users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » brewing orthrus
brewing orthrus
 Leviathan.Cycerath
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Cycerath
By Leviathan.Cycerath 2011-05-21 10:01:40  
while i know it's not neccessary to brew orthrus, i'm looking for a quick way to finish my last 35 claws for twash. i figure if i can find enough people to just hold the KI from amarok, i could use 1 brew and take out as many as i can. from what i heard sanguine blade gets resisted on orthrus, so i'm looking at alternatives. i have blu, bst, pld, thf, dnc, smn. and there's really nothing else to use my brews on so i'm just going to save myself some abyssea time cause i'm super low on stones (0 stone count as of this moment, and yes i have all 3 abyssites of clerity and get 48min per stone).
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-05-21 10:08:03  
Aeloian Edge<3 that's always one of the best choices imho. Put on mab atmas and go rampage!
[+]
 Fenrir.Fearforever
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Fearforever 2011-05-21 10:08:59  
Just use Aeolion Edge, and it isnt hard to do Oth just find a group of ppl who want Atheling Mantle go in cap Azure farm afew TEs then do Oths.

Only need a NIN / THF + a WHM and BRD and your set its easy.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-21 10:41:56  
You can pop up to 3 at a time as well.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-05-21 11:02:12  
Carbuncle.Axle said:
You can pop up to 3 at a time as well.

This^ Pop 3, Aoelian edge spam, just be sure they're all getting hit, best to get hate on all to make sure they're all on you and within aoe range.

Oh yeah, make sure you lot stuff fast.
[+]
 Phoenix.Brucie
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Demon
By Phoenix.Brucie 2011-05-21 11:27:35  
how is this possible!?!?
 Odin.Skeero
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2011-05-21 11:29:05  
How are you handling auto-sort on items? I know quarter master is avaliable but then you would hoard all af2 items also. Which im sure people wouldnt appreciate. This is assuming you are the brewer and locking your brew on chest/martello.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-05-21 11:56:31  
Well in our case nobody needed af2 items, but the nonbrewer could pass/lot what they need and the rest can auto sort, so long as there's inventory space. Mine actually filled up since I was hitting wyverns nearby and getting skins too, so I lost one scale (woulda been fine if I pulled away, but I only needed 3 scales to finish, and iirc Orthrus doesn't have many mobs nearby). But it's a lot faster lol. Can lock brew and pop another 2 or 3 when ready.
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-05-21 12:01:10  
Phoenix.Brucie said:
how is this possible!?!?

No one read the update notes? more pop ??? for some NM's
[+]
 Asura.Patriclis
サーバ: Asura
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2011-05-21 12:14:00  
So this means 1 party can have all 3 up? kool.
[+]
 Bahamut.Urmom
サーバ: Bahamut
user: urmom
By Bahamut.Urmom 2011-05-21 19:24:31  
Have you seen brewed SB be resisted? At least more than other magical ws on him?

Either way CA CW should be the most dmg followed by regular CW then catacylsm and sanguine blade of the jobs you have. Assuming right atmas of course and no resist over the normal lowered magic dmg most nms take
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-05-21 19:36:24  
Just a heads up, Cataclysm doesn't work on him well.

Wasn't really super prepared for the brew, but with cosmos +hecates on WHM I was only laying down 1k's on him while warp cudgel and no good atma hexa was doing 3k.
 Bahamut.Urmom
サーバ: Bahamut
user: urmom
By Bahamut.Urmom 2011-05-21 19:38:02  
Hmmm well if both sb and cata take less guess it just takes severaly reduced dmg from dark element... kinda odd for a fire wyrm but oh well. Wonder if fire still does good lmao
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-05-21 20:08:02  
Blade: Yu rocks Orth. If you have a friend who can do it for you and you just brew for him later. Jishnu's is also nice
 Bismarck.Klimzar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Klimzar
By Bismarck.Klimzar 2011-05-21 20:42:51  
Herculean Edge works too w/ Mag. Atk. Bonus gear/atma, only job i've brewed him on is drk, i used sanguine w/ atma of the cosmos, baying
moon, and apoc, but i did only like 1k on average, i switched it over greatsword starting using herculean and averaged about 7.7k