First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-12 12:29:40  
Bismarck.Aena said:
Hmm, because of cast time, I did not try Ichi spells, in retrospect. ><
Should be ice blue or water blue around Windsday, though... In that case, I should have tried Blade: Retsu, Teki, To, Yu, and Suiton/Huton/Hyoton: Ichi/Ni also. Next time will try spamming skills with icons matching colors of the three days around when I enter, if I have any, probably in a different zone (considering San d'Oria, Jeuno, Xarc). Maybe will wait for a day that works with a job ability I have and isn't Darksday...?
Well, this is the list we got earlier:
Dynamis-Bastok // Darksday
Earth Shot - Red
Light Shot - Red (Don't suppose these just fit under the general "Quickdraw" for JA color? If so, then I think these all fit with "Darksday.")
Stun - Yellow
Provoke - Yellow and Red
Shadow of Death - Yellow
Flash - Yellow
Holy - Red
Red Lotus Blade - Red
Numbing Shot - Red
Dispel - Red
Sanguine Blade - Red
Banish II - Red
Blind II - Red
Ground Strike - Red

This would mean Lightning/Lights/Darksdays would be potentially easier days to go in and stagger if that's true? This would absolutely explain why my group was never able to stagger, though, since we mostly only have white-icon JAs and entered in the middle of the week (Thunder, Earth, etc.)
forgive me if i missed something, but someone earlier mentioned that it was based on who claimed the mob. were your results of not being able to proc with flourishes etc a separate solo run, or was it from this run with a group? do you happen to know if your results support that idea?
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-12 12:37:36  
Odin.Upbeat said:
Someone needs to find out how to get Villain's Fortune Parchment to drop! Attestation Of Accuracy is the only thing I'm missing to finish Annihilator.

Hydra Thief, just got one after grellow proccing with Stutter Step, same terrain level as you start on, right near the ramp to go down into the Yagudo is.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-12 12:41:23  
Also fighting on Lightningsday, proc'd 2 THFs and a RNG with Stutterstep. I entered on Iceday. I'll post any more data I come up with. (NIN/DNC solo)
 Bismarck.Aena
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Phoenixe
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-12 12:42:25  
My not-being-able-to-proc-at-all was completely solo and copied the NIN/DNC earlier (page 9 and back) who could consistently proc every monster. The differences are that I'm Hume and entered on Windsday ~6-7:00 rather than Darksday, as well as some gear differences and did not try Blade: Kamu. I have not seen any proc in Dynamis yet. ; ; Tried copying timing that seemed to work in the video (step at the start of a fight, flourish after, went through all 6 of my available steps/flourishes several times). Timing could have been off, or it could be very heavily day/time-based. I'll either try copying exactly (entering on Darksday, not sure what time period in the day...) next time to see if I just can't proc at all in this way or what, or just try something else in a city.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-12 12:48:08  
interesting, thanks
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-12 13:27:21  
Entered Iceday-
Grellow Procs:
Lightningsday
Hydra Ranger x1- Stutter Step
Hydra Thief x3 - Stutter Step

Lightday-
Hydra Thief x3 - Violent Flourish
Hydra Thief x4 - Stutter Step

As Upbeat stated, procs didn't always happen first try.
Smaller sample due to aggroing DRK and SMN partway through and spending the majorly of time exploring the zone/getting TEs to start.

Fun fact, if you stun Searing Light carby uses Meteorite, or did in my case.
2-3 no Procs on THFs I didn't note, Lightningsday.
Also any other mob types I fought (BRD WAR) never proc'd.

My thought is that the proc rotates through a list of your abilities or just picks one at random, changing every time you use an ability, but of course it's just speculation.

Also, every grellow proc dropped 1 currency. So it definitely affects currency drop rate. Since Upbeat said every red proc got him currency, it's possible each proc unlocks more currency per mob.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-12 13:34:24  
about the last thing you said, i think in the video there were times when he got multiple currency from a mob, so i'd disagree there (unless i missed any multiple procs, or am just outright wrong about there having been multiple currency)
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-05-12 13:38:04  
Nah your right they were getting multiples... I think i saw them gett 3 off one mob.
 Cerberus.Eliane
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2011-05-12 13:40:10  
Procced red on a couple of mobs in a recent dynamis run, one dropped 4 currencies and the other was a NM that dropped 3 singles and a 100.

