Fenrir.Sats said:

They're eating her
and they're going to eat me
oh my goooooooooood
[+]
By Linald 2011-06-20 16:25:49  
Cerberus.Nostylin said:

Hurray For Vaccines

Wait, is this a troll movie or are these people serious about not giving vaccines to children?
 Odin.Gosuapple
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: gosuapple
By Odin.Gosuapple 2011-06-20 17:36:46  
Ramuh.Rowland said:

Never post again... ever. You've lost posting privileges.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-06-20 17:57:51  
Linald said:
Cerberus.Nostylin said:

Hurray For Vaccines

Wait, is this a troll movie or are these people serious about not giving vaccines to children?
1hr 26min sounds serious to me. I know there's definitely people out there crazy enough to not vaccinate their kids.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-06-20 18:05:20  
Cerberus.Nostylin said:

Hurray For Vaccines

These people need to be shot (no pun intended).
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-06-20 19:19:29  
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-06-20 19:26:27  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Cerberus.Nostylin said:

Hurray For Vaccines

basically, people are stupid enough to think that vaccines lead to things like autism and other mental handicaps.
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-06-20 19:29:14  
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-06-20 19:37:36  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Seems about right, thought he'd be 4th
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2011-06-20 19:47:19  
[+]
 Cerberus.Nostylin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: NoStylin
By Cerberus.Nostylin 2011-06-20 19:56:28  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Cerberus.Nostylin said:

Hurray For Vaccines

basically, people are stupid enough to think that vaccines lead to things like autism and other mental handicaps.

I watched the whole thing, but I think there is something going on we can't prove and maybe/not is the vaccines. I do remember each generation was given different levels and combination's of vaccines.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-06-20 20:03:44  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Cerberus.Nostylin said:

Hurray For Vaccines

My vet sells vaccines for animals and recommended that if I decided to administer it myself that I should make sure to do it on a limb far enough down that it could be amputated if needed if there was a reaction or a problem. Apparently it isn't that rare. Kinda makes you wonder huh?

I don't have the expertise myself to claim one way or the other nor have I kept current with the last year or two of medical trials but anyone with an ingredient list for most of these vaccines would be HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE not to wonder what it could cause. Sure they may not but that doesn't excuse one for not looking out for danger... Not like the government or businesses care about anything but money. If something makes money they'll do their best to get it through and the FDA isn't going to slow it down much.

I'd really like to see some double blind, long term, large scale trials sponsored by an independent party. Back when I did my research most of the large scale tests were funded by companies with an interest in getting it approved. Would you trust those?

Now I'm not saying don't go and vaccinate but educate a little on your choices so you know the risks. Vaccinating for things like chicken pox or the flu for example is just taking needless risk.
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2011-06-20 20:05:12  
tldw

Its possible to have allergic reactions and such to vaccines...but vaccines being evil?

after looking a the past 100 years or so since vaccines have been introduced >.> and looking at the diseases we've wiped out...do we really not want vaccines?

Quote:

My vet sells vaccines for animals and recommended that if I decided to administer it myself that I should make sure to do it on a limb far enough down that it could be amputated if needed if there was a reaction or a problem. Apparently it isn't that rare. Kinda makes you wonder huh?

Ive only ever heard this for Feline leukemia vx (pretty sure it was leukemia..we dont see that many cats at my hospital so I forget.) We administer it to a rear leg as far away from the body as possible as it has been reported to possible cause tumors..So I mean its really your decision, which disease do you want your cat to be exposed to?..or just keep your cat indoors lol
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-06-20 20:11:00  
I haven't done any biology in like 5 years, but iirc a vaccine is where you introduce a strain of disease which has been weakened etc in order to get the body to fight it off and produce "memory" white blood cells or something so that it fights off the real thing more readily.

Surely the only risk would then come from a severe reaction to an already weakened "product" (imagine getting the real thing!) or a non-sterilised needle which you should be wary of anyway?
 Fenrir.Sats
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Sats
By Fenrir.Sats 2011-06-20 20:15:33  
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-06-20 20:16:40  
Kujata.Daus said:
tldw

Its possible to have allergic reactions and such to vaccines...but vaccines being evil?

after looking a the past 100 years or so since vaccines have been introduced >.> and looking at the diseases we've wiped out...do we really not want vaccines?

Quote:

Ive only ever heard this for Feline leukemia vx (pretty sure it was leukemia..we dont see that many cats at my hospital so I forget.) We administer it to a rear leg as far away from the body as possible as it has been reported to possible cause tumors..So I mean its really your decision, which disease do you want your cat to be exposed to?..or just keep your cat indoors lol

I don't recall which one it was that they said that on but it's just an example. I'm also not saying I'd rather have a dead cat than a cat with 3 legs but the point is that drugs, vaccines and pretty much any chemical can cause unwanted side effects. It's a balance of what is worth the risk for the protection it gives.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-06-20 20:19:15  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I haven't done any biology in like 5 years, but iirc a vaccine is where you introduce a strain of disease which has been weakened etc in order to get the body to fight it off and produce "memory" white blood cells or something so that it fights off the real thing more readily.

Surely the only risk would then come from a severe reaction to an already weakened "product" (imagine getting the real thing!) or a non-sterilised needle which you should be wary of anyway?

There are vaccines that use a weakened virus. Some use dead viruses but it's what they put it in to preserve and act as a vector that's the issue. This can give you an idea of what they put in these. Not saying all are dangerous but some can be.

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-1.pdf
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-06-20 20:42:00  
There is also the same concern in shots/vaccines given to dogs causing seizures, or increased risk of seizures.

Just because a vaccines has done a wonderful job knocking out a major illness, doesn't mean there won't/could be possible side effects.

Why is it when people disagree with science any more they are labeled idiots? Science would stagnate if people didn't question, even things they may seem like conventional knowledge.

Also, poster above me hit the nail right on the head. Excipients.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-06-20 20:49:09  
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
There is also the same concern in shots/vaccines given to dogs causing seizures, or increased risk of seizures.

Just because a vaccines has done a wonderful job knocking out a major illness, doesn't mean there won't/could be possible side effects.

Why is it when people disagree with science any more they are labeled idiots? Science would stagnate if people didn't question, even things they may seem like conventional knowledge.

Also, poster above me hit the nail right on the head. Excipients.

"You don't use science to prove yourself to be right, you use science to become right."
 Bahamut.Nixak
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Nixak
By Bahamut.Nixak 2011-06-20 20:49:49  
This is a lol thread, not a vaccine thread. More lols are needed.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-06-20 20:50:22  
Fenrir.Sats said:
By Judaine 2011-06-20 21:16:48  
Ramuh.Rowland said:

First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 1166 1167 1168