フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis - Nothing drops
Dynamis - Nothing drops
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2011-05-13 10:49:59  
We went in on iceday last night Tuv, and ***did suck, I can attest to that. The night before we went in on fire/earth/dark and was able to proc a shitload of mobs with voke/bountyhunter/evis/asuran fists/DE etc. Ice day same WS/JA etc...nothing. Although I did get my d.chap and my friends AA^^
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-13 10:53:58  
Oh my >_o that doesnt hold much home... lesse how long till firesday.. 4ish hours right? Wonder if id be better waiting till after limbus then. Anyone tried DRG out on ice/lightnings day? All the dark/fire/earthday procs dont appear to be anything to do with DRG so far.
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-13 11:13:48  
Alright guys! Last night I entered Beaucedine on Firsday with a group of LS members to help me with the attestation of accuracy, and do a PLD's aegis upgrade... I pulled a few Hydra MNK/THF/NINs, my results were: as long as I did the first action I could ALWAYS red proc with /DNC.

This should rule out that the day means anything(for /DNC JA/Red procs), It seems a lot like it just has to deal with who pulls/does the first action. Even the PLD was able to proc a lot on the mages using Holy/Banish if he did the first action.

Also....! {Attestation of Accuracy}{Found it!} WOOOT!! Annihilator in 3 days!! /hurray!
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-13 11:18:01  
I'll add yet another confermation to that ice dayish sucks...

Only killed 11 mobs because I did a run around of the zone seeing what mob placement was like + died at one point and was trying everything i could for staggers....

4 thfs
3 whms
2 mnks
1 war
1 rdm

and not one proc, was trying stutter, box and quick step, animated, desprate and violent flourish, ele ni wheel (a couple times ichi as well), kurayami ni, hojo ni, jabuku, yurin and aisha on all mobs (regardless of job) as well as screwing with different WSs. Did't get a stagger on any of them (though for thw whms and rdm i coould not land hojo because they were hasted). Perhaps mob race is also a factor, this was in windy so all yagudo, if it was strictly by puller and day then i should have been able to hit something on the mage jobs, unless it's affected by type of spells as well (ninjitsu, black magic etc). Anyways theres some more info into the fire.
 Bismarck.Aena
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-13 11:19:31  
All right!

I'mma just go in as soon as I get this stuff done then and try ice/thundersday, do you know if it procced closer to when the monster used a JA? Someone suggests it may just have a % chance to stagger if you use the right type of move, with higher chances around monster 2hours (meaning I was uber unlucky).

But you were already fighting on Firesday in the video you uploaded, what time Darksday did you start on that run? Hopefully day is irrelevant, though. :D
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-13 11:23:51  
Odin.Upbeat said:
Alright guys! Last night I entered Beaucedine on Firsday with a group of LS members to help me with the attestation of accuracy, and do a PLD's aegis upgrade... I pulled a few Hydra MNK/THF/NINs, my results were: as long as I did the first action I could ALWAYS red proc with /DNC. This should rule out that the day means anything(for /DNC JA/Red procs), It seems a lot like it just has to deal with who pulls/does the first action. Even the PLD was able to proc a lot on the mages using Holy/Banish if he did the first action. Also....! {Attestation of Accuracy}{Found it!} WOOOT!! Annihilator in 3 days!! /hurray!

This is interesting... so you're saying that it has to be the first action taken on the mob to stagger? I was thinking about that as well towards the end of my time since in the video it was all aggro pulls, will give that a try as well tomorrow maybe. Do you know if its 24 hours to re-enter after you entered or after you exited? or a jp midnight reset?
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-13 11:26:55  
Bismarck.Aena said:
All right!
But you were already fighting on Firesday in the video you uploaded, what time Darksday did you start on that run? Hopefully day is irrelevant, though. :D
I never marked down the exact time I entered(next time I go in, if the system isn't figured out I will). I remember it being around 20:00ish when we went in last night so it could of even been the day after firesday before we started fighting, because I got all the TEs first.

