users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » FFIII for iPad
FFIII for iPad
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2011-05-11 11:43:40  
So I picked this up and started playing. It's been a long, long time since I first played this. I don't even remember if it was for SNES or NES, but they changed some things around.

For example you can start the game by choosing between Monk, White Mage, Black Mage, Warrior, or Red Mage.

Then later in the game you "unlock" new jobs: Ranger, Knight, Theif, Scholar, and Geomancer.

I'm currently off the floating continent and on the main land, and am at the golden palace, and am noticing the game has now unlocked 5 new jobs: Dragoon, Viking, Dark Knight, Evoker, and Bard.

I'm pretty sure all these advanced jobs were not in the original FFIII game, but it has been pretty fun to see them.

Looks like there is room for 5 more job slots so I'll for sure keep folks posted what they are. Maybe this is some insight into what SE has planned for other FF games.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-05-11 11:45:55  
Those jobs were in the original FF3 actually :) In fact, Scholar is basically necessary for one of the bosses.

You may be confusing it with FF1 which did not have those jobs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2011-05-11 11:49:42  
Asura.Dameshi said:
Those jobs were in the original FF3 actually :) In fact, Scholar is basically necessary for one of the bosses. You may be confusing it with FF1 which did not have those jobs.

ah I did have it confused then.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-05-11 11:51:55  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Those jobs sound like FFV.

FFV's system is like a superior version of III's system.
 Ramuh.Leif
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-05-11 11:52:25  
Last set of jobs spoiler.
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2011-05-11 11:54:04  
wow its 15$ for my itouch.

prolly wont be buying that but nifty idea.

Ive got song of mana that Ive not finished yet but 9$! :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2011-05-11 11:54:49  
Ramuh.Leif said:
Last set of jobs spoiler.

so i'm confused as to where to grind then. seems like when i've thouroghly grinded one job, they release better ones, so back to the drawing board. those last job unlocks look pretty sweet though.

souleater on DRK is pretty cool though
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2011-05-11 11:57:12  
Kujata.Daus said:
wow its 15$ for my itouch. prolly wont be buying that but nifty idea. Ive got song of mana that Ive not finished yet but 9$! :D

yeah the main complaint is those that bought it for itouch/iphone and to pay another $15 for the HD iPad version. but yeah, I resisted at first, but then you can only play so much Angry Birds and Gunner Galaxies before getting burned out. Been worth the money so far though. They did a nice job with the UI conversion.