Weaknesses = relics yo
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-12 13:42:55  
Ah I didn't watch the entirety of the video, I thought I saw one drop 2 coins, but I figured that one coin was the random (low) chance that can drop easily without proccing.
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-05-12 14:06:36  
Cerberus.Irishlass said:

I still feal ripped off as they did take away all the starter towns and I never realy collected coins from the dream lands. They are still taking away from my game I think :(

Has anyone even bothered trying to trade the Old Hour Glass to the a City Trail Markings? Just an idea.
 Bismarck.Aena
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-12 14:35:29  
I think one of my LSmates tried to because he accidentally bought the 500k glass instead of the KI. >< He ended up staying outside.
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-12 15:09:18  
Sylph.Systematicchaos said:
Odin.Upbeat said:
Someone needs to find out how to get Villain's Fortune Parchment to drop! Attestation Of Accuracy is the only thing I'm missing to finish Annihilator.

Hydra Thief, just got one after grellow proccing with Stutter Step, same terrain level as you start on, right near the ramp to go down into the Yagudo is.
Awesome!! I'll have to try that tonight. And you entered on Lightningday correct? Did they drop each time you proc'd grellow, or do you think It's just TH/luck based?
 Odin.Upbeat
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-12 15:10:53  
Yeah, red proc always ended up giving me 1~4 pieces of currency.

At this point I'm thinking it has to deal both with the day you enter and who claims first.
 Asura.Fetus
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Fetus 2011-05-12 15:25:31  
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
As an dyna ls leader, I find all of this information interesting, but I'm really focused on discovering how to clear these zones now

You don't "clear" them anymore.

For anyone still living under a rock: BG Dynamis Information. You can save yourself some time by just starting at page 14 and reading from there.
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-05-12 15:47:31  
Asura.Fetus said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:
As an dyna ls leader, I find all of this information interesting, but I'm really focused on discovering how to clear these zones now

For anyone still living under a rock: BG Dynamis Information. You can save yourself some time by just starting at page 14 and reading from there.
A good theory on how to do weaknesses:

If the mob is: RNG THF MNK BST NIN --- Weakness is a JA
If the mob is: PLD WAR SAM DRG DRK --- Weakness is a WS
If the mob is: WHM BLM SMN BRD RDM --- Weakness is Magic
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-05-12 15:52:04  
Odin.Upbeat said:
Odin.Upbeat said:

Awesome!! I'll have to try that tonight. And you entered on Lightningday correct? Did they drop each time you proc'd grellow, or do you think It's just TH/luck based?
Can certainly get them without grellow, we went 1/3 or so last night on the parchment with no TH or weakness procs.

Ironically, gun attestation dropped... we were just there for Spharai trials.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-12 15:53:13  
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Asura.Fetus said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

Nah, that would mean most people would cut out specific sets of mobs in favor of easier to trigger mobs. It'd be like the MNK+WHM wagons in Abyssea.

Edit: Unless that's exactly what SE wants us to do... lowman bandwagon ._.'
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-05-12 16:00:30  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Asura.Fetus said:
Sylph.Liltrouble said:

Nah, that would mean most people would cut out specific sets of mobs in favor of easier to trigger mobs. It'd be like the MNK+WHM wagons in Abyssea.

Edit: Unless that's exactly what SE wants us to do... lowman bandwagon ._.'

Well there certainly couldn't have wanted 100 18man alliances simply mass -killing mobs for a 5% currency drop rate.

...right?

