Blue Post Update.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Blue post update.
Blue post update.
 Ifrit.Jynxy
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
user: Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-05-07 14:22:57  
Hey guys, so basically, my BLU is still geared for it's 75 state. It was pretty hot for 75. But now i'm not so sure.

It's actually 81 just for quick playing after the updates but nothing serious. Also, what new spells are worth getting? I've already got the procs as i have every spell to 75.

Also, any gear suggestions and any atma suggestions ?

All would be appreciated.
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2011-05-07 14:41:41  
Spells:
Quadratic Continuum
Dream Flower
Whirl of Rage
Charged Whisker
Thermal Pulse
Delta Thrust
Occultation
Benthic Typhoon
Goblin Rush
Animated Wail
Battery Charge

MM/RR/Apoc
 Ifrit.Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-05-07 14:43:01  
There's only a few spells there i don't actually have, thanks to leveling blu properly.

And okay thanks
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2011-05-07 14:46:31  
a lot of people don't take the time to get all the spells...yes most of them are utterly useless...I'm one of those OCD people that had to have all the spells...even if it took hours to learn.... ><
 Lakshmi.Galith
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-05-07 14:53:47  
Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer said:
a lot of people don't take the time to get all the spells...yes most of them are utterly useless...I'm one of those OCD people that had to have all the spells...even if it took hours to learn.... ><

Spinal Cleave.... Why are you able to break the 2nd dagger?!?!
 Ifrit.Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-05-07 14:56:42  
Another Question, with the introduction of atma such as MM and Allure, can BLU effectively main heal a low man group now?

Because it may prove far more useful in low man situations due to it's versatility..
 Ifrit.Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-05-07 14:58:17  
Also, any new gear suggestions?

I'm still using the top of the line 75 gear ('cept morrigan's)
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-05-07 15:24:10  
BLU is about as fit as a RDM or SCH to heal. It can be done, but a WHM will do it better.

It's already useful in lowman due to being a tank, a top DD, grellow proc, stun, and self sufficient. all wrapped up in 1 little package.

As for gear suggestions, get an Almace or WoE sword for weapons. If that's a tad too ambitious, start making magian swords.
Armor wise... AF3 for TP, Loki's body for WS, twilight belt, Aias Bonnet, etc.

Pretty self explanatory.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-07 15:30:20  
Carbuncle.Aeonknight said:
BLU is about as fit as a RDM or SCH to heal. It can be done, but a WHM will do it better.

It's already useful in lowman due to being a tank, a top DD, grellow proc, stun, and self sufficient. all wrapped up in 1 little package.

As for gear suggestions, get an Almace or WoE sword for weapons. If that's a tad too ambitious, start making magian swords.
Armor wise... AF3 for TP, Loki's body for WS, twilight belt, Aias Bonnet, etc.

Pretty self explanatory.

I disagree. WHM is a better healer I don't dispute that, but if you gear for it, with atmas BLU can heal pretty effectively. Plenilune Embrace is basically Cure IV.5, and we can use Cure IV right afterwards if /WHM, making for easier cure bombing. Depending on the fight, I can see a BLU mainhealing fairly reliably.
 Ifrit.Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-05-07 15:37:57  
Hmmm okay, thank you guys, i'll try and get on with those suggestions.

One last question for now:

Which ToM swords should i be building? STR/DEX/M.acc +mp or what?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-07 15:39:49  
str and almace
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2011-05-07 15:42:23  
with P. Embrace followed by a Cure IV...be ready to tank...
Homam Hands and Feet (I have yet to get the feet) are good to TP in...work towards the BLU af Hat/Body/Legs to TP in...Epona's Ring is nice as well if you have other DD jobs...

and from what I hear...the jp's <3 macc swords :)
 Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer
By Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer 2011-05-07 15:43:16  
Lakshmi.Galith said:
Lakshmi.Fivestarplayer said:

Spinal Cleave.... Why are you able to break the 2nd dagger?!?!

SE's way to make your life miserable lol
 Ifrit.Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-05-07 15:48:47  
I will most certainly not be building an almace, as i'm working on Verethagna.

But i guess i'll make a STR and a M.acc sword ^^

Thanks for all the input guys
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-07 15:52:20  
str and macc?
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-05-07 16:03:10  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
BLU is about as fit as a RDM or SCH to heal. It can be done, but a WHM will do it better. It's already useful in lowman due to being a tank, a top DD, grellow proc, stun, and self sufficient. all wrapped up in 1 little package. As for gear suggestions, get an Almace or WoE sword for weapons. If that's a tad too ambitious, start making magian swords. Armor wise... AF3 for TP, Loki's body for WS, twilight belt, Aias Bonnet, etc. Pretty self explanatory.
I disagree. WHM is a better healer I don't dispute that, but if you gear for it, with atmas BLU can heal pretty effectively. Plenilune Embrace is basically Cure IV.5, and we can use Cure IV right afterwards if /WHM, making for easier cure bombing. Depending on the fight, I can see a BLU mainhealing fairly reliably.
so.... you agree with me then? Cause you pretty much said the same thing I did. BLU can do it, but WHM > all.

also for the love of god don't do a M.Acc sword.... do a bloody DA Khanda instead. Or snag an isador off Isgebind... anything but a damn M.Acc sword.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-07 16:05:07  
well you said about as fit as rdm or sch, when it's more like whm > blu > everything else. that's probably what he meant.
 Carbuncle.Aeonknight
By Carbuncle.Aeonknight 2011-05-07 16:23:44  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
well you said about as fit as rdm or sch, when it's more like whm > blu > everything else. that's probably what he meant.
true. Either way, probably better to leave it to the WHM. We can be useful elsewhere.
 Ifrit.Jynxy
By Ifrit.Jynxy 2011-05-08 08:48:54  
Shiva.Khimaira said:
BLU is about as fit as a RDM or SCH to heal. It can be done, but a WHM will do it better. It's already useful in lowman due to being a tank, a top DD, grellow proc, stun, and self sufficient. all wrapped up in 1 little package. As for gear suggestions, get an Almace or WoE sword for weapons. If that's a tad too ambitious, start making magian swords. Armor wise... AF3 for TP, Loki's body for WS, twilight belt, Aias Bonnet, etc. Pretty self explanatory.
so.... you agree with me then? Cause you pretty much said the same thing I did. BLU can do it, but WHM > all.

also for the love of god don't do a M.Acc sword.... do a bloody DA Khanda instead. Or snag an isador off Isgebind... anything but a damn M.Acc sword.

What's wrong with a M.acc sword? I'm sorry i don't see the flaw in the logic
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-05-08 08:54:36  
Thread title made me think of WoW.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-05-08 09:12:58  
Ifrit.Jynxy said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:

What's wrong with a M.acc sword? I'm sorry i don't see the flaw in the logic

WHY do you want a macc sword?
Never even occured to me to make one, if I need macc that badly I'll just equip a staff.
 Cerberus.Valmur
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2011-05-08 09:16:13  
The same reason blus make the INT/MAB swords for CW...yet jupiter staff would destroy those swords...but do people listen? nope
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-08 09:17:18  
lol @ the flawed logic that sch isnt a great healer up in this thread :(

making baby jesus cry