フォーラム » FFXI » General » Security Token! +80 Additional inventory slots!! :O
Security Token! +80 Additional inventory slots!! :O
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Kujata.Gooby
サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Mutilator
By Kujata.Gooby 2009-03-31 04:24:06  
Encrypted Security Token Provides Additional Protection to FINAL FANTASY XI Players

LOS ANGELES (March 24, 2009) – Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America, today announced the upcoming launch of the Square Enix Account System and Square Enix Security Token in Japan, North America and Europe on April 7, 2009 PDT. Offering additional account safeguards to players of FINAL FANTASY® XI, these new initiatives provide for a higher level of account security. The new system will utilize the Square Enix Security Token, which will be available to purchase for $9.99 via the PlayOnline® Viewer.

Creating a Square Enix Account is free and can be done by anyone via the official Square Enix website. With this new system in place beginning April 7, 2009 PDT, Square Enix Accounts will be compatible with FINAL FANTASY XI and PlayOnline, as well as future online services.

After registering a Square Enix Account and purchasing the Square Enix Security Token, players can then assign the token to their PlayOnline ID(s). Using the token will generate a one-time password every 30 seconds for the account. Implementation of these new features is an extension of Square Enix’s commitment to continuous service for our customers.

Additionally, players who purchase a security token will also receive the brand new in-game bonus, the “Mog Satchel.” The “Mog Satchel” provides additional inventory space and benefits all characters on the PlayOnline account(s). The space provided by the “Mog Satchel” is equal to the character’s Gobbiebag capacity and can expand along with it. In order to utilize the bonus, it will be necessary for the customer’s PlayOnline ID to be linked to a Square Enix Account.
Square Enix Account

Registration Launch: - April 7, 2009 (Mon)
Registration Location: - Square Enix website
Compatible Services (Initial): - FINAL FANTASY XI, PlayOnline

Square Enix Security Token

Release Date: - April 7, 2009 (Mon)
Price: - $9.99(Includes tax and shipping)
Where to Purchase: - Available for purchase via the PlayOnline Viewer
Bonus with Purchase: - The ”Mog Satchel” will be included as an in-game bonus for FINAL FANTASY XI players who purchase a security token(*1). The “Mog Satchel” will provide up to 80 additional inventory slots and can be accessed anywhere whether the player is in the Mog House or out adventuring in Vana’diel®. (*2)

*1 It is required for the PlayOnline ID to be linked to the Square Enix Account that has a security token associated.
*2 The space provided by the Mog Satchel is equal to the character’s Gobbiebag capacity.
 Ragnarok.Jammie
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jammie
By Ragnarok.Jammie 2009-03-31 04:26:53  
Was just about to post it.

80 additional inv spaces accessable in the field? (Btw, confirming an additional 10 spaces next update).
That is total sweetness, seriously... That alone would make me buy the token.

Also $9,99 including shipping and tax. That is very very reasonable for the token.

Well done SE.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-31 04:28:08  
omg, this *** thing better be available without buying the security token, or I'm gonna be one mega *** pissed off hume
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-31 04:29:51  
Jammie said:
Was just about to post it.

80 additional inv spaces accessable in the field? (Btw, confirming an additional 10 spaces next update).
That is total sweetness, seriously... That alone would make me buy the token.

Also $9,99 including shipping and tax. That is very very reasonable for the token.

Well done SE.

I'm very tempted to buy one, but my account's used by like 3 other people XD (bad bad satan bad!) and I don't wanna not have access to their accounts or vice versa because they don't have tags or something >.>

Quote:
players can then assign the token to their PlayOnline ID(s).

This makes me think I could assign it to all 4 ID's on my member list assuming they had tags >.> but they'd need tags in order to get on my/their accounts aswell, right? >.>
 Hades.Kvazz
サーバ: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-03-31 04:33:22  
wow holy ***... this is like.. a dream come true ;_;
not only do we get the risc of beeing hacked allmost nullified, but we allso get 80 slots extra ingame... YES PLEASE!
 Remora.Hatcher
サーバ: Remora
user: hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-03-31 04:33:40  
Blazza said:
omg, this *** thing better be available without buying the security token, or I'm gonna be one mega *** pissed off hume

The reason they are introducing the mog satchel is to make it so that everyone takes up their new security feature.

Obviously that sat around asking themselves How they can make this attractive. This will make things like farming yag necks less of a chore lol
 Ragnarok.Jammie
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jammie
By Ragnarok.Jammie 2009-03-31 04:37:28  
Blazza said:

I'm pretty sure it won't be available without the token. This is SE's way to make sure almost everyone will get this.
There is NO ONE in this game that wouldn't commit murder for an additional 80 inv slots.*

I suppose it's nasty SE makes the, possibly the longest, most begged for, most wanted update to the game available only combined with the purchase of this token, but they just wanna make sure as much people buy it as possible.

They had the royal flush in their hands all this time, feeding us crap about PS2 not being able to handle more inv slots, but now they went all in. And they won.

* Slight exaggeration for the sake of argument
 Unicorn.Finn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Finn
By Unicorn.Finn 2009-03-31 04:37:56  
WIN WIN WIN!!!!
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-31 04:41:50  
Meh, it's *** beyond recognition imo, especially since I also have Hitetsu's problem of multiple people (in different states and countries) that need to access my account at times if I'm not around. Not happy.
 Remora.Hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-03-31 04:53:04  
Blazza said:
Meh, it's *** beyond recognition imo, especially since I also have Hitetsu's problem of multiple people (in different states and countries) that need to access my account at times if I'm not around. Not happy.