I might take a break from dynamis till I get to the anni trials that require me to go back... Of if currency sky rockets up to 10k bynes 20k shells/pieces, I might have to farm if that happens.
 Bismarck.Aena
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-13 11:29:23  
As long as you weren't fighting on Firesday both runs, lol. With the stuff people have procced with, I'd hope it's irrelevant! Colors are still kind of a mystery... Is it even possible to proc two different colors on the same monster?
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-13 11:29:42  
Asura.Ina said:
Odin.Upbeat said:
Alright guys! Last night I entered Beaucedine on Firsday with a group of LS members to help me with the attestation of accuracy, and do a PLD's aegis upgrade... I pulled a few Hydra MNK/THF/NINs, my results were: as long as I did the first action I could ALWAYS red proc with /DNC. This should rule out that the day means anything(for /DNC JA/Red procs), It seems a lot like it just has to deal with who pulls/does the first action. Even the PLD was able to proc a lot on the mages using Holy/Banish if he did the first action. Also....! {Attestation of Accuracy}{Found it!} WOOOT!! Annihilator in 3 days!! /hurray!

This is interesting... so you're saying that it has to be the first action taken on the mob to stagger? I was thinking about that as well towards the end of my time since in the video it was all aggro pulls, will give that a try as well tomorrow maybe. Do you know if its 24 hours to re-enter after you entered or after you exited? or a jp midnight reset?

I'm saying if a PLD/WAR claims it first It's probably going to be Provoke and won't be steps/flourishes. If I NIN/DNC pulls first with Hojo: Ni or really anything as long as they get it claimed status first it'll probably be steps/flourishes, but not provoke.

It's JP midnight, not 24 hours.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2011-05-13 11:30:32  
Asura.Ina said:
Do you know if its 24 hours to re-enter after you entered or after you exited? or a jp midnight reset?

JP midnight

Edit:Damn beat to it. SOB!
サーバ: Siren
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-05-13 11:37:48  
Asura.Ina said:
Odin.Upbeat said:

midnight reset
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-13 11:40:34  
Odin.Upbeat said:
Asura.Ina said:
Odin.Upbeat said:
I'm saying if a PLD/WAR claims it first It's probably going to be Provoke and won't be steps/flourishes. If I NIN/DNC pulls first with Hojo: Ni or really anything as long as they get it claimed status first it'll probably be steps/flourishes, but not provoke. It's JP midnight, not 24 hours.

Something else deffinetly effects it in that case because as a solo nin/dnc i couldn't proc anything on anything while trying everything.
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-05-13 11:45:39  
BTW Interesting Note.
I apologize ahead of time if this was posted, too busy to scroll back through 13 pages to see if it was.

Last night my LS did Dyna-Tavnazia. Immediately afterwards, few of us went to Xarc to poke around and try to get some Triggers etc etc.

So the two hourglasses are NOT on the same time restriction.
If you wanted, you could do a Dreamlands, and an Original Zone back to back.

EDIT: By time restriction I mean, if you did the Dreamlands first, it won't effect any timer for the other zones and vice versa.

Kinda nice for people having bad drop rates, or if you're in an LS that still runs Dreamlands, you can get more out of just one day then usual.
 Bismarck.Aena
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-13 11:50:54  
Asura.Ina said:
Something else deffinetly effects it in that case because as a solo nin/dnc i couldn't proc anything on anything while trying everything.
Absolutely 0 procs so far, entered Lightningday solo, fought one THF and one NIN, even turned around to keep spamming steps/flourishes to prevent the monster from dying before giving up on each monster. Will keep trying. Next thief, I'll remember to keep some steps up to try Animated Flourish when it uses Perfect Dodge.

Are you sure that you didn't end up fighting stuff on Firesday twice?
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-13 11:57:14  
Odin.Upbeat said:
Alright guys! Last night I entered Beaucedine on Firsday with a group of LS members to help me with the attestation of accuracy, and do a PLD's aegis upgrade... I pulled a few Hydra MNK/THF/NINs, my results were: as long as I did the first action I could ALWAYS red proc with /DNC.

This should rule out that the day means anything(for /DNC JA/Red procs), It seems a lot like it just has to deal with who pulls/does the first action. Even the PLD was able to proc a lot on the mages using Holy/Banish if he did the first action.

Also....! {Attestation of Accuracy}{Found it!} WOOOT!! Annihilator in 3 days!! /hurray!

