First Page 2
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-05-09 19:38:17  

I'm on to you, Square-Enix...
...Also, cell E8 concerns me greatly.

I might have made some mistakes, but the I think most of these are accurate.
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2011-05-09 19:41:31  
This has epic written all over it.
 Bahamut.Xslayrx
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Xslayrx
By Bahamut.Xslayrx 2011-05-09 19:45:27  
I lol'd pretty hard.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-05-09 19:48:49  
I never really completed FF6, I got to umm well I forget where I got to but Terra was still AWOL after turning into an Esper so...why is her love interest children?
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-05-09 19:51:16  
Lol that was awesome
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-05-09 19:51:56  
Cerberus.Tidis said:
I never really completed FF6, I got to umm well I forget where I got to but Terra was still AWOL after turning into an Esper so...why is her love interest children?
She's off running an orphanage and refusing to leave.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Everdyne
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Everdyne
By Quetzalcoatl.Everdyne 2011-05-09 19:54:56  
the ones for XI cracks me up.. but maybe because I'm a girl and I don't fit in! XD
 Ramuh.Leif
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-05-09 20:04:51  
And the saga continues!
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-05-09 20:07:49  
That is awesome.

Though... FFXI's protagonist reaches dangerous "Borderline-HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE Guy" levels for half the cutscenes. Such is life as a silent hero, I suppose.

FF15 is gonna need a bald space marine to make up for most of these. He'll communicate only in grunts and one-liners.
[+]
By zahrah 2011-05-09 20:17:33  
Love it! The Manthra love interest for XI is absolutely hysterical!
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-05-09 20:19:21  
Final Fantasy Versus XIII = potential combo breaker?
 Asura.Rekin
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2011-05-09 20:22:33  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said:

I think Princess Sarah makes the love interest in FF1, or at least she seemed to have the hots for warriors of light.

I do agree with Ingraham, silent protagonists become HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE the second any cut scene starts and yet still have the wits and power to finish numerous puzzles that puzzle the people around the world and smite creatures capable of destroying galaxies... But then a cut scene starts and suddenly they've been rendered weaker then a mouse and dumber then a goldfish.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-05-09 20:37:13  
Phoenix.Ingraham said:
FF15 is gonna need a bald space marine to make up for most of these. He'll communicate only in grunts and one-liners.

Dude
Yes
 Shiva.Mackstrife
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-05-09 20:46:33  
It's funny... I saw this immediately after reading an article my friend sent me.

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-officially-burnt-out-192700.phtml

It's a long article about someone's take on the FF series as a whole... Id post it but it's long and I forget how to do the spoiler thingy. Was worth a read I thought as I began to wonder how many people felt the same or if they differed in opinion.
[+]
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-05-09 20:54:13  
How was Vincent a badass? This confuses me.
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2011-05-09 20:57:09  
You haven't played Dirge of Cerberus, clearly.

Sorta Emo, perhaps. But he does some pretty badass things. And his emo-ness is mostly justified.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-05-09 20:59:21  
XI's is:

thought everyone knew
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-05-09 20:59:54  
[+]
 Phoenix.Oumura
user: Oumura
By Phoenix.Oumura 2011-05-09 21:01:27  
YUS! Jaerik wins again.
 Shiva.Mackstrife
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-05-09 21:05:42  
good clap Jaerik, or bad clap? lol
 Caitsith.Heimdall
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-09 21:07:43  

SE years ago switched form being quality focused to profit and just started pumping out game after game and just slapping their brand name titles on them to try make them sell no matter the game quality or if it really had anything to do with the title. I don't know if this was when the companys merged or when it exactly happen but it did and the company has been hurt by it ever since.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-05-09 21:07:46  
That article, interesting. And yeah, I kind of agree.

Aw, man, I forgot Final Fantasy Tactics.

It's probably best... sparing you all the incest jokes.

*cough*RamzaxAlma*cough*
 Carbuncle.Kerokun
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kerokun
By Carbuncle.Kerokun 2011-05-09 21:11:00  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said:

>___________________> Gonna argue B15.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-09 21:12:44  
Phoenix.Dabackpack said:
That article, interesting. And yeah, I kind of agree.

Aw, man, I forgot Final Fantasy Tactics.

It's probably best... sparing you all the incest jokes.

*cough*RamzaxAlma*cough*

Tactics was different, but had it's own charm.

It got lost somewhere between 10 and 12. I enjoyed 10 I hated 8 but it was a good game in it's own right. I don't know if it was 11 that made them crazy, but the gameplay of x-2 was fun the story was disgusting. 12 was uninspiring both in story and in gameplay.

But with their stock prices consistently dipping, maybe se will figure it out eventually.
 Shiva.Mackstrife
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-05-09 21:12:49  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

SE years ago switched form being quality focused to profit and just started pumping out game after game and just slapping their brand name titles on them to try make them sell no matter the game quality or if it really had anything to do with the title. I don't know if this was when the companys merged or when it exactly happen but it did and the company has been hurt by it ever since.

I don't know, I think each game is good in its own right but I have seen a decline from title to title over the years. But I do agree that I think they do more riding of the name/brand than they do of producing a quality product. Like FFXII is my example... I dislike it, I find it to have no redeeming qualities after Balthier.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-09 21:13:50  
just had a though isn't FF basically following same kind of game/story premiss that phantasy star did like a decade or 2 ago with each game becoming more future/tech based?
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-05-09 21:14:59  
This is gonna sound weird but FF is getting really... anime-ish, something that can be alienating for some.

FFXII would've been an example of feeling pretty 'Western' from Matsuno's original touch, but thanks to some bizarre design choices (Vaan becoming the new protagonist to appeal to fangirls instead of Basch for starters), it was not meant to be.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-09 21:15:51  
Caitsith.Heimdall said:
just had a though isn't FF basically following same kind of game/story premiss that phantasy star did like a decade or 2 ago with each game becoming more future/tech based?

I don't think so, 7/8 were by far the most futuristic of the stories that I can recall, certainly a ton more so than 9.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-05-09 21:16:30  
Shiva.Mackstrife said:
Caitsith.Heimdall said:

I don't know, I think each game is good in its own right but I have seen a decline from title to title over the years. But I do agree that I think they do more riding of the name/brand than they do of producing a quality product. Like FFXII is my example... I dislike it, I find it to have no redeeming qualities after Balthier.

dont forget their dragonquest/warrior crap they started putting out. Should i remind about dragon quest:swords for the wii....
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2011-05-09 21:17:12  
Cerberus.Eugene said:
Phoenix.Dabackpack said:
That article, interesting. And yeah, I kind of agree. Aw, man, I forgot Final Fantasy Tactics. It's probably best... sparing you all the incest jokes. *cough*RamzaxAlma*cough*
Tactics was different, but had it's own charm. It got lost somewhere between 10 and 12. I enjoyed 10 I hated 8 but it was a good game in it's own right. I don't know if it was 11 that made them crazy, but the gameplay of x-2 was fun the story was disgusting. 12 was uninspiring both in story and in gameplay. But with their stock prices consistently dipping, maybe se will figure it out eventually.

Oh yeah, Tactics is one of my favorite ones besides IV and VII. I love Ramza.

I personally liked pretty much all of the numbered Final Fantasies, but I can see why a lot of people dislike some of them.
First Page 2