2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Pics that make you LOL
Pics that make you LOL
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 1166 1167 1168
By Artemicion 2011-05-10 03:08:43  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
Give the mods a break, especially Krizz. They don't like giving themselves more work. Krizz has been spearheading the enforcements and taking all the heat like a boss.

That's for sure.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-05-10 03:09:13  
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Fenrir.Scragg said:
It was a player warning thread and was relatively mild on the language from what I remember. I already trashed the thread though.
Sorry if it was mine, lol >_>;
Ourrs had no swearing IIRC
Okay XD
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-10 03:10:14  
This definitely proves why I wouldn't want a full time job as a mod..

As I've said before, I'd have 0 tolerance for stupidity...
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-10 03:11:49  
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:
Bots will do what bots do.
Yeah, but I'm absolutely positive there's a thread out there somewhere I have saturated with other profanities to an extent that couldn't be rivaled by whatever the player warning thread did.. I have a sailor's math, but '***' isn't one of my words.

So I have to wonder about the criteria, of how it was singled out, or why more specifically.

Yeah, my point was to not try and understand it. Bots do things methodically and mathematically, but not necessarily truly rationally.

I was reading the other day about 2 book sellers on amazon that got stuck in a positive feedback loop. The bots were basing prices off of each other so they ended up raising a book price over a million dollars when the price was realistically closer to 100.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-05-10 03:11:55  
Fenrir.Scragg said:
It was a player warning thread and was relatively mild on the language from what I remember. I already trashed the thread though.

/facepalm
 Sylph.Siccmade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-05-10 03:13:21  
Less talk, more pics!

Err... 2cents

I think politically correct has gone too far, if we can't laugh at ourselves...
Blatantly prejudice images aren't funny but being an avid follower of LOL Again,
I was not once offended and I'm sure that some of my pics qualified to get that thread nuked.
Like the iguana on the first page, I'm not mad, I just don't laugh as hard.
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-05-10 03:15:46  
I admire the time and effort spent by the mods doing what is essentially babysitting a group en masse.
With the new rules and policy in place, it alienated a lot of people, but ultimately was necessary to keep the forums and the site active.
With that said, it was inevitable that we would run into angry, immature, argumentative, and profane response, and for the most part is has been handled in a reasonable manner.
However, I don't see taking excessive measures beyond what has already put us in the clear.
Particularly the intended deletion of the (semi) original LOL thread.
If Google's biggest issue was a player warning thread with excessive slang referring to a phallus, then why go out of the way to delete hundreds of pages of legitimate humor?

If it truly is necessary beyond our knowledge, why not take an effort to moderate and clean it up as described in the position you willingly accepted? Nuking it seems to be a lazy way out and further alienate our community as we've clearly seen the backlash in the first few pages of this PG version of the same thread.

Again, I appreciate the extra stress and effort taken on behalf of the changes and taking out trash that has long been past due, but why push the envelope with the entire community when it isn't necessary?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaguarx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2011-05-10 03:38:53  
I agree with this ^

Although I must say at the end of the day, it is their website and therefore they can do as they please with it, whether the community agrees. The only difference here is whether the mods care what the community's opinions are. Up until now they have shown a clear rationale and understanding of all sides of the spectrum. The fact of the matter is the masses tend to not like change. I don't like change. Although change is inevitable, the question then becomes, can we learn to adapt to the new changes? Or runaway from them? Or even more so, can those changes be applied so everyone (or at least the majority of the community) stays happy? Who knows, only time will tell.
 Leviathan.Veratos
user: Veratos
By Leviathan.Veratos 2011-05-10 03:49:35  
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-05-10 04:14:49  
Hey, the safety of the site comes above pleasing us, I understand that.
But all I'm sayin is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-05-10 04:17:18  
Artemicion said:
I admire the time and effort spent by the mods doing what is essentially babysitting a group en masse.
With the new rules and policy in place, it alienated a lot of people, but ultimately was necessary to keep the forums and the site active.
With that said, it was inevitable that we would run into angry, immature, argumentative, and profane response, and for the most part is has been handled in a reasonable manner.
However, I don't see taking excessive measures beyond what has already put us in the clear.
Particularly the intended deletion of the (semi) original LOL thread.
If Google's biggest issue was a player warning thread with excessive slang referring to a phallus, then why go out of the way to delete hundreds of pages of legitimate humor?

If it truly is necessary beyond our knowledge, why not take an effort to moderate and clean it up as described in the position you willingly accepted? Nuking it seems to be a lazy way out and further alienate our community as we've clearly seen the backlash in the first few pages of this PG version of the same thread.

