Best Rdm Nuking Body Gear

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Best rdm nuking body gear
Best rdm nuking body gear
By Benson 2011-05-25 16:56:00  
Outside abyssea, Mori robe aside, i read augurs is the next best body. So would Anhur Robe be a better nuking body? depending on difficulty of obtaining.
 Siren.Inuyushi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-05-26 08:12:21  
Benson said:
Outside abyssea, Mori robe aside, i read augurs is the next best body. So would Anhur Robe be a better nuking body? depending on difficulty of obtaining.

If you're wearing the robe, you don't get the Mag.Atk.Bonus+5, only people around you.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-05-26 08:54:16  
twilight cloak is actually the best body for rdm nuking, even if you cant use head piece it stills out dd any head piece and body at the same time, beats morri robe period
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-26 09:03:45  
(3 mab vs 16 int) lols
[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Mithraspike 2011-06-03 11:20:47  
15 MAB never outdmg

MAB + 7
INT + 8 from AF3 +2 Head.

AND

MAB +5
INT +8 from Morrigans robe.

= 12 MAB + 16 INT
NEVER EVER!

And just dont try to start arguing with "lolzimpact".
Getting a bonus nuke which you only have with a gearpiece but normally not is not considered equal, fair and under normal circumstances playground.
Besides the high amount of mp costs.
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-03 11:28:07  
Odin.Mithraspike said:
15 MAB never outdmg

MAB + 7

AND

MAB +5

= 12 MAB + 16 INT
NEVER EVER!

Getting a bonus nuke which you only have with a gearpiece but normally not is not considered equal, fair and under normal circumstances playground.

Gear is Situational. If I understand things correctly, once you're over the INT you need to not get resisted, extra INT doesn't do anything. Only Mag.Atk.Bonus will push your dmg limits once you've broken the dINT cap.

FFXI: It's situational.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-03 11:30:25  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Odin.Mithraspike said:
15 MAB never outdmg

MAB + 7

AND

MAB +5

= 12 MAB + 16 INT
NEVER EVER!

Gear is Situational. If I understand things correctly, once you're over the INT you need to not get resisted, extra INT doesn't do anything. Only Mag.Atk.Bonus will push your dmg limits once you've broken the dINT cap.

FFXI: It's situational.

That is true, I guess...kinda.
But...
Good luck capping INT.
Unless you got brew on, I dont think you'll cap INT vs anything >_>

INT adds dmg.
I think you'r mixing INT up with Ele skill/macc.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-06-03 11:30:56  
What's a red mage?

All jokes aside: I've wanted to un-retired my rdm for so long but mages require so much inventory T.T
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-03 11:32:59  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
What's a red mage?

All jokes aside: I've wanted to un-retired my rdm for so long but mages require so much inventory T.T

Yeah same, so yesterday, I decided to make a list of all the gear I WANT to bring around on my RDM.
And now I'm having real trouble taking stuff away, so it becomes less than 80 slots. ;;
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-03 11:34:30  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
But...
Good luck capping INT.

INT adds dmg.

According to wiki... INT only helps with dmg until a certain point. Once you reach a cap, the only thing that can push your dmg beyond this cap is MAB. Test it on some lvl1 mobs if you realy want to see it first hand. INT only helps dmg to a point.

But I agree with the Morg.Robe+AFv3 Hat combo for nuking in general. I only see reaching the dINT cap with Brew or you're doing something really lowman. I was just replying to his extreme comment of 'NEVER EVER!'
 Siren.Inuyushi
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-06-03 11:35:52  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
What's a red mage?

Yea, this is true. But I have to say I'm not going to burst over the 80 Mark....atleast I don't hope so. Ive made my lists but Ive yet to count how many items it is. Hmmm
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-03 11:35:54  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
But...
Good luck capping INT.

INT adds dmg.

According to wiki... INT only helps with dmg until a certain point. Once you reach a cap, the only thing that can push your dmg beyond this cap is MAB. Test it on some lvl1 mobs if you realy want to see it first hand. INT only helps dmg to a point.

But I agree with the Morg.Robe+AFv3 Hat combo for nuking in general. I only see reaching the dINT cap with Brew or you're doing something really lowman. I was just replying to his extreme comment of 'NEVER EVER!'

That is true, but, you need extreme amounts of INT to cap dmg.
Vs a lvl 1 mob, yes, you will cap out.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-06-03 12:03:49  
It's not just the "on hand" inventory with me. I always feel compelled to have 5-6 situational gearsets and it cost me dearly to keep rdm and pld leveled. rdm wouldnt even be that bad if they'd make a universal affinity staff T.T
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-06-03 12:18:42  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
But...
Good luck capping INT.

INT adds dmg.

You're not capping out INT's effect on damage for anything higher than a T1 nuke without a brew. It's just not a practical consideration, the cap is that high. dINT's effect on macc has a reasonably low inflection point though.
 Fenrir.Thandar
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2011-06-03 12:27:47  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
It's not just the "on hand" inventory with me. I always feel compelled to have 5-6 situational gearsets and it cost me dearly to keep rdm and pld leveled. rdm wouldnt even be that bad if they'd make a universal affinity staff T.T

Alkatrops says sup. :D
 Odin.Zelphes
サーバ: Odin
user: Zelphes
By Odin.Zelphes 2011-06-03 12:35:49  
Another advantage using a nuke head/body combo VS Twilight Cloak is precast in fastcast gear before casting. Makes a big difference - especially in lowman/solo situations.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-06-03 12:37:32  
Fenrir.Thandar said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

I bring around Trial/ele staffs AND Alkalurops D:
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-06-03 12:40:26  
Red Mage is dead!!! /take swig

An' 'nutha think... /hiccough YOU... heh heh heh....

