フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Pics that make you LOL
Pics that make you LOL
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 1166 1167 1168
 Fenrir.Javaa
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Javaa
By Fenrir.Javaa 2011-07-27 04:41:30  
he was busted for drugs or something a year or two back.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-07-27 04:54:48  
Fenrir.Javaa said:
"***! Our chubby white actor is in jail, let's hire a skinny black replacement!" I'm all for racial equality and all, but that's just going too far lol.

Edit: Or a girl with brown eyes for the role of a character who is mentioned 90% of the time by the fact that Harry has her eyes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-07-27 06:20:39  
Odin.Frescora said:
Odin.Daemun said:
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
The 'Russian' was a beast. Wish I was that big
Why do the russians and germans always seem to be beasts that can take almost any beating?

That dude is a wrestler, Kevin Nash. I don't think he's necessarily Russian or German, but he's about 7' tall. He was in the NWO back in the day with Scott Hall and Hulk Hogan. He was also the Super Shredder in the 2nd Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie, lol.
By Flionheart 2011-07-27 06:54:35  
He was Diesel before Kevin Nash, right?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-27 07:00:03  
Because some people can't get enough of Draylo:

[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-07-27 07:20:28  
Flionheart said:

Yup. Those were the days :)

EDIT: woops, removed wrong event. I was mistaken about something. He did take the title in 8 seconds(3 of which were the 3 count) from some guy, Bob Backlund I think?
 Carbuncle.Flionheart
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Flionheart 2011-07-27 07:22:08  
Cerberus.Rayik said:
Flionheart said:

Yup. Those were the days :) I remember when he Jack-Knifed Mabel and everyone went nuts, because Mabel was something like over 500 lbs.

I remember that. I used to watch it on british TV, but I think we got it later than you guys.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-27 07:23:20  
Ninain > Nils. Especially chapter 20? 21? Arena trick
By Flionheart 2011-07-27 07:26:43  
Ninian was pretty cool

Gifs aren't working for me atm :(
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-27 07:27:26  
Flionheart said:
Ninian was pretty cool

Gifs aren't working for me atm :(
Was actually a little sad you had to slay her :(
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-27 07:28:20  
Shiva.Garlend said:
This HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE thing makes me LOL

If that thing clucks like a chicken, I have a new toy for red proc's to piss off the party!!!!

/toss ladybell
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-07-27 07:28:28  
Carbuncle.Flionheart said:
Cerberus.Rayik said:
Flionheart said:

Yup. Those were the days :) I remember when he Jack-Knifed Mabel and everyone went nuts, because Mabel was something like over 500 lbs.

I remember that. I used to watch it on british TV, but I think we got it later than you guys.

I kinda got out of wrestling around '06. Grew up watching the stuff, I used to be all about it. I tried to watch RAW recently and I don't recognize anyone anymore. All the wrestlers look like underwear models and pretty boys; nobody actually looks tough anymore.

And by the way, it's not FAKE, it's SCRIPTED; basically a soap opera for guys.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-07-27 09:24:22  
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-07-27 10:08:49  
i cant remember if i posted this
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-07-27 10:28:23  
Odin.Blazza said:
Fenrir.Javaa said:
"***! Our chubby white actor is in jail, let's hire a skinny black replacement!" I'm all for racial equality and all, but that's just going too far lol.

Edit: Or a girl with brown eyes for the role of a character who is mentioned 90% of the time by the fact that Harry has her eyes.

The Lily child was really cute, but seriously, how hard would it have been to give her blue contact lenses for those few scenes? They could have made her eyes match Harry's so easily if they had wanted to. Why didn't they?! Ugh! ;;
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-07-27 10:33:49  
Odin.Liela said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Fenrir.Javaa said:

The Lily child was really cute, but seriously, how hard would it have been to give her blue contact lenses for those few scenes? They could have made her eyes match Harry's so easily if they had wanted to. Why didn't they?! Ugh! ;;

the same reason they didnt give harry green eyes like was mentioned in almost every book.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-07-27 10:42:47  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Odin.Liela said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Fenrir.Javaa said:

the same reason they didnt give harry green eyes like was mentioned in almost every book.
I dunno, THAT part I can understand since you're looking for an actor that you can contract for the next ten years and green eyes aren't that common, unless you'd make an 11 year old kid wear green contacts that whole time? I dunno. But the young Lily only had a few minutes of screen time and a half dozen lines, who cares if she's a shitty actor, make her look the part.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-07-27 10:45:20  
Colored contacts are super common and easy to put in..... especially when you're being paid that much money to wear them. Radcliffe whipped out little Harry on stage for the sake of art. I don't think he would have snubbed his nose at $1000 extra a day to put in contacts.

