New Items
users online
TE
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-05-15 15:15:21  
thiss has been happening to me alot lately. cap out azure for fell cleaving, cap pearle. and after like 13 cleaves we got 1 TE. is there some sort of other contributing factor that makes TEs drop? i heard ruby light helped but that hasnt done anything
 Shiva.Pheare
サーバ: Shiva
user: pheared
By Shiva.Pheare 2011-05-15 15:20:48  
I typically avoid ruby light. red chests won't give you TE. Just cap azure and cap pearl(and amber if KI cleaving) and hope for the best.

It seems really random at times, I could go an hour cleaving without TE and then get 5 in one pull.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-05-15 15:24:22  
It sounds like bad luck, cap azure, cap pearl and then cleave until you have decent time built up, after cap amber and then cleave again.
 Phoenix.Fondue
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-15 15:27:31  
pretty gay when multiple people are cleaving in a zone too, I was killing whole camps of mobs lastnight per pull and getting 1 or 2 boxes TOTAL with capped lights, other times as many chests as expected

max number of boxes in a zone was a turrible idea
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-05-15 15:29:08  
Phoenix.Fondue said:
pretty gay when multiple people are cleaving in a zone too, I was killing whole camps of mobs lastnight per pull and getting 1 or 2 boxes TOTAL with capped lights, other times as many chests as expected

That's the first time I've heard someone say that there is a max on the number of boxes.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-05-15 15:31:08  
Cerberus.Tidis said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:

That's the first time I've heard someone say that there is a max on the number of boxes.

Same here, but it makes sense. Zones can only handle a certain number of NPCs and such.
 Gilgamesh.Lunatone
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Lunatone
By Gilgamesh.Lunatone 2011-05-15 15:31:28  
but i mean 13 cleves in a row? im not talkin baby cleaves either, normally when we do we go to aby tahronngi Couerl camp pull all of them + scorps. 13 times we didnt get a single TE. were @ like 220 pearle and 255 azure
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-05-15 15:33:44  
random number generator is random etc
[+]
 Bahamut.Alukat
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-05-15 15:48:40  
i was doing trials in ulegerand as bst solo.
entered with 120 min, got 96 azure from red chest.then build pearl.
after 4 hours i was still sitting on 50 minutes.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-15 15:48:55  
There are a max number of boxes per zone. It happens ALL the time to me when I'm AoEing stuff on BLU. When there's a low number of people in the zone, every mob will pop a box (or close to). When there's 100ish in the zone, I'll be lucky to get 3 boxes per whisker. It happens because people aren't opening the boxes fast enough and therefore they aren't depopping. It also helps if you wait until the boxes you popped depop, and then AoE the mobs right after. All the boxes that just depopped will now pop for you again. Usually though, if you start getting 1-3 boxes per AoE, you're better off taking the mobs to low hp and killing them one by one instead of at the same time.

@OP, if the number of chests are not an issue, you either need to kill mobs that don't give ruby, pull more mobs, or level BLU. You shouldn't have any trouble getting TE's with capped ruby, but it will lower your chances, hence why BLU is a much better TE farmer.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-15 16:34:07  
Cerberus.Tidis said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:

48 per zone, been known since Visions was released.
[+]
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-05-15 16:58:21  
I solo TE's on BLM Manawall Stoneskin Phalanx pretty much covors what I do and just Blizzaga III to sleepga. You get convert and temps but the only problem is needing Bene boxes to keep it going. Depending on zone is what mob I do normally In Abyssea - Mis I do crabs for TE on BLM, in Abyssea - Vunk I do bats/puks. Abyssea - Attowha I do Chigoes like the rest but incase Fell-cleaves are going just do worms and kill em quick. Abyssea - La thian I do Puks very good on TE's. Abyssea - Kons I would guess puddings to be the best for BLM's. Abyssea - Tahrongi the best I've seen for BLM solo'ing time would be Gnats only do them though if they are low level and watch out for Adze. Abyssea - Ule I would do solo would be worms after capping lights they die quick. Abyssea - Grauberg not to sure about could use some help on this myself not in that zone to much tbh. Lastly Abyssea - Altepe my fav would be the mandies super easy Stoneskin phalanx and just aggro all the mandies yourself just watch out for the cactus he can be mean but can deaggro np if you do aggro him.

Happy Hunting, TRC.