Game: FFXI
user: Gilus
By Fenrir.Gilus 2011-11-17 00:55:52  
[+]
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-11-17 01:01:11  
At first I was like, "Don't make fun of Gamestop!" But then watching that, it's so *** true. All of it. That's all they do is shove ***down your throat. "Any games coming up that you're interested in? Want to put a hold on Dance Central 20?" Damn... just let me buy my game already.
[+]
 Odin.Graywind
サーバ: Odin
user: graywind
By Odin.Graywind 2011-11-17 07:52:02  
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
At first I was like, "Don't make fun of Gamestop!" But then watching that, it's so *** true. All of it. That's all they do is shove ***down your throat. "Any games coming up that you're interested in? Want to put a hold on Dance Central 20?" Damn... just let me buy my game already.
It's because they have a commission policy that involves the number of reserved games they get on a given pay period. When it's your livelihood you'll try your hardest to get that commission.

Edit:
For your viewing pleasure:

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Perrymason
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Perrymason 2011-11-17 08:59:11  

Clearly doing it wrong.
 Fenrir.Savoree
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Arriole
By Fenrir.Savoree 2011-11-17 09:16:57  

win
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-11-17 09:25:15  
Here are the rare times I ever enter a gamestop:

To find a DS/PS3/whatever game that I wanna play now and too lazy to wait for amazon to send

The RARE times I want to reserve a game to pick up on big releases, especially on the Premier/collector variations if they're any good and reasonably priced

When I'm just *** bored.

Other times, I buy from Amazon or if its a console or something, I go to Best Buy and get the cheaper warranty since I know how to abuse them in my favor (Hell, I just got a brand new Droid phone a year before contract was up without it effecting my contract and managed to rig it to where when my upgrade comes, I upgrade as normal and sell back this phone for ~$250 to them, thus free upgrade and pocket $150 for my original phone "Accidentally" breaking in a timely manner)

However, I RARELY buy from them, unless it is something I'm looking for, in working condition, with all its content, and I'm in the mood for playing that moment rather than wait a week for it to come in.

As for selling games...

Meh. Unless you're getting a reasonable penny for it, I rarely find selling games a worthwhile investment- let alone trade ins. If anything I use them as a bargaining chip with friends to borrow their stuff or even do trades with them.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-11-17 09:29:54  
Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf said: »
Other times, I buy from Amazon or if its a console or something, I go to Best Buy and get the cheaper warranty since I know how to abuse them in my favor (Hell, I just got a brand new Droid phone a year before contract was up without it effecting my contract and managed to rig it to where when my upgrade comes, I upgrade as normal and sell back this phone for ~$250 to them, thus free upgrade and pocket $150 for my original phone "Accidentally" breaking in a timely manner)
That's called fraud btw.

Now for lol pic
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-11-17 09:33:13  
I think it's the first book of the series.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Pyroelf
By Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf 2011-11-17 09:52:40  
Asura.Dameshi said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Pyroelf said: »
That's called fraud btw.

Hm, except its a warranty and not insurance... I don't think anyone ever successfully sued another person for taking advantage of loosely defined terms in their warranty on their laptop or phone through the warranty's own loopholes, but in America it wouldn't surprise me. As for the reason why it would not effect a cell phone contract its because the person that took the hit was the store that offered the warranty that lacked the specifics on what is covered and what is not, what I told them when I turned in was word for word in truth of what happened.

What I left out was parts I wished to; that they did not ask about. You aren't lying to anyone for fraud if you tell them the parts they ask for and not provide extra information. What they were told was it did happen down a flight of stairs during the last winter when they were iced, just not the specifics on the cause of since they never asked. It was the store that took any cash hit, and not the cell phone company in which the upgrades go through.
 Leviathan.Crawlerbasher
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Crawlerbasher 2011-11-17 09:56:44  
Asura.Vyre said: »

LOL this is so me when trying to help out noobs that do not listen or when things are not going to plan.
 Fenrir.Savoree
user: Arriole
By Fenrir.Savoree 2011-11-17 10:52:47  
[+]
 Fenrir.Necrids
user: Necrids
By Fenrir.Necrids 2011-11-17 15:06:59  
[+]
 Cerberus.Savannah
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-11-17 15:10:35  
Odin.Graywind said: »
Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
It's because they have a commission policy that involves the number of reserved games they get on a given pay period. When it's your livelihood you'll try your hardest to get that commission.

It's not even for commission...just job security...even then GameStop is nothing but politics...If you can't convince someone to pre-order a game you are worthless to them.
 Asura.Domz
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2011-11-17 15:22:46  
Asura.Perrymason said: »
Clearly doing it wrong.

yeah, why are people playing skyrim when morrowind is the ***? O-o
[+]
 Alexander.Jukie
サーバ: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2011-11-17 16:52:06  
My husband's been playing Oblivion this week cos we're waiting for Skyrim to be cheap <.>
 Bahamut.Feisei
サーバ: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-11-17 17:12:58  
Fenrir.Savoree said: »

Mario cart 64 oldschool baby
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-11-17 17:14:16  

O.o

Spoilered for Chuu.

[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-11-17 19:24:04  
Odin.Liela said: »
isnt true btw
 Cerberus.Raddmage
user: Kakkoii
By Cerberus.Raddmage 2011-11-17 19:26:00  
Phoenix.Degs said: »
isnt true btw

prove it!
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-11-17 19:32:49  
Cerberus.Raddmage said: »
isnt true btw

prove it!
that snake is a boa Burmese Python rather... Nagini isnt

edit* Nagini also has viper fangs... pythons, and boa's do not
 Cerberus.Raddmage
user: Kakkoii
By Cerberus.Raddmage 2011-11-17 19:36:59  
isnt true btw

prove it!
that snake is a boa... Nagini isnt
was it ever stated what kind of snake nagini was?
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-11-17 19:39:25  
isnt true btw

prove it!
that snake is a boa... Nagini isnt
was it ever stated what kind of snake nagini was?
no it wasnt.. but its not the snake at the beginning of the movie... and many forums have been talking about this "Rowling" statement, and has been concluded that she never said it
 Alexander.Almostunsane
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Almostunsane 2011-11-17 19:42:03  
Religious joke, don't like piss off don't read
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-11-17 19:46:54  
Alexander.Almostunsane said: »
Religious joke, don't like piss off don't read
Made my day.
By Quiznor 2011-11-17 20:06:59  
Asura.Perrymason said: »

Clearly doing it wrong.

Bubbles > the others because
Morrowind > Skyrim
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-11-17 21:19:56  
Aww bugger, I was hoping it was true. At first I was all "mind blown! How could nagini do that to Harry after he'd saved him and all!" ;;
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 344 345 346 ... 1166 1167 1168