I MISS YOU, RDM!!! /passout
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-06-03 12:41:15  
Siren.Inuyushi said:
Odin.Mithraspike said:
15 MAB never outdmg MAB + 7 INT + 8 from AF3 +2 Head. AND MAB +5 INT +8 from Morrigans robe. = 12 MAB + 16 INT NEVER EVER! And just dont try to start arguing with "lolzimpact". Getting a bonus nuke which you only have with a gearpiece but normally not is not considered equal, fair and under normal circumstances playground. Besides the high amount of mp costs.
Gear is Situational. If I understand things correctly, once you're over the INT you need to not get resisted, extra INT doesn't do anything. Only Mag.Atk.Bonus will push your dmg limits once you've broken the dINT cap. FFXI: It's situational.

LOL. Only time int wont give you extra dmg in abys is with a brew

Siren.Inuyushi said:
My group would rarely let me come anything other than RDM because that's the job I rock.

Fenrir.Thandar said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

Here we go again, comparing alkalurops************ with affinity dmg staves.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-06-03 12:51:53  
Sylph.Krsone said:
Here we go again, comparing alkalurops************ with affinity dmg staves.

That's why I'm still leaving rdm in the closet :<
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [85 days between previous and next post]
By Otomis 2011-08-27 01:29:46  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Red Mage is dead!!! /take swig

An' 'nutha think... /hiccough YOU... heh heh heh....

I MISS YOU, RDM!!! /passout

Just for giggles I took RDM out to aby in a worm party with my mule character that my son plays also. Hot damn it was fun. <3 the ISL Blue Chests. Rdm in just a semi ok nuke set, with not even the best atmas can take out 5 worms before chainspell ends.

Just got me to reminiscing on the good old times of rdm kite nuking, and dot kiting NMs and what not. And since Rdm and Blm where both jobs I have played as mains time and again, and Rdm is now getting full array of tier IV spells; I say we bring our rdms out of the closets and have a little fun.

Take a Look:

VS:

Since Blm and Rdm as far as nuking is concerned will share many of the same potential in accessories I am just looking at the 5 piece.

Both Blm and Commonly Rdm have Ice Merits in their T1. So if both where to cast Blizzard IV the damage would be rather close.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-27 01:30:55  
Except BLM has higher base INT, more magic attack bonus traits, and Ice Accuracy doesn't increase damage.
 Ragnarok.Chronosphere
By Ragnarok.Chronosphere 2011-08-27 01:33:42  
Except you forget the fact that one is Ice Accuracy and the other is Potency?

Edit: gay beaten gay gaygay
By Otomis 2011-08-27 01:48:13  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Except BLM has higher base INT, more magic attack bonus traits, and Ice Accuracy doesn't increase damage.

Blm vs Rdm trait is = to 8 more MAB that Blm has then Rdm.

Between the 2 gear set which are the best each can wear: Rdm Gains 4 MAB over BLM in the 5 piece set. Bringing the BLM advantage to 4 MAB in straight gear.

Ice vs Ice though a BLM Merits do bring to the table an additional 10 MAB that rdm does not. In total Blm will be up 14 MAB on the same spell.

a lv 90 Taru Rdm/Blm has 92 Base Int ~ vs ~ a lv 90 taru Blm/Rdm which has 93 Base Int. Only 1 Int difference.

In total we are really just looking at 14 MAB (Which is a lot for sure) But considering Refresh II vs Only Refresh I + the advantage of Rdm Fast Cast trait I can see the DoT leveling out over the cycle of the MP pools.
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-08-27 02:03:36  
[Fixed title 'cause I'm OCD and I can now, thanks Scragg :D]
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-08-27 02:05:10  
Ragnarok.Anye said: »

There goes Anye abusing her power!
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-27 02:06:25  
Fairy.Spence said: »
Ragnarok.Anye said: »

There goes Anye abusing her power!
Right? Next thing you know she'll be banning people for not sending her money and food D:<
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2011-08-27 02:07:52  
Y'all's just lookin' for a topicban :|
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-08-27 02:08:54  
You would >.>
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-08-27 02:27:05  
Otomis said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »

Blm vs Rdm trait is = to 8 more MAB that Blm has then Rdm.

Between the 2 gear set which are the best each can wear: Rdm Gains 4 MAB over BLM in the 5 piece set. Bringing the BLM advantage to 4 MAB in straight gear.

Ice vs Ice though a BLM Merits do bring to the table an additional 10 MAB that rdm does not. In total Blm will be up 14 MAB on the same spell.

a lv 90 Taru Rdm/Blm has 92 Base Int ~ vs ~ a lv 90 taru Blm/Rdm which has 93 Base Int. Only 1 Int difference.

In total we are really just looking at 14 MAB (Which is a lot for sure) But considering Refresh II vs Only Refresh I + the advantage of Rdm Fast Cast trait I can see the DoT leveling out over the cycle of the MP pools.

Remember that BLM gets a elemental-fast cast trait now, and cast nukes pretty much faster than RDM.
But yeah, sadly, who nukes the hardest/have the best DoT is irrelevant atm, because you only wanna bring a BLM for proc spells anyways :3
SCH would be the superior nuker otherwise :p