フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » Guild point items [Cooking]
Guild point items [Cooking]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-30 16:31:50  
Ok I'm leveling up cooking and I wanna know some suggestions from vet cooks of what key item/item to get first with guild points?

Currently 48 cooking atm
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-03-30 16:34:59  
I got Raw Fish Handling, in fact it's the only key item I have >.>

TBH, I've not really done the whole "Guild Points" thing yet XD

Only advice I could give is to start early, higher up you go the more annoying it is..
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-03-30 16:36:42  
The big cost item is the apron (unless you really want to do the furnature items>.>;), I'd start building your GPs with that goal in mind. If you decide later that you really don't want/need the extra +1 skill then you can always get your key items with the extra GPs.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-03-30 17:11:04  
Ditto Raw Fish Handling, like Hitetsu, it's the only one I have as well. You've got a while before you'll really need it, but better to bang it out early. The other items are good, too, but I'm waiting on them until I can regularly HQ3 G.P. items and save myself some gil/point.
 Caitsith.Unafae
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Unafae
By Caitsith.Unafae 2009-03-30 17:17:26  
I have the fish and the noodle for making carbonara or however its spelled lol I have the patissier too cuz Im a mage and like that sweet foods. Just depends on what u want to make really. If ur cooking for urself or profit. I needed both as my hubby is a DD and I'm a mage. I have my hat and working on my apron atm need about 40k more in points /sigh sucks lol
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-30 17:46:06  
cool thx
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 13:09:34  
patissier > raw fish handling > chef ring > noodle kneading

do it in this order because the muffins can help you skill up to the point where you can then do sushi.

ring before noodle kneading because you don't wanna HQ your cheese/jerky.

i'd also recommend leveling ninja for the hocho. don't worry too much about the hat/apron/furniture till you are in your high 80's unless you plan on HQing low level things like mithkabobs/fishkabobs.
 Odin.Moondaddy
サーバ: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-04-18 13:15:20  
on a side note, with raw fish handling unless you wanna pay for the fish needed get to lvling fishing too. oh and be prepared to be board out of your mind skillin fishing >.<
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 13:17:33  
fishing isn't that bad. you just need to have a good LS to talk to and a buddy to fish with.

actually scratch that patissier atm, you're high enough that you wont be skilling off muffins for long. get fish handling, then the ring, then noodle kneading.
 Odin.Moondaddy
サーバ: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2009-04-18 14:00:22  
meh i usually fish with my brother, and bs with my ls while i fish but damn standing in one spot for hrs on end just gets old when all you see is like .3 skill up the hole time your there

edit: well skillin on a ferry and mpkin rmt's does help the time go by a little faster^^
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-04-18 14:04:06  
only .3 for how long of fishing? might wanna check this out: http://www.finalfishing.info/Guide.aspx

it's got a lot of info on where to skill you up the fastest.