New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » dumb question about amber light
dumb question about amber light
 Shiva.Thebasicbeat
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Thebasicbeat 2011-05-03 00:05:27  
So I started working on my mules curing staff and on the 50 dmg light on beasts. I figured I'd go to Tahrongi and farm some KI while I was at it on WAR using Seraph Blade. First I went to the Jaguarundi and didn't get amber, then to the manticores and same thing. read up on wiki that Seraph Blade isn't an amber light ws, so figured I'd bring my gimpy SAM since Koki was listed on there. Same thing, no amber lights. Thought maybe somehow those 2 mobs don't give amber, so tried a Pachypodium which I swore I've seen giving amber lights back in the day when people xp'd on them. No amber.

So question, is there a comprehensive list of ws that give amber or did I happen to pick three mobs that don't give amber light?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-03 00:12:55  
A lot of mobs in Tahrongi don't give amber.. I think theres only like two. Better off going to the sandworms and building it on them.
 Shiva.Thebasicbeat
By Shiva.Thebasicbeat 2011-05-03 00:14:50  
ahhh poo
thanks for the info
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-03 00:15:04  
i usually do amber on bhumis and turtles.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-05-03 00:16:09  
Baby faf's also give amber

And yes u picked mobs that don't
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-05-03 00:17:46  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
A lot of mobs in Tahrongi don't give amber.. I think theres only like two. Better off going to the sandworms and building it on them.

Sandworms and Thalassions are the only non-NMs that amber.

Many mobs don't ruby either.
 Asura.Backstab
サーバ: Asura
user: backstab
By Asura.Backstab 2011-05-03 00:22:02  
U should just build amber on bhumis and clinoids and then kill mobs that are easy to kill or dont hit hard.
[+]
 Shiva.Thebasicbeat
By Shiva.Thebasicbeat 2011-05-03 00:27:47  
eh, it was more of a "while i have to do this trial" thing. Two birds with one stone, etc...I'll probably just do a different zone. Didn't realize that one was that amber unfriendly.
 Ifrit.Arawn
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-05-03 01:17:17  
Its not really that unfriendly. You just have to know the mobs to get it on. This is where the list of amber proc-able mobs comes in handy.
 Ragnarok.Fabiano
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: fabiano
By Ragnarok.Fabiano 2011-05-03 01:19:54  
or get a clear abyssite and amber a few VNM T1 .
[+]
 Lakshmi.Odude
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: tdh004
By Lakshmi.Odude 2011-05-03 02:20:55  
I've done a fair bit of Amber Farming in Tahrongi recently for Chloris pops.

What we do is walk over to Efts and keep killing the NM that drops Quivering Eft Egg for lights. A few Tier I VNMs wander over there as well, so we kill 6 or 7 with Azure, mix in Pearl on the VNMs, and then do some Amber before we head to Turtles. While we're building Amber on Turtles we camp Chukwa for the key item.

If you have the useful Atmas, a puller, and a healer, you can spam Cataclysm on coeurls by Conflux 6. I usually go MNK for tanking Chloris, but I'd rather do Cata-spam on WAR due to Retaliation.
By Fodder 2011-05-04 12:08:31  
You might consider bookmarking this
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Abyssea_Lights

I don't know what you have at your disposal, but my group would generally go WAR NIN mains, WHM WHM BLM mules. I'd Sanguine Blade amber on turtles and then swap to pearl while the nin worked on azure/pearl on mandies while popping the mandie NM. Once the NIN finished mandie NMs he'd come over and get his claims on Chukwa. After that we'd move to the Limules and such to pop those NMs since the hecteye KI was the most work. After hecteye NMs were done we'd go around and pop the remaining NMs you need to finish sets you didn't get from boxes.

We did try some Shocking Whisker and Cleave burns on bats and scorpions, but too many ppl are doing that so it ends up being slower. Half the time someone gets pissed off and it turns into a pissing contest. There are hardly ever people at the assorted mobs for the hecteye NM so it worked well for us.
[+]