Ninja Fire Resist / MdT Set.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja Fire Resist / MdT set.
Ninja Fire Resist / MdT set.
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-04-25 23:09:04  
I need some ninja's to come together and make the best Fire/MdT resist set. Can include anything but the trial weapons.
 Caitsith.Loughry
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Loughry
By Caitsith.Loughry 2011-04-25 23:19:15  

Well you asked for the best, I think this is the current maximum excluding augmented gear for NIN.

This should put Fire resist at 205 in gear.

Happy hunting.
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-04-25 23:21:45  
I want to keep my katana's out while fighting but thats really nice Im very happy about the quick response :)!

Just curious could you also make the ultimate one even with impossible gear including trial weapons?
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2011-04-25 23:22:47  
Pimp your gear

Selecting Ninja and Fire resistance as my single stat I got +205. I'm sure not all the gear is exactly easy to obtain, but you can alter each slot and it will calculate for you.

Edit: Loughry beat me to it
 Bahamut.Wakabo
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2011-04-25 23:22:48  
Narigitsune
 Caitsith.Loughry
By Caitsith.Loughry 2011-04-25 23:33:24  
Ifrit.Therealchibo said:
I want to keep my katana's out while fighting but thats really nice Im very happy about the quick response :)!

Just curious could you also make the ultimate one even with impossible gear including trial weapons?

Well, the earrings aren't exactly easy to come by, at least not on Caitsith. The rings are even more so hard to come by. As for weapons, these technically give more fire resist than Neptune's staff. Probably not worth the effort of losing your current higher level katanas, but there you go.

Also, I don't believe there are any Magian paths that give an elemental resistance, just magic defense bonus/magic evasion.
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2011-04-25 23:35:53  
Caitsith.Loughry said:
Also, I don't believe there are any Magian paths that give an elemental resistance, just magic defense bonus/magic evasion.

I believe STR katanas would give fire resistance as well.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-25 23:36:29  
What is this for if I may ask?
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-25 23:36:49  
Sylph.Decimus said:
Caitsith.Loughry said:

wat?
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-04-25 23:38:02  
Wow guys/girls this really helps a lot I share my thanks to everyone!!!
 Caitsith.Loughry
By Caitsith.Loughry 2011-04-25 23:40:12  
Sylph.Decimus said:
Caitsith.Loughry said:

Unless katanas are special, STR dagger doesn't give any fire resistance.
 Caitsith.Loughry
By Caitsith.Loughry 2011-04-25 23:41:06  
Leviathan.Draylo said:

NIN+RDM duo on Tiamat most likely. It's the new thing.
 Sylph.Decimus
By Sylph.Decimus 2011-04-25 23:41:56  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Sylph.Decimus said:
Caitsith.Loughry said:

wat?

Whoops, only give resistance up until trial 594.
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-04-25 23:42:29  
No I don't need Tiamat not worth my time atm. I only wanted it to see how could it could get.
 Caitsith.Loughry
By Caitsith.Loughry 2011-04-25 23:44:38  
Ah, well I only said that because THF+RDM duo on Tiamat sounds like fun and I'm currently wanting to try it. However, my set only has 130 Fire resist without using Neptune's. Missing Flame sachet and some HQ stuffs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-25 23:46:58  
Light path elemental katana has meva+16, which would be equivalent to a universal resist +16. That or water path katana (MDB) would be useful for this.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2011-04-26 09:59:13  
i would possibly go with this...

dark rings x2 with Mag Dmg Taken -6% each.
sekka+2 having Magic Evasion or MDB

brings total to:
Magic Dmg Taken -24%
Fire Resist +147

if you are tanking something that requires a Fire Resist, I would assume you will have a WHM for Shell and Barfira and possibly a BRD for Fire Carol 2. If the current formula hold true, and your WHm is capped on Enhancing Magic Skill, then Barfira will grant +83 resist (with AF2 on), and I'm not sure what Fire Carol 2 gives, but Carol 1 with +2 instrument gives +50 for...