Well there must be another system for popped NMs then, as our DRG proc'd grellow in Windy on the SAM/RDM/BLM NM.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-13 11:58:36  
Same with the 0 procs. DRG/BLU with a WHM. Entered Iceday. Not a single proc on anything, using the idea of mob type effects proc >< Grr. Im never entering again unless its dark/fire/earthsday...
 Asura.Natenn
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-05-13 11:58:44  
Don't 100's have high drop rate off NMs? I read someones post on SE forum that NM have damn near if not 100% drop rate of HQ. Is this true? And are the drop rates for pops of the NMs bad or what?
 Bismarck.Aena
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-13 12:00:32  
Am currently nuking a BRD to death with no luck. :|
Edit: wait, you don't suppose my NIN is disqualified from being able to proc because it doesn't have its Mythic Weaponskill unlocked, do you (just has quested Blade: Ku)? Does everyone who's been able to proc have all their quested weapon skills besides Relic? Also, killed the BRD with all the spells I have from Ichi-San.

Fighting a RNG right now.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-13 12:06:59  
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
Same with the 0 procs. DRG/BLU with a WHM. Entered Iceday. Not a single proc on anything, using the idea of mob type effects proc >< Grr. Im never entering again unless its dark/fire/earthsday...

I'm tempted to go with this as well but if that becomes the norm we will never figure it out... Kinda like how people were suprised to learn some 6 months+ after WoE was releaced that you can stagger mobs in there but by that point no one really cared (I still havn't seen anything explaining what staggers in there do). Pritty much for every failed run thats one less thing for us to play with and though it will take a bit we will figure it out the same as we pinpointed all the abyssea staggers.

Edit:
Bismarck.Aena said:
Am currently nuking a BRD to death with no luck. :| Edit: wait, you don't suppose my NIN is disqualified from being able to proc because it doesn't have its Mythic Weaponskill unlocked, do you (just has quested Blade: Ku)? Does everyone who's been able to proc have all their quested weapon skills besides Relic? Also, killed the BRD with all the spells I have from Ichi-San. Fighting a RNG right now.

Had blade kamu unlocked and wasn't getting anything with it either... i do not however have Hi (22/50 skins) so can't say about that one.
 Alexander.Mastersquall
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Mastersquall 2011-05-13 12:07:25  
Well, after doing dynamis the last 3 nights, I think I have come to one of three possibilities:

1. I have really bad luck on making 100s drop. 0/21 with TH7-9 and 3-4 with stagger.
2. Whoever posted them as near 100% is full of ***.
3. Both of the above.

Also, Jeuno is a pain...i dunno how other zones are as ive just done xarc and jeuno but jeuno has one place to camp without massively linking all the time...and even there you will link quite often unless everyone huddles together. And were not talking like 2-5 mobs link. One mob links you got all 10-20 in the same alleyway.
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2011-05-13 12:07:51  
Ragnarok.Tuvae said:

I told you iceday sucks!!! >.<;;
 Ragnarok.Crunkie
By Ragnarok.Crunkie 2011-05-13 12:09:43  
Asura.Natenn said:
Don't 100's have high drop rate off NMs? I read someones post on SE forum that NM have damn near if not 100% drop rate of HQ. Is this true? And are the drop rates for pops of the NMs bad or what?

Fought two NM's last night, no Staggers, we had thf with TH7 proc and no 100's. So to answer your question they are not 100%. However I have read that with staggers on NM's it is higher percentage, still not 100%. Staggered Duke Gomory with Provoke during Hundred Fists got Red and had THF again got 2 currency and Melee Crown.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-13 12:11:02  
Alexander.Mastersquall said:
Well, after doing dynamis the last 3 nights, I think I have come to one of three possibilities: 1. I have really bad luck on making 100s drop. 0/21 with TH7-9 and 3-4 with stagger. 2. Whoever posted them as near 100% is full of ***. 3. Both of the above. Also, Jeuno is a pain...i dunno how other zones are as ive just done xarc and jeuno but jeuno has one place to camp without massively linking all the time...and even there you will link quite often unless everyone huddles together. And were not talking like 2-5 mobs link. One mob links you got all 10-20 in the same alleyway.

Windy was similar in its lay out, i ran all the way around and saw maybe 2 or 3 places a group could camp with out everyone standing ontop of eachother... i think the idea SE is going for is that we fight moving forward through the mobs rather then camping in one spot.
 Bismarck.Aena
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-13 12:15:50  
My WSes did not proc the PLD or DRK I just killed, either. So far have got a Giant Frozen Head. Ew. :|
Am fighting another BRD and RNG.

