フォーラム » FFXI » General » Chocobo raising
Chocobo raising
 Remora.Rhaag
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: Rhaag
By Remora.Rhaag 2009-03-29 16:59:12  
Hey!
I whanna breed a black chocobo, can someone give me some tip ?!
And if you are on Remora i whould really apretiate if you could spare me a [M] or [F] card or i can buy from you.

thanks
 Shiva.Whitejune
サーバ: Shiva
user: Whitejune
By Shiva.Whitejune 2009-03-30 10:00:31  
I have a black chocobo, tho i am sorry i have no idea how i got it. just gave vomp carrots and some kind of greens every day. I do remember bying the egg on darksday. I remember becouse i had to go there every vanadiel day till the little girl in jeuno sold it to me.

I do remember reading something that chocobo colour doesn't come from parents only certain abilities and that's not even 100% that the offspring gets the ability.
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-03-30 10:12:27  
I'm going to place my vote on it being completely random outside of breeding.
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-30 10:20:55  
Actually... The color of the parents does affect it. And I believe the rate of getting a black is also higher if you focus on physical stats over mental until it's an adolescent. (Vomps and walks.)

Also.. If you're not breeding the chocos to get an egg, the ones from the ISNM's have a higher chance of being a color'd chocobo (though random for which color) than the eggs bought from the vendor.
 Diabolos.Aphy
サーバ: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-03-30 11:13:46
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

NOPE listen I did tests and studies on my friend and myself with chocobo color and here is what I came up with in my findings:

Chocobo color is based on two things, color of parents and stats of the baby chocobo. Essentially your stats will determine your color if you didn't breed it with two of the same color chocobo.

Breed black + black = black chocobo
Breed black + red (or any other color) = Stats
Bought egg or isnm egg = Stats

This is the stage RIGHT before the chocobo turns adolesence
Example:
lv 3+ STR PLUS lv 3+ affection = black chocobo
lv 2-3+ END PLUS lv 2+ affection = blue chocobo
lv 2-3+ DSC PLUS lv 2+ affection = red chocobo
lv 3+ RES PLUS lv 3+ affection = green chocobo

"Why is my chocobo blu when I had everything there to make a black?"
having lv 3 STR and lv 3 END affects the color of your chocobo. Essentially it now comes down to your affection. If you have lv 3 affection it will be black, if you have lv 2 affection it will be blue.

Same applies with the green and red.

Color does not affect your ability to race more efficiently or have luckier digs, its just there for looks. ^^ Test my theory, I bet it will work for you!

If you want a black chocobo and you want to buy the egg or you got two mismatched chocobo's my advise is to set your chocobo on a strick walking plan and feed it vomp carrots only. Take the little chick for walks everytime you can and you should reach the lv 3 affection and STR no problem. ^^ Good luck!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-30 11:49:25  
Which... Is pretty much exactly what I said... Except I left out the affection. :P
 Remora.Rhaag
By Remora.Rhaag 2009-03-30 14:31:23  
I feed my chocobo whit 2 vomps and 1 green everyday and walked the litte girl very often. Befor the second stage the STR was substandard i think and affection was "regards you as parent"

What is lvl 3 ? are substandard lvl 2 ?

so i don't understand why it turned out to be a yellow one.
I really don't whanna give up on this chocobo but i really whant a black one.

So do anyone have black chocobo card ?!
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-30 14:44:41  
Any chocobo from an egg that isn't bred from colored parents has a chance of being a yellow one, and a higher chance if it isn't from an ISNM. The stats and affection won't have any bearing on the chocobo if it is predetermined to be yellow from what I know. The stats only have an affect on the chocobo if it is going to be a colored one from the start.
 Remora.Rhaag
By Remora.Rhaag 2009-03-30 14:50:57  
So Tbest what you say is that the stats that are inherited are the ones that decides what color it's gonna be. so i technicaly can't affect the chocobos color whit food and care ?
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-03-30 15:05:09  
Not exactly.

If the chocobo is from an egg that is 'not' acquired from breeding then there's a large chance that the chocobo is predetermined to be yellow. If that is the case, no level of stats or affection will change it from being yellow to being another color.

If your chocobo is from an egg and is NOT predetermined to be yellow, then the care you give it as well as the food you feed it will affect the final color of the chocobo in line with Aphy's tests. STR/END/DSC/REC all affect the color along with affection, but only if it's not predetermined to be yellow. It is easiest to ensure the color of the offspring by breeding together two chocobos of the same color as the desired offspring's color.

In other words... If you want a black choco, the easiest way to get one is to breed two black parents together. Breeding also has other benefits like inheriting abilities of the parents as well as either starting a stat higher or having it increase at a faster rate.
 Remora.Rhaag
By Remora.Rhaag 2009-03-30 16:15:27  
Okey now i get it! you are the best lol
Like i said i have a chocobo that just turned into the second stage but it's not black :P so i have to breed another one :(

I have looked everywhear for someone to buy chocobocard from but no one has it, have shout in jeuno and the other nations whit out luck, so if someone have and play on Remora plzz tel!