Perhaps they will release the inventory addition to everyone later on, but I for one would be mighty pissed off as I am only gonna do this for the inventory addition.

One Issue i have seen with these security usb keys is when they break, then your locked out of your own account until replaced >.>
 Pandemonium.Ataxia
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ataxia
By Pandemonium.Ataxia 2009-03-31 04:54:04  
Do you have to use it if you buy it? Seems like you should be able to disable it if you wanted to.
 Valefor.Ghuda
サーバ: Valefor
user: Ghuda
By Valefor.Ghuda 2009-03-31 05:02:53  
Meh im in two minds. The extra space would be very handy BUT

I dont like how you have to buy the token to get it and then if i do happen to somehow break it, im locked out until i can get a replacement sent from the States to Australia.
 Remora.Hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-03-31 05:07:30  
Ataxia said:
Do you have to use it if you buy it? Seems like you should be able to disable it if you wanted to.

Be nice if you don't have to, but i would suspect that assigning it to your account releases the mog satchel, be great if you could disable it and still have access to the in game content. That would solve the problem for those with multiple account/people use as well.
 Bahamut.Kelia
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-03-31 05:22:56  
Wasn't gonna buy one but nao.... totally am.
 Ramuh.Scarmiglione
サーバ: Ramuh
user: afranko22
By Ramuh.Scarmiglione 2009-03-31 05:37:49  
lmao i read the first post before looking at the official notice. Completely thought it was a pre-April fool's joke haha. Wonder how many people will sell the codes for the Mog Satchel in-game to people too lazy to buy it, assuming you can register the Mog Satchel and the security item seperately based on past items and their item code.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-31 05:38:29  
Well, I wasn't going to buy this. Can't say I'm so sure about that now, though! :p
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-31 05:40:11  
Scarmiglione said:
lmao i read the first post before looking at the official notice. Completely thought it was a pre-April fool's joke haha. Wonder how many people will sell the codes for the Mog Satchel in-game to people too lazy to buy it, assuming you can register the Mog Satchel and the security item seperately based on past items and their item code.

If it turns out to be that's how it works.. I'm totally buying one, registering it to a different account, and whoring the code for my own account >.>

Wonder how long we'll be able to get this satchel for if we don't buy the token right away.. (Most things like this they offer on a 'Pre-Order onry!' basis from what I remember ><)
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-31 05:42:41  
I wonder how the satchel will work....

Will it be a game item (meaning you are trading 1 inventory spot for 80?

Or will it be like a secondary item slot, kindof like how to equip PUP?
 Hades.Kikha
サーバ: Hades
user:
By Hades.Kikha 2009-03-31 05:49:30
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Wow..

I..

Wow. I figured it would just be some MH furnish item - I can't believe it's actually something worthwhile (and by worthwhile I mean HOLY ***). I was going to get the token eitherway but this just makes it even better.
 Ramuh.Scarmiglione
サーバ: Ramuh
user: afranko22
By Ramuh.Scarmiglione 2009-03-31 05:54:25  
Maybe SE finally decided to give us something more useful than those gimmick toys from earlier or a furniture piece. Have to commend their effort atleast, this shows they are trying and not just screwing around with us.
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-03-31 05:56:33  
i hope its like the pup >:O but i just want that extra 80 spaces! Ha no more Droping crystals and almonds just so i can swap my gear from Mnk to Rdm
 Asura.Reublucian
サーバ: Asura
user:
By Asura.Reublucian 2009-03-31 05:57:55

Definitely buying one.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 05:58:59

Do we have to remember our first password?
I have mine on auto, I can't remember it ; ;
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-03-31 06:02:52  
You
Haseyo said:
Do we have to remember our first password?
I have mine on auto, I can't remember it ; ;

You can call them up, and they can reset your PW for you,

you just need

Name, adress, Credit card number, Your b-day, and the Regrestry code on the back of the Manual, that you used to Regrrester FFXI all them years ago (took me like 10 mins to find mine! lucky it wasnt TO Damp from the leak in my trunk >.>; lol...)

oh yea and you need to give them your SSN, and life saveings!
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-03-31 06:05:21

Dewd I've already went through the hell of losing my password once.
I really, really don't want to call them up again.
I still have the stupid anime girl~operator~automessage~lisp stuck in my head for waiting 3+ hours on the phone trying to reach them. /cry

I would have it, then my computer randomly crashed with my PoL info on it (the day I got a new flash drive too, about to back it alllll up). ***luck >.<
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-31 06:06:24  
Hmmm... What an amazingly cheap shot. But bravo SE, i'm certainly gonna buy one. Though that does raise an interesting point; if it does break or stop working, we're stuck out of game until it works again or a new one is sent? I think I may investigate.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2009-03-31 06:10:52  
Square Enix said:
The “Mog Satchel” provides additional inventory space and benefits all characters on the PlayOnline account(s)..

Does this mean, its like a mule option? or a mule content ID? Maybe its just really really early for me. lol
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-03-31 06:13:33  
aparently wow had these things and they werent syncing right so bunch of peeps were locked out of acounts. also what happens for someone who plays from 2 diff systems?
 Alexander.Docstu
サーバ: Alexander
user: Docstu
By Alexander.Docstu 2009-03-31 06:17:01  
From what people are posting, it seems the Mog Satchel mimics your current inventory capacity for all characters.

For example, if your main has 80 inventory slots, the satchel would have 80 slots. If your mule had only 30 inventory slots however, the satchel would only have 30 slots.

That's just based on what I've seen and read thus far, and will be realized within a week or so with the update. XD
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8