Augments / FOV Connection...

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Augments / FOV connection...
Augments / FOV connection...
 Shiva.Ninaa
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Ninaa 2009-03-31 13:39:09  
I was reading over the updates that are coming and I noticed a couple things, not sure if anyone else noticed...

in the section about FOV expansion it says:

"Those who dare to relinquish equipment, on the other hand, can expect delightful rewards the likes of which have never been seen before on Vana'diel!"

and in the section on Augments it says:

"Needless to say, the development team is hard at work to ensure that augmented items can be enjoyed by the widest possible range of adventurers"

and:

"Adventurers looking to acquire augmented equipment will have to do so by their own courage and VALOR!"

So who wants to take bets on where Augments come from... if this has been pointed out, sorry...
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-31 14:07:29  
Yeah I pointed that out somewhere. I suspect that the FoV NM's (TNMs? Tabs Notorious Monsters?) will probably drop items that are used to augment gear.

I'll find my post and update this one.. I know its around somewhere.

edit: Here we go:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=1994&page=3

Hypnotizd said:
Quote:
Adventurers looking to acquire augmented equipment will have to do so by their own courage and valor!

FoVNMs anyone? I'm betting the NMs from FoV they're introducing in this patch will drop items used to augment the armor pieces.
 Shiva.Ninaa
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Ninaa 2009-03-31 14:16:35  
it says that you can trade in Tabs plus Gil, beastman seals, or Equipment, for the pop item, and that if it is equipment that you trade you get the "rewards the likes of which have never been seen before".

What I was thinking was you trade in your armor, get the pop item, and if you win the fight, you get the armor back with an augment... if you lose though... might be a gamble, especially if it is a high end piece of equipment... I guess we'll find out...
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-31 14:19:15  
Now that's an interesting speculation. How would it be if in order to get an augment "Accuracy +10" or "Evasion +10" you have to trade a scorpion harness, fight the NM, win, then it'll allow one of those stats to be augmented to another piece of gear. Hmmm....
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-03-31 14:53:18  
Hypnotizd said:
Now that's an interesting speculation. How would it be if in order to get an augment "Accuracy +10" or "Evasion +10" you have to trade a scorpion harness, fight the NM, win, then it'll allow one of those stats to be augmented to another piece of gear. Hmmm....

It's safe to assume it's not going to work that way. Most of the augments have stats that aren't present on ANY other piece in the game. For instance, what body has a "Reduces Phantom Roll delay" on it? Or Dual Wield -3% on it?
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-31 14:59:01  
Those are most likely made purely for the new body pieces. I'm guessing most Augmentations would be slightly more common.