users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Feet Farming - Vunkerl
Feet Farming - Vunkerl
 Valefor.Omerta
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2011-05-15 02:53:37  
Any advice to farming feets? I been in a few parties, got a few feet, but not Ninja, i know thats bad luck but ive gone out solo on BLU and got loads of gold, just no *** ninja feet >.< any particular way to do it?

I go in, kill some ephemerals, cap Azure @ 255, then work on pearl as much as poss, and then get azure to around 86-102.

Am i just unlucky?
 Asura.Sangunius
サーバ: Asura
user: Sangunius
By Asura.Sangunius 2011-05-15 03:07:28  
Ninja doesn't exist. Go there without the intention of getting them is all I can say.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-05-15 03:10:32  
Asura.Sangunius said:
Ninja doesn't exist. Go there without the intention of getting them is all I can say.

I've seen more Ninja feet than any other when trying to get my Dancer shoes. I have every other set that drop in that zone, but after months of trying have given up on getting my toeshoes.
 Asura.Xenophire
サーバ: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-05-15 03:12:08  
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Asura.Sangunius said:

I've seen more Ninja feet than any other when trying to get my Dancer shoes. I have every other set that drop in that zone, but after months of trying have given up on getting my toeshoes.
We had a person in our Linkshell that went a month without seeing them drop. Lol.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2011-05-15 03:14:02  
Yeah I saw 6 pup, 6 *** PUP, I even GM'd to ask if it was borked! Was it pup onry??
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-05-15 03:19:45  
Amber 56 seems to be the best for me personally. Since you have BLU, the best method is to go /rdm with phalanx and round up all the taurus mobs. They're MNKs so they will hit for 0 as long as you have a decent -pdt build. Whirl of Rage > Charged Whisker and repeat until you get them.

FYI you don't need to farm lights on BLU really. It's easier just to AoE mobs and open red chests for lights.

Another tip is the feet tend to drop from the small chests much more than the big ones from my experience, hence amber 56.
 Valefor.Omerta
By Valefor.Omerta 2011-05-15 06:53:48  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Amber 56 seems to be the best for me personally. Since you have BLU, the best method is to go /rdm with phalanx and round up all the taurus mobs. They're MNKs so they will hit for 0 as long as you have a decent -pdt build. Whirl of Rage > Charged Whisker and repeat until you get them.

FYI you don't need to farm lights on BLU really. It's easier just to AoE mobs and open red chests for lights.

Another tip is the feet tend to drop from the small chests much more than the big ones from my experience, hence amber 56.

Havent tried this method, thanks, shall give it a go :)
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-05-15 09:04:41  
Valefor.Omerta said:
Any advice to farming feets? I been in a few parties, got a few feet, but not Ninja, i know thats bad luck but ive gone out solo on BLU and got loads of gold, just no *** ninja feet >.< any particular way to do it?

I go in, kill some ephemerals, cap Azure @ 255, then work on pearl as much as poss, and then get azure to around 86-102.

Am i just unlucky?

not unlucky... NIN don't exist
farming for them forever... only seen them 2x in a 15+ man alliance party back at lv 80->85 and had crap lots... when with ppl i know that will let me win them its all pup onry
 Shiva.Msthief
サーバ: Shiva
user: Msthief
By Shiva.Msthief 2011-05-16 03:20:27  
I just wanted to say that actually going to a zone in order to farm a specific feet piece is foolish. I've gotten all of my feet from just farming the crap out of zones and getting "lucky".

So... I'd recommend that you just do some Durinn/Bukhis/Sedna runs with people you know will let you have them. Have you done this? Do it again. I can see you have several 90 jobs, keep on farming nm's until you get every last piece you could ever want from the zone.
By Biglen 2011-05-20 11:21:14  
I have to agree with Msthief first off cause she's my Alexander friend and second cause I did it myself last night. . . .

Me and my brother Thajuggernaut went to Vunk to farm my summoner feet the only feet I have yet to see in this godforsaken area. We started at flux 01 and killed the Ameobeos to cap the az lights, and then went and ambered the caterpillars for 2+ hours after his wife came as redmage. I was thief for pulls and amber and he was blu for az and major dmg. We didn't pay attention to a pull and wiped and he accidentally home pointed and I was determined to get the feet so I continued soloing for another hour and a half. In the beginning we capped AZ and Amber light. By 2 am I had Pearl capped, along with Ruby cause I just didn't care and Gold was half way as well. I still recieved big, little gold chest, and red, and blue and got every feet under the sun but summoner. . . . . Now I have all the KI and Diamond Aug rings to choke a large buffalo. This crap is competely random in my opinon. But I seem to be unlucky at times probably go tonight and get it on the first drop with no lights and call it night!!
 Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-05-20 11:27:41  
Bismarck.Helel said:

I agree with this..56-100 or so should be enuf to keep you under the giant chests lvl. Once u hit giant chests your drop rate goes way down on feet but u get alot of KI's if thats of any importance to you also. And temp items...tons of those. IDK why they dont put those in the blue box's with the rest of the temp's... /shrug
By Ravenlokk 2011-05-20 11:38:07  
I was recently doing a couple OA2-4 weapons, primarily in vunkerl whenever i could (my mule needed COR Base-Feet for epic brewbuild) i killed 4000+ monsters by cleaving before i finally got them (on the final kill-trial.. lol). Probably got like 20 feet, but didnt get cor till the very end.