users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Oirandori
Oirandori
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-04-29 11:51:43  
I still use Hochomasamune and Kamome, but I don't really even like ninja.

I have nothing to add, but I do enjoy math.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:52:20  
Orthrus• sorry auto was on
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:54:28  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Will pay anything for this on Bahamut server! 0/8 with full TH and blue proc.
I took my THF TH6 and got it up to TH9 after a few SA's and Rudras Storm
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 11:57:18  
BorealisV2 said:
Fenrir.Viperouskaos said:
BorealisV2 said:
BorealisV2 said:
Kamome is better in Abyssea.
And why do you think Kamome is better? I honestly think party's plus a solo NIN will benefit more from Oirandori...

The crit damage+ on Kamome beats out all other offhands considering the amount you crit. It's just simple math, bro.
Thats a Negative, besides the stats on Oirandori why would SE give you a battle trophy 2 and make this NM spawn as a T3 Gobbie and make him "90%" as he gets closer to death Kamome is just so easy to get ad I disagree with your post...

So it's harder to get, therefore it's better?

No comment.
I am not saying that read first open thread comment again thats what I am saying and you saying Kamome is better with no math is better.... No comment on that again.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 12:00:41  
BorealisV2 said:
ITT: Ignore math, become an awesome NIN.
LMAO good one, "Haters gonna Hate?"
By BorealisV2 2011-04-29 12:01:11  
People be derping all up in this thread.
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-29 12:04:41  

As I said before a party will benefit more from lowering Crit Eva and a solo NIN will benefit from tool expertise/Crit Eva down

If your party NEEDS that crit eva down....then yeah>.> Inside abyssea most jobs should be pretty close to crit cap even without the crit eva down, so I don't really think a "party" use is a valid excuse, maybe outside abyssea I could see, but not inside.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 12:06:42  
Ragnarok.Raizell said:
i might be the only poor NIN here so i have to mention this, Yonin + Oirandori = almost 100% proc Ninja tool Expertise, i spammed Migawari fighting glavoid, checked inventory when done, used 7 shihei and 1 Shikanofuda, that was first time i noticed it, went to test it outside abyssea skilling ninjutsu, had 30 tsurara, casted 70 hyotons and had 7 tsurara left
This is exactly what I mean saving a little Gil and Tools is always welcomed for the serious NIN that actually buys and uses tools so many Nins don't even use tools and thier Ninjitu skill is gimp as hell and won't land one debuf glad to hear your using your Nin's full potential buddy^^. /Praise
By BorealisV2 2011-04-29 12:07:53  
Saving gil =/= being a good NIN
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-29 12:09:18  
Ragnarok.Raizell said:
i might be the only poor NIN here so i have to mention this, Yonin + Oirandori = almost 100% proc Ninja tool Expertise, i spammed Migawari fighting glavoid, checked inventory when done, used 7 shihei and 1 Shikanofuda, that was first time i noticed it, went to test it outside abyssea skilling ninjutsu, had 30 tsurara, casted 70 hyotons and had 7 tsurara left
This is exactly what I mean saving a little Gil and Tools is always welcomed for the serious NIN that actually buys and uses tools so many Nins don't even use tools and thier Ninjitu skill is gimp as hell and won't land one debuf glad to hear your using your Nin's full potential buddy^^. /Praise

Implying gil is hard to make nowadays, if you're so worried about saving gil and ***and willing to gimp yourself in order to get that, Quit NIN and level another job.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 12:11:35  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Ragnarok.Raizell said:

Implying gil is hard to make nowadays, if you're so worried about saving gil and ***and willing to gimp yourself in order to get that, Quit NIN and level another job.
lol look me up mojo I got pleanty Gil and if your talking ***about a Katana you don't have I suggest you quit NIN!
 Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-04-29 12:12:50  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
you should use kogara, because it's level 90 and oirandori is only level 89. therefore, it is clearly better.
Lol Your Joking I hope^^

Obviously lol but you said essentially the same thing: "harder nm = better weapon" same concept.

And like someone else said most exp type mobs are gunna die to fast for the katana's effect to even proc. On harder NMs like orthrus, etc. most of your dmg comes from ws's, which imo kamome is better for since your crit rate should be close to cap and you dont have to wait for a proc from it to actually make it useful.

As for the NTE, if you're that cheap, just play mnk lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-29 12:15:46  

] lol look me up mojo I got pleanty Gil and if your talking ***about a Katana you don't have I suggest you quit NIN!

Im not the one defending a katana I spent so much time getting, only to have a bunch of people tell me how useless it is and how another katana (easier to get, even) is better all-around (Save a few situations, I guess)

Edit: Also, if you have plenty of gil, why are you so concerned with saving gil while playing NIN properly?
 Leviathan.Novax
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-04-29 12:21:08  
Gimp/Misinformed/wtf
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 12:22:09  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

] lol look me up mojo I got pleanty Gil and if your talking ***about a Katana you don't have I suggest you quit NIN!

