden 2011-05-24 21:21:33  
I had no clue. Remember not a serious player.

If you recently had 200 stones and ended up with zero today, you're a serious player.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-05-24 21:27:47  
Wenuden said:
I had no clue. Remember
not a serious player.

If you recently had 200 stones and ended up with zero today, you're a serious player.
Burned 20 helping a LS farm Ki farming Ki and helms. And Lord only knows how many soloing SMN base feet.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2011-05-24 22:20:55  
Phoenix.Topia said:

I'm in the same boat. I've had the char that needs it pull every time. I've probably had 4 or 5 attempts, most of them duo. 2nd char pull > main char nuke it down > swear at the devs for not getting abyssite > repeat.

The only thing I've had the 2nd char do in konschtat so far is buy the map, get the confluxes on the way to #8, and not get that damn abyssite.
 Phoenix.Topia
By Phoenix.Topia 2011-05-25 12:01:40  
Well I've given up on it for now. 13 hours of farming so far, rather not waste my time. Focusing on the sojourn abyssites for my mule instead.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-25 12:48:15  
Phoenix.Topia said:
Well I've given up on it for now. 13 hours of farming so far, rather not waste my time. Focusing on the sojourn abyssites for my mule instead.

that doesnt seem right man, i've helped people farm these many many many times. Longest I've seen it go without any KI is like 2 hrs. I've seen 10+ people get it within 10-15 minutes. Make sure you don't already have it lol, srs. Last 2 times I went to help someone get this they got it on the first pull.
By Biglen 2011-05-25 13:13:29  
Um. . . how would you go about buying them from you? If anything I would require you to go in with your stones build up lights till TE start to drop and then I will enter with my one stone and max my time out that is pretty much the only thing I would think of buying. I don't even see why gil is a issue to anyone nowadays or are you just wanting to up your stock pile of million of gils?
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-25 13:15:26  
Do not solo in Abyssea for seals, you are wasting your time.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-25 14:57:39  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I got like 320 stones on Mabrook and ~430 on my mule, anyone wanna buy some?

I barely ever use them tbh 8\

Biglen said:
Um. . . how would you go about buying them from you? If anything I would require you to go in with your stones build up lights till TE start to drop and then I will enter with my one stone and max my time out that is pretty much the only thing I would think of buying. I don't even see why gil is a issue to anyone nowadays or are you just wanting to up your stock pile of million of gils?

How in the world could you possibly think he was serious? Are you ESL?
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2011-05-25 17:21:46  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
I may have to agree with you bro.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Biglen 2011-05-26 17:33:55  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Biglen said:
I don't know what to say in a reply like this, so I will trust in this pic to better articulate my unfortunate loss of words.

I think it's a relative question and makes sense I much rather pay for that then whatever crazy idea you have about selling stones to me . . .

But I still have about 240 stones so it really doesn't matter to me but if you could "educate" me on how you would go about selling me some stones I would love to hear it. . .

Why u Mad Bro?
By Inuyasha 2011-05-26 17:38:07  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
sometimes farming NM's for seals wastes time too..since nuubs dont build lights and get TE...or kill with WS's....