users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Issue with Fishing
Issue with Fishing
 Asura.Joslyn
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Joslyn
By Asura.Joslyn 2011-05-02 01:14:50  
My roommate is having this issue and were both really sick of it.

After she gets about 3-5 pull ins from fishing it starts to give her the "You didn't catch anything " message for the rest of the time, this goes on for quite a bit, she did it 20 times in a row and continually got the message, she hasn't hit the 200 limit nor is her character new, this has been happening for the past year now and its starting to annoy her, we did the file scan to see if there was a bad sector but nothing was wrong, she has tried this on different systems(ps2,ps3,360 and pc).
Now she stops fishing for sometime and then trys to start up again and the same thing happens, It also doesn't matter were it is any zone any place anytime,Also her character is over lvl 20 so the fishing fatigue thing is not a factor. On my end everything is fine so either its her character all together or something in the .dat files that is cutting out causing this.

If anyone has any idea or has had the same thing please file us in on what you did to fix this issue

Thank You
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [87 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Ceolwulf
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Ceolwulf
By Carbuncle.Ceolwulf 2011-07-27 13:53:34  
I was getting the same issue. Pulled in 5 stacks of nebimonites skilling up and then couldn't get any more.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-07-27 14:28:23  
The only way to tell if you truly can not catch anything more is trying a different fishing spot entirely. If your fishing and you suddenly just end up not being able to catch anything for awhile take a few min and get on the ferry with a shrimp lure, minnow, fresh bait, or something. Fish a bit and see if you catch anything.

Sometimes, depending on the season of the game year/weather, there are just periods where it is extremely lame fishing as you get nothing at all on the line. It feels like something is wrong but really its just bad timing. Also the game does this to everyone. It isn't the fatigue system that is your fish cap, it is like a challenge to stay with it and not give up. Maybe this is to make it feel more like fishing does, I'm not sure exactly.

It is possible where you can reach the hard cap without catching the maximum amount of fish, but this doesn't apply to you unless your getting lucky and catching a ton a fish an hour. In this case the server flags you and you cant catch anything anymore for the day. It depends on the fish and area your fishing though, and doesn't apply to all areas.
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2011-07-27 14:31:50  
Well, it wont matter now since this is a 3 month necro....but characters less than a certain age will hit fatigue in 5 fish. I think you need to be 90 days in to not hit fatigue super early.