Im not the one defending a katana I spent so much time getting, only to have a bunch of people tell me how useless it is and how another katana (easier to get, even) is better all-around (Save a few situations, I guess)

Edit: Also, if you have plenty of gil, why are you so concerned with saving gil while playing NIN properly?
Lol I spent way more time getting Kanaggi word up. If you read open statement on first page ita talkin bout the benefits from Oirandori thats it and also my new off hand everyone is trying to make me follow thier theory Kamome is better lol what ever floats thier boot. Oriandori is what I choose to use and I had a large selection of Katanas....
 Leviathan.Novax
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-04-29 12:23:22  
You have a large selection of words, and you fail at choosing the right ones there too.
[+]
 Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-04-29 12:24:15  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

Lol I spent way more time getting Kanaggi word up. If you read open statement on first page ita talkin bout the benefits from Oirandori thats it and also my new off hand everyone is trying to make me follow thier theory Kamome is better lol what ever floats thier boot. Oriandori is what I choose to use and I had a large selection of Katanas....

The fact that you even considered Kogara and Twilight Knife as potential weapons shows you dont know what youre talking about and that Kanaagi deserves to go to someone else lol
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 12:26:14  
Leviathan.Novax said:
You have a large selection of words, and you fail at choosing the right ones there too.
Lol that came from Leftfield? sidebust? What's your point here?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-29 12:27:12  

I got a Kannagi and I'm one the many people out there who thinks they're special and that proper math/etc don't apply to me, so I'm right because I can't even grasp what im saying and my Kannagi is crying because I suck
[+]
 Caitsith.Crunkie
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-04-29 12:30:37  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

If you don't wanna hear wtf we have to say, don't start a thread asking for opinions of others then when the majority says it fails defend yourself. Accept the fact and quit gimping yourself.

Edit: Now please stfu.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 12:31:28  
2 brews 2 without <no brew were fails> and 1/4 trying to get this, I just obtained Oirandori a few nights ago the Proc rate on Additional effect:
Lowers enemy critical hit evasion is really nice so is animation and you Crit every hit not only you but your party members will also Crit hit! Ninja Tool Expertise-(NTE) is an added bonus and it proc'ed often for me also, after 3 hours of farming webs and killing Athamas to keep lights caped for TE's I only used 13(Shihei)Tools my "NTE" is fully merited it could have been luck but I was sure keeping track! All in All this will be my new Off Hand it WINS for me hands down the day before we killed Hadhayosh and the party was Criting also. Note: I have Hochomasamune, Kamome, Kogara and Twilight Knife. I am still doing homework on this Katana I don't understand why Dex is on this katana but from most weapons that stat bonus usually is the modifier right...? I don't know %'age on any of stats on katana but they seem high Thoughts from my fellow "iNiN's"!!PRZ POST
 Caitsith.Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-04-29 12:33:34  
I am a useless tool and this katana is better I don't care what anybody says it was hard for me to get.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viperouskaos
By Fenrir.Viperouskaos 2011-04-29 12:35:07  
Caitsith.Crunkie said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

If you don't wanna hear wtf we have to say, don't start a thread asking for opinions of others then when the majority says it fails defend yourself. Accept the fact and quit gimping yourself.

Edit: Now please stfu.
So I asked for %'age on the added affect on Oirandori and everyone that don't have either Kannagi or Oirandori is jumping in here talking ***that's funny If your willing to give input then do so if not then you STFU!
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-29 12:37:38  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

/flame off

Forget the haters. Enjoy playing your game your way. Everything is situational. I would have to agree if you're fighting something that you're only ws on then the other katana sounds better. But keep in mind Abyssea isn't the only thing going on in the game. I spend about 10% of my time in Abyssea currently. Gratz on the hard earned katana and enjoy saving some cash!

/flame on
[+]
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-04-29 12:40:20  
So I asked for %'age on the added affect on Oirandori and everyone that don't have either Kannagi or Oirandori is jumping in here talking ***that's funny If your willing to give input then do so if not then you STFU!

What does having a Kannagi have to do with anything about Oirandori? It was already said the proc rate was 10~20%. You also said that Oirandori *WINS* for you, as your offhand weapon, which isn't true. It may be in your mind but it's not, infact, it's doing little to nothing for you in terms of an off-hand weapon where Kamome was stated is obviously better for you to use. Then you went on to say "It works better for me and my party" Which isn't true, at all. We're giving input based on what you said in the OP, you just don't want to hear it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-04-29 12:40:50  
I don't have Kannagi, which has nothing to do with this *** that you are asking about Oirandori, and yes I have a character with this *** katana. You are a dipshit and another band *** wagon NIN that picked the easiest *** emp to get, here let me go triobox my own Kannagi in a week and I'll be super *** cool like you. Everybody in this damn thread has already pointed out this katana is situational and if you are poor or doing things solo you might benefit from it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-04-29 12:41:18  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:

What does having a Kannagi have to do with anything about Oirandori? It was already said the proc rate was 10~20%. You also said that Oirandori *WINS* for you, as your offhand weapon, which isn't true. It may be in your mind but it's not, infact, it's doing little to nothing for you in terms of an off-hand weapon where Kamome was stated is obviously better for you to use. Then you went on to say "It works better for me and my party" Which isn't true, at all. We're giving input based on what you said in the OP, you just don't want to hear it.

^