Cerberus.Soluna
user: GE4
By Cerberus.Soluna 2011-07-27 10:50:03  
Or perhaps we've stumbled upon the biggest secret in the Harry Potter series.... Lily secretly wore contacts in her teens and adult years but never told anyone, and green eyes were a recessive gene from both of Harry's parents.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-07-27 10:51:02  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Colored contacts are super common and easy to put in..... especially when you're being paid that much money to wear them. Radcliffe whipped out little Harry on stage for the sake of art. I don't think he would have snubbed his nose at $1000 extra a day to put in contacts.
Yeah I wasn't sure if contacts were like, a big no-no for kids or something.

I *** hate Hollywood. Or rather, the whole American Bastardisation and global market saturation. Not just ***like this of course, but also stuff like remaking British/Aussie comedy/movies for the American audience and doing ***like changing "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" to "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-27 10:51:23  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

I totally have that same mt. dew shirt.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-07-27 10:52:50  
Cerberus.Soluna said:
Or perhaps we've stumbled upon the biggest secret in the Harry Potter series.... Lily secretly wore contacts in her teens and adult years but never told anyone, and green eyes were a recessive gene from both of Harry's parents.
"You look just like your mother. Except the eyes..."
"I know, I have my mother's eyes, everyone says that."

That's a quote from pretty much every book at least once lol, comes up in the movies too.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-07-27 10:53:25  
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

Is it totally stretched the same way as that one? <_<
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-07-27 10:53:41  
Odin.Blazza said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Yeah I wasn't sure if contacts were like, a big no-no for kids or something.

I *** hate Hollywood. Or rather, the whole American Bastardisation and global market saturation. Not just ***like this of course, but also stuff like remaking British/Aussie comedy/movies for the American audience and doing ***like changing "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" to "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
That change happened at the publisher release not the film release just a FYI.

Also I had been wondering where Crabbe disappeared to a few films back. I didn't even ask question when I saw the black Crabbe I just giggled a bit.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-07-27 10:54:00  
Odin.Blazza said:
Ramuh.Austar said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:

Is it totally stretched the same way as that one? <_<
*** no
 Cerberus.Soluna
user: GE4
By Cerberus.Soluna 2011-07-27 10:55:20  
Odin.Blazza said:
Cerberus.Soluna said:
"You look just like your father. Except the eyes..."
"I know, I have my mother's eyes, everyone says that."

That's a quote from pretty much every book at least once lol, comes up in the movies too.
Fixed.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-07-27 10:55:31  
Odin.Blazza said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Yeah I wasn't sure if contacts were like, a big no-no for kids or something. I *** hate Hollywood. Or rather, the whole American Bastardisation and global market saturation. Not just ***like this of course, but also stuff like remaking British/Aussie comedy/movies for the American audience and doing ***like changing "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" to "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
That one got me as well... even if people don't know that a Philosopher is sometimes used in place of Sorcerer in some places... Do they really not know what a Philosopher is the other way? The title can make sense either one, I didn't know it could also meen Sorcerer for years and it didn't make a difference XD
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-07-27 10:59:33  
Asura.Ina said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Yeah I wasn't sure if contacts were like, a big no-no for kids or something. I *** hate Hollywood. Or rather, the whole American Bastardisation and global market saturation. Not just ***like this of course, but also stuff like remaking British/Aussie comedy/movies for the American audience and doing ***like changing "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" to "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone".
That one got me as well... even if people don't know that a Philosopher is sometimes used in place of Sorcerer in some places... Do they really not know what a Philosopher is the other way? The title can make sense either one, I didn't know it could also meen Sorcerer for years and it didn't make a difference XD

It also helps to take into account that The Legend of the Philosopher's Stone isn't very popular here in the states so the reference would be completely missed. Publishers changed it because as Ina said Sorcerer would make more sense to the audience. It's a subtle tweak from British to American English.
 Bismarck.Dierdreh
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dierdreh
By Bismarck.Dierdreh 2011-07-27 10:59:44  
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-07-27 11:03:16  
@Uri: Yeah I know, but it's still one of those stupid things America does.

@Austar: Shame, bewbs are great.

@Soluna: Thanks, my bad :/

@Ina: A sorcerer and a philosopher aren't the same thing, and it's the one and only time I've ever seen the comparison. Philosophy has absolutely nothing to do with magic, but then I guess that does actually give credence to the change, since it's talking about a stone that belongs to a powerful wizard. The only problem with that is that a Philosopher's Stone is a real thing. Or at least, a not real thing with a very long history.

Ramuh.Urial said:
It also helps to take into account that The Legend of the Philosopher's Stone isn't very popular here in the states so the reference would be completely missed. Publishers changed it because as Ina said Sorcerer would make more sense to the audience. It's a subtle tweak from British to American English.
I don't think it's particularly popular anywhere, and you're right, it is a subtle tweak, but it's one that meant you had to print the entire book differently for the sake of one word, and then make two versions of the movies further down the line for the sake of that same word.

What I don't understand is why? It's not like the word is offensive, would people really not have read/watched it because they didn't know what a word meant in the title?
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 1166 1167 1168