Edit: THF, MNK, WAR, RNG, PLD, WAR later, only got an Orc Liver and a single Ordelle bronzepiece: still have never seen a stagger firsthand. Kicked out of zone. Tried Blade: Retsu/To/Jin/Ten/Ku/Yu/Metsu, all elemental ninjutsu I have access to (only merited Hyoton & Raiton: San), all steps/flourishes(at least 20 tries per monster) on the respective monster job. EP monsters only. I am trying Darksday/Firesday for sure next time, and on THF/DNC (will avoid rangers and mages).
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-13 13:26:48  
Job Proc Color Day Note HP
NIN Violent Flourish Red Light Mid-spell 50%~
MNK Violent Flourish Red Light Mid-Attack 75-85%
NIN Violent Flourish Red Light 75%~
MNK Stutter Step Red Light Mid-Counter/Attack 25%~
NIN Stutter Step Red Light Mid-Spell 99%
WAR Blade: Ku Red Light Mid-WS 50%
MNK Stutter Step Red Light Mid-Attack 97%
MNK Stutter Step Red Light Mid-Attack 99%
NIN Violent Flourish Red Light 85-90%
MNK Violent Flourish Red Light Mid-2hr 80%
NIN Box Step Red Light Stunned by VF 95%
MNK Stutter Step Red Light 95%
MNK Stutter Step Red Light Mid-2hr 70%

Edit:
Notes- All Red Proc. Entered on Lightningsday. All fought on Lights day.

RDM x1-Didn't Proc: Used Ninjutsu x6
WARs were a pain in the *** to proc. Only proc'd 1/4-5

I tried a few Hydra's first but with DRK/THFs. I wasn't having any luck with them, so the above tests are from Yagudo's. Each dropped 1 coin, except for 1 which dropped 2.

Hopefully this helps someone. Job theory holds up but I can't figure out if it's a timing issue or random chance that you proc. Also if the format is off I apologize.
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-05-13 13:50:55  
someone figure out this damn thing already!

so dynamis can go back to not sucking D: jaoiwfjfoiejwoi SE
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-13 14:25:21  
Well if you figure at 20 coins/run solo. If everyone in a LS ran twice a week currency would stay the same about (assuming 300-400 coins a run and a shell size of an alliance). But I figure that's not the gonna happen :p I honestly think if you take a whole alliance and have them spam JA/WS/spells you're fairly likely to proc on a lot of mobs provided you know which mobs require which <.<
 Bismarck.Aena
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-13 14:31:46  
Kind of want to do that :( just grab up a bunch of people and say what type of skill to spam on it. It may be a timing issue, though I am amazed I would have had all of my spells and skills be 100% Abyssea clean. I thought I was casting when the first BRD used its 2hour (definitely while it was casting songs, because all I did was spam the Ni wheel then go through my entire list of spells and it used its 2hour near the start), and would imagine spamming JAs would have eventually landed on an enemy attack round. Also used a step just as one of the two RNG EES'd my shadow. :S
 Ragnarok.Ninurta
user: DiSifer02
By Ragnarok.Ninurta 2011-05-13 14:42:29  
What I've noticed so far, on my experience. Trigger is based on the jobs in your party, somebody will have it. Doing trio earlier as BST/DNC, THF/DNC and RNG/SAM, it was always one of our abilities (Bounty Shot/Step/Flourish/etc) or a quested/ele WS (Heavy Shot/Evisc/Cyclone/etc). Weaponskills everytime for me, in 4 runs so far, has followed this suit of Elemental WS or a Quested WS of some type; both solo and up to 5 people, I've never had an exception showing otherwise. As NIN/WAR solo, I always could proc red with Ei/Ku/Yu or Provoke. Not reading many posts before me to see otherwise, I would say with some certainty that Quested/Ele WS and JA based on jobs in your party for red. All this was done in Xarc.
 Bismarck.Aena
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-13 18:58:02  
BLU and BLM?WHM? (not sure what job he was on) in shell also had no luck getting any procs, second try. Don't know what exactly they're doing since I'm not there, though. They were in on Windsday.

Also learned a friend was going NIN/DNC who is familiar with the information floating around but has had no luck.

Can people fill in on this?
If you successfully procced on monsters, do you have:
Tavnazia clear?
Quested Weapon Skill for your weapon?
Mythic Weapon Skill?
Signet on?
Could everyone on your run proc, or only certain people consistently? (if you let multiple people perform the first action)
Is there possibly something in common with everyone who can proc that whoever can't proc is missing?
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 24 25 26