フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » BRD Spellcast
BRD Spellcast
 Unicorn.Tessy
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-05-12 16:19:53  
Hi guys and Girls,

After boxing with multiple BRD spellcasters, I finally gave up and took some what an easy one. But against mu suprise this one also screws me over, it dosen't change to the right instrument according to songs, and yes I checked it and it dosen't swap on certain songs as Ballad, Paeon,. The SC worsk loads fine, never got any fault msg so far, but annoying it dosen't swap according to right.

I upgraded it to 2.30 (was orginal from v 2.18) and I have 2.40, so hope this should work on my version right?

And again if anyone have time and can look this SC over for me, and help me upgrade it with the Stoneskin, Blink, sneak, invis, ninja rules I would be most happy Thank you

BRD
PS anyone knows how I can get a script for windower so I can skillup my singing while seeking pt or something. (meaning none afk at all when doing it) Just annoying to do it manual all songs, easier if a repete ting. I tryed the once on windower site, i never got it to work as it should. When it comes to write such tings, where to put it, well not the sharpest in the world :P
 Unicorn.Tessy
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tessy
By Unicorn.Tessy 2011-05-13 02:11:21  
Bump, still need some help on this please. Thank you

I tryed some more last night, even tough I am sure the equip lines for each instrument on each song is right, it seems like it dosen't equip the right instrument to right song. Also an notice, thinks the songs last very short duration time.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [144 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Sidical
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sidical
By Cerberus.Sidical 2011-10-04 06:43:53  
I am not sure what is wrong. This is my first time using spellcast. I have basically been teaching myself through trial and error. I used someone else's file and replaced the gears with my own. I think the error lies somewhere in here because its the only part that is highlighted yellow on notepad++. Thanks for the help.

<?xml version="2.45" ?>
<spellcast>
<config Debug="False"/>
<variables>
<var name="IceStaff">Aquilo's Staff</var>
<var name="DarkStaff">Pluto's Staff</var>
<var name="ThunderStaff">Jupiter's Staff</var>
<var name="WindStaff">Auster's Staff</var>
<var name="FireStaff">Vulcan's Staff</var>
<var name="EarthStaff">Terra's Staff</var>
<var name="LightStaff">Apollo's Staff</var>
<var name="WaterStaff">Neptune's Staff</var>
<var name="IceGrip">Quire grip</var>
<var name="DarkGrip">Quire grip</var>
<var name="ThunderGrip">Quire grip</var>
<var name="WindGrip">Quire grip</var>
<var name="FireGrip">Quire grip</var>
<var name="EarthGrip">Quire grip</var>
<var name="LightGrip">Quire grip</var>
<var name="WaterGrip">Quire grip</var>
</variables>
<sets>
<group name="SUB WHM" default="yes">
<set name="idle">
<main>Terra's Staff</main>
<?xml version="2.45" ?>
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: xMitosisx
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2011-10-04 07:03:21  
Could you pastebin the entire thing? What kind of problem are you having? Getting any specific errors?
 Cerberus.Sidical
By Cerberus.Sidical 2011-10-04 07:07:11  
Actually I noticed it was telling me exactly which lines I had errors on. I missed adding a "/" to one line and had a double "<<" on another. Works now! Just need to continue to tweak it.
 Cerberus.Sidical
By Cerberus.Sidical 2011-10-04 07:09:13  
Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis said: »
Could you pastebin the entire thing? What kind of problem are you having? Getting any specific errors?

I could probably do the pastebin thing but that is another thing I would have to figure out how to use. I can try to do that tomorrow if you wanted to see what I have done so far. Thanks!
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2011-10-04 07:10:16  
Glad you got it working, but in the future please post a bit more information about your problem so people can better assist you. I would have gladly helped, but I needed to know what was wrong, and see the entire spellcast.

If you ever need help/advise for spellcast look me up. I'm certainly no spellcast master, but I enjoy working with it =]
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2011-10-04 07:11:53  
Cerberus.Sidical said: »

I could probably do the pastebin thing but that is another thing I would have to figure out how to use. I can try to do that tomorrow if you wanted to see what I have done so far. Thanks!
Pastebin.com is super easy to use. You just go to the site, copy-paste your entire spellcast, and click the submit button at the bottom. You then simply post the URL of the page that pops up with your spellcast in it here on the forums.
 Cerberus.Sidical
By Cerberus.Sidical 2011-10-04 12:14:08  
Well here it is. Was super tired when I finished so waited until this morning to paste. Not a finished product yet.

http://pastebin.com/tyV27jv8
 Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis
By Quetzalcoatl.Mitosis 2011-10-04 16:31:04  

I have to go to work soon, will look over it more when I get home. But just glancing at it, I noticed you have two variable sections. I've never seen this done before. I'm unsure if it'll work properly or not. May I suggest that you combine the two into one variable section? Instead of the above, it'll look like:

Actually, as I looked back at it a little closer, they are the exact same variables, and you should take one of the variable sections out.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sidical
By Cerberus.Sidical 2011-10-05 12:01:17  

I have to go to work soon, will look over it more when I get home. But just glancing at it, I noticed you have two variable sections. I've never seen this done before. I'm unsure if it'll work properly or not. May I suggest that you combine the two into one variable section? Instead of the above, it'll look like:

Actually, as I looked back at it a little closer, they are the exact same variables, and you should take one of the variable sections out.

Okay I thought it looked like I some how duplicated the entire thing twice. I am not sure how I did it but I will definately remove basically half of what I have in there. I could have sworn this thing was around 300 lines when I copied it but when I finished I ended with about 600 lines. >.< It works though LOL. Thanks btw!
 Cerberus.Sidical
By Cerberus.Sidical 2011-10-05 12:19:43  
Okay here it is with out the duplicated info. Much easier to manage now haha.

http://pastebin.com/GmKB3eB5
 Phoenix.Knumskull
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Knumskull
By Phoenix.Knumskull 2011-10-06 00:36:51  
Does any one have a good xml for /nin or /dnc meeling?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [235 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Izilder
サーバ: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2012-05-28 05:54:45  
anyone have a SC for ghorn that handles all precast gears etc?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-28 13:48:46  
http://pastebin.com/6LpzhP43

This is my alt's brd xml. It has support for Daurdabla, Pianissimo, Minstrel's ring, melee and the new nightingale changes(as long as you are 5/5). All instruments are variables and while my alt has Gjallarhorn, it doesn't require any special set up other than simply setting all varables to "Gjallarhorn" which is already done.

If you need any instructions on how to use this xml just ask as it wasn't designed for other people.
 Asura.Izilder
サーバ: Asura
user: Izildur
By Asura.Izilder 2012-05-28 14:14:09  
Thanks :) will see what i can do with it and fire any questions to you later,