Magic Dmg Taken - 24% (-50% with Capped Shell Merits)
and Fire Resist +280

hope this helps
 Phoenix.Deboro
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Deboro
By Phoenix.Deboro 2011-04-26 10:11:25  
Btw if you have ever used a fire resist set for things like tiamat back in the day, Pure fire + is better then trying to mix MDT MDB and Fire +. MDT caps at 50% so it wont be much help anyways, with enough resist you take 0, and MDB is basically useless.

Go Pure fire or dont make the set, the fist set that was posted minus the staff if you want to keep weapons + Barfira and Carol you will take 0 damage from anything in the game.

If your not using this on tiamat wtf is it for? Things like Cerb / Orthus dont need fire sets : /
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-26 10:23:38  
Phoenix.Deboro said:
Pure fire + is better then trying to mix MDT MDB and Fire +.
This is only true if you need the additional resist+ to maximize your resist rate. If you're consistently resisting for 1/16 damage with less than full resist gear there's no point in adding more.
By AsuraVanzan 2011-04-26 11:29:18  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
If not Tiamet, maybe Brulo (vnm Ifrit)?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kataro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kataro
By Cerberus.Kataro 2011-04-28 00:40:00  
http://rukenshin.livejournal.com/14854.html#cutid1

This blog has all you need in gear. Rest to get you to cap is done from mages, and you are still functional as a tank, at least /drk. Now that is nerfed there is no telling. add what you dont get from staff in gear and you will be ok I think.

All you need is 150 in gear, Whm with capped enhancing, and af2 body + Blessed briault gives 123 fire resist, brd would finish off the rest needed to hit the 300 cap. Back when i was in a HNMLS and was tanking tiamat i would on average take 0-20 damage from blasts in the air, and firagas weren't an issue. If you are over 300 w/ gear and mage buffs you can add some more -mdt to your build. Abyssea changes all these rules as far as I have seen though.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nexxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-04-28 02:23:07  
/rdm also ? MDB II - Fast Cast II
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-04-28 03:40:32  
Honestly I know this may sound dumb but I was doing sky NM's on ninja/dancer recently and the only NM I wasn't able to kill solo was Suzy. So thus the fire resist set. Lol right? Next to impossible kirin solo? on NIN! lol
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-05-07 18:21:42  
Cerberus.Kataro said:
http://rukenshin.livejournal.com/14854.html#cutid1

This blog has all you need in gear. Rest to get you to cap is done from mages, and you are still functional as a tank, at least /drk. Now that is nerfed there is no telling. add what you dont get from staff in gear and you will be ok I think.

All you need is 150 in gear, Whm with capped enhancing, and af2 AF2 PANTS + Blessed briault gives 123 fire resist, brd would finish off the rest needed to hit the 300 cap. Back when i was in a HNMLS and was tanking tiamat i would on average take 0-20 damage from blasts in the air, and firagas weren't an issue. If you are over 300 w/ gear and mage buffs you can add some more -mdt to your build. Abyssea changes all these rules as far as I have seen though.

ftfy =)
 Odin.Upbeat
サーバ: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-09 09:02:07  
Ifrit.Therealchibo said:
Honestly I know this may sound dumb but I was doing sky NM's on ninja/dancer recently and the only NM I wasn't able to kill solo was Suzy. So thus the fire resist set. Lol right? Next to impossible kirin solo? on NIN! lol
How did you handle Seiryu? I can do all the other 3 gods, and all the other NMs fairly easy using NIN/DNC or /RDM. Seiryu is the only NM I haven't killed solo in sky.(Aside from Kirin of course)

Just keep HP up and spam meds non-stop? I've actually only tried two or three times, but if it wasn't para that killed me it was Radiant Breath. I think I died at around 50~60% on all the tries.

Btw I have a video of me soloing Suzaku on 85NIN/RDM, if you wanted to figure out how to do it w/o a real fire resist set. I would post it in this comment, but I'm a school and youtube is blocked.