Again, I appreciate the extra stress and effort taken on behalf of the changes and taking out trash that has long been past due, but why push the envelope with the entire community when it isn't necessary?
What would be the point? I'd wager the majority of people only check the most recent pages in the thread, and the other one had 900+ pages. What you're suggesting would require one of the mods to go through the entire 900+ pages to prune out ***that most people are never going to look at again anyway.

In reality, making a new thread and nuking the old should be a mild annoyance at best to anyone that browses it, yet people are acting like it's the end of the world. I can understand people getting annoyed about the new rules, it sounds like the admin are pretty annoyed about it themselves. But as has been said, it's follow the rules, or don't have a site. They're the only two options. No middle ground, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I think people really need to remember that it's not the site admin that made the new rules though, they're just trying to comply with Google's ridiculous demands.

I especially think people need to lay the *** off Krizz. You may all think he's acting like a Nazi, but he's actually just doing everything in his power to make sure that some idiot posting a picture of a whale penis because he thinks it's funny, doesn't force Google to pull the ads again, causing the death of the site.

tl;dr: If you want the site to stay around, follow the rules, if you don't want the site to stay around, *** off. Either way, complaining won't help.

(That wasn't all directed at you Art)
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-05-10 04:24:57  
It's not so much the fact that the original LOL thread will go away, but rather the principle of redundancy and further alienation of the community. Yes it is annoying, and to see the mods go above and beyond the necessary call can put people including myself on edge even if it was never a concern in the past. Humor is subjective per individual and there is no legitimate form of moderating funny picture or videos. It comes with the territory, so the most logical thing to do would be either keep it PG, or disable advertisements entirely for this particular thread. Which sadly would be counter productive since this is the type of threads that generate the most traffic.

Either way it's a double edged sword for all of us.
Even the admins hold little control over the power our advertisers hold in making this site run continuously. We all have to play by their asinine rules.

Also IMO Krizz has been a bit ridiculous as of late. Enforcing the new rules is starting to look more like a veil or facade to justify excessive action, border lining personal vendetta of expressed negativity; articulate, mature, or otherwise.
There's no justification for people to be *** towards the mods, and I understand that, but we have legitimacy to being argumentative about methods of enforcement.
[+]
 Leviathan.Korialstrasz
By Leviathan.Korialstrasz 2011-05-10 04:41:41  
Since it seems we can't really do, well... anything, and since just about anything "funny" goes against the rules, maybe we just need to make a new thread altogether. It can be...

Pics that make you :|

Rocks aren't offensive, right?
[+]
By benspeed 2011-05-10 04:56:08  
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-05-10 05:15:37  
Doesn't really matter if the thread is cleaned, the majority of the issue is that the thread itself is being taken away, I myself have offered to clean it, and I have personally witnessed one other volunteering to do the same (just can't remember who off the top of my head) Scragg has said he's other people offer to do the same.

There's more in that thread than just pics to laugh at, it's a sense of community. No one wants to let that go, some are more outspoken than others, but make no mistake not voicing the dissatisfaction doesn't mean accepting and moving on, it means they just don't see it worth the time to argue.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-05-10 05:38:56  
Let's move the discussion over to New Forum Rules. Not only would it help this thread stay on track, but your complaints are in a more visible place.
[+]
 Sylph.Maruraba
user: Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2011-05-10 06:35:48  
Aw man, when I went to bed we were finally getting back on track with lolpics, then we got nearly 2 pages of discussion? Well, at least it was more mature and informative than what we started with.

Anyway, better get back to it.

Aaand one more:
[+]
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2011-05-10 06:37:07  
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-05-10 08:16:02  

Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-05-10 08:29:12  

[+]
 Sylph.Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2011-05-10 09:20:44  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Funny, but actually that's Texas. Shiner's a TX brand and you can even see the little Texas icon above it.

This, however...

And this isn't, but it's funny anyway.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-10 09:35:59  
Sylph.Maruraba said:
Funny, but actually that's Texas. Shiner's a TX brand and you can even see the little Texas icon above it.

[+]
 Sylph.Maruraba
By Sylph.Maruraba 2011-05-10 09:39:28  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Sylph.Maruraba said:

[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-05-10 09:47:22  
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100526140808AA1wkiy
Rofl
[+]
 Caitsith.Ravant
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-05-10 09:53:42  

"u go bang" LOL
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2011-05-10 10:02:28  

:3
[+]
 Sylph.Ixe
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2011-05-10 10:18:53  

Do want ^
[+]
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2011-05-10 10:27:19  
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
:3

Im going to make this a poster for my room so when chicks come over they see this and not only laugh, but are intregued.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-05-10 11:13:46  
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-05-10 11:15:43  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
I watched that for too long until I realized... it's never getting to snake.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 1166 1167 1168