Blue Mage soloing
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-07 07:54:05  
Mai visto un solo commento lolrdm al 75. Piuttosto li si vede oggi al 90 e certo non per gelosia.

Edit: rocking new page in italian!
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 08:00:35  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Starkzz said: »
You don't see it, but I'm explaining to you exactly how it's superior. I also specifically said that I switch between TP and EVA based on my comfort level at the time. P.S.: BLU did it faster at 75 too.
Oh, I see it at lv75, but not now. RDM has huge nuke gears to their arsenal, a higher teir spell and good refresh capabilities, I just don't see losing now. I don't know exactly, but a decent dark builded bio III+poi II would be very nice also.
A max Bio III + Poison II is 20/tic. At lv90 Disseverment is 21/tic, 22 at 95. If you want, we can add COld Wave as well for another 21/tic. Blizzard IV is far more inefficient a damage source as compared to 800~1000 sanguine blades at probably at least 3 for every 2 blizzard IVs, if not a bit more.

I would enjoy watching a video of you solo'ing this, mainly seeing how fast you would get TP etc and the time it would actually take
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 08:01:37  
You don't see it, but I'm explaining to you exactly how it's superior. I also specifically said that I switch between TP and EVA based on my comfort level at the time. P.S.: BLU did it faster at 75 too.
Oh, I see it at lv75, but not now. RDM has huge nuke gears to their arsenal, a higher teir spell and good refresh capabilities, I just don't see losing now. I don't know exactly, but a decent dark builded bio III+poi II would be very nice also.
A max Bio III + Poison II is 20/tic. At lv90 Disseverment is 21/tic, 22 at 95. If you want, we can add COld Wave as well for another 21/tic. Blizzard IV is far more inefficient a damage source as compared to 800~1000 sanguine blades at probably at least 3 for every 2 blizzard IVs, if not a bit more.

I would enjoy watching a video of you solo'ing this, mainly seeing how fast you would get TP etc and the time it would actually take

Fine, however for my effort I would expect proof from you in return. Otherwise you can forget it, I'm not working to appease someone who has no intentions of backing up their own claims.
 Asura.Erics
サーバ: Asura
user: Erics
By Asura.Erics 2011-09-07 08:02:19  
Bahamut.Aeronis said: »
Asura.Erics said: »
Okay, Draylo. Here is one for you, my BLU's TP set is missing Fortitude torque due to me not ever caring about a sea LS back in the day or caring to do sea at all except for Rajas... So! Chances of being able to solo Jailer of Fortitude? I have the same eva set as you, all spells, etc. So I should be set with any strat. you think would work best, if it is even possible. The only downside I can think of is the two adds it spawns with.. :\ I would try it without a doubt if it was only 1 add.
Don't get Fort Torque, Rancor or Wivre with Crit +2 will do better.

You won't always want to be TPing in Rancor, and Crit+2 wivre is incredibly uncommon. Fort torque is just fine.

For Fort itself: I do it on BLU/NIN. You can just deaggro the adds. Mysterious Light helps but isn't required, with it I can usually deaggro them before I get out of the aern room in fort's tower. The fight itself isn't too complex, I just straight tank it with a mix of EVA and normal TP sets depending on how safe I feel at the time (usually EVA), keeping cocoon up for rogue Vorpal Blades (but these shouldn't be hitting you all that often) and liberal use of Actinic Burst to get Ichi up if he's being a ***. Keeping Filamented hold up on him is also a major plus, and MP Drainkiss to provide some extra MP gain is very helpful.

For damage, Sanguine Blade and Disseverment poison are your only really good sources. A well geared SB should take 3-4% off of his HP.

Hope that helps.

That does help. Thank you, sir.
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 08:02:48  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Mai visto un solo commento lolrdm al 75. Piuttosto li si vede oggi al 90 e certo non per gelosia. Edit: rocking new page in italian!

I have, honestly
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-09-07 08:05:19  
Nitpick, Poison II is 11/tick with +2 body.

Rdm is good for soloing one on one safely. and by safely I mean slower.

Also why was FC/cast time reduction not accounted for if it matters.
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 08:06:54  
Fine, however for my effort I would expect proof from you in return. Otherwise you can forget it, I'm not working to appease someone who has no intentions of backing up their own claims.

Fair enough I suppose, as said previously I don't have the means to do so. I wasn't gonna compare the time it takes you to a time I'll tell you that I did anyways, or anything like that. Mainly interested in how fast TP is accumilated and how effectively you actually switch between EVA/TP
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-07 08:15:38  

Fair enough I suppose, as said previously I don't have the means to do so. I wasn't gonna compare the time it takes you to a time I'll tell you that I did anyways, or anything like that. Mainly interested in how fast TP