....right!?
 Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-05-12 16:43:54  
I pulled a Monk monster in sandy. Pulled with Animated Flourish. Immediately got red. It stood there for 30 seconds and linked a few monsters then killed me >.>
[+]
 Bismarck.Aena
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-12 16:49:42  
Upbeat, were/are you able to get consistent results like this twice+, or have you only done one trip?
BLU LS mate ran around solo in Bastok trying the monster job type proc thing. He had no luck, entered on Earthsday, spammed WSes and spells according to the job:proc type theory.
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-12 17:06:30  
Odin.Upbeat said:
Odin.Upbeat said:

Every time I killed one (I failed to kill the last one due to timing out) I got 1 currency. What puzzles me most is you getting Red while I was getting Grellow. Nothing else notable about the mob occurred (terror occurred, it didn't prevent 2 hours like your Red Proc)

As far as the Villian's Parchment goes, it was just luck/TH based I believe. I went 1/10 with Grellow Proc so if Grellow does enhance it then the rate is horrible.
 Odin.Cealy
user: Ceal
By Odin.Cealy 2011-05-12 17:09:02  
Staggered Red on a WHM NM with Dia2. Lighstday. Person who claimed was THF. And it's also readying something while it was being staggered.
[+]
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-12 17:10:51  
Bismarck.Aena said:
Upbeat, were/are you able to get consistent results like this twice+, or have you only done one trip?
BLU LS mate ran around solo in Bastok trying the monster job type proc thing. He had no luck, entered on Earthsday, spammed WSes and spells according to the job:proc type theory.

Lots of possible WSs and spells as a BLU. Could be the issue. Need to pick a job with very few possible triggers (if it's based on your job, which it seems like it is) and target the right mobs. The best way to test it would probably be on JA mobs since you won't have 100 possible procs.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-12 17:13:20  
Shiva.Xellith said:
I pulled a Monk monster in sandy. Pulled with Animated Flourish. Immediately got red. It stood there for 30 seconds and linked a few monsters then killed me >.>

lol XD
 Bismarck.Aena
By Bismarck.Aena 2011-05-12 17:21:42  
Bismarck.Aena said:

Lots of possible WSs and spells as a BLU. Could be the issue. Need to pick a job with very few possible triggers (if it's based on your job, which it seems like it is) and target the right mobs. The best way to test it would probably be on JA mobs since you won't have 100 possible procs.
This is something we both agreed upon when he exited, but I fought the same mobs as Upbeat on the same job with the same abilities as ones that staggered, just on a different day (the exact opposite end of the week), and never saw one proc.
 Bahamut.Alukat
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Alukat
By Bahamut.Alukat 2011-05-12 17:23:17  
Cerberus.Eliane said:
Procced red on a couple of mobs in a recent dynamis run, one dropped 4 currencies and the other was a NM that dropped 3 singles and a 100.

Weaknesses = relics yo

was it a NM that was up or pop NM?
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2011-05-12 17:25:27  
Bismarck.Aena said:
Bismarck.Aena said:

This is something we both agreed upon when he exited, but I fought the same mobs as Upbeat on the same job with the same abilities as ones that staggered, just on a different day (the exact opposite end of the week), and never saw one proc.

Not sure what to tell you about that. I'm still fairly baffled that my procs weren't the same color as Upbeat's. How big was your sample? And you tried that on Hydra Monk/Thief then right?
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2011-05-12 17:35:25  
Did a Xarc - run with all TE taken and we got:
1 RDM 2 THF 1 BLU 1 MNK 1 WAR 2 PLD 1 BST
21 Byne 15 Bronze 14 Shell and 1 100 piece

11 people, 1 THF 1 BLM 1 WHM 1 DNC rest DD (if memory serves me right)

Edit: Proc'd plenty red !!
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2011-05-12 17:53:11  
Ragnarok.Cerelyn said:
Did a Xarc - run with all TE taken and we got:
1 RDM 2 THF 1 BLU 1 MNK 1 WAR 2 PLD 1 BST
21 Byne 15 Bronze 14 Shell and 1 100 piece

11 people, 1 THF 1 BLM 1 WHM 1 DNC rest DD (if memory serves me right)

Edit: Proc'd plenty red !!
Yer secret being?
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12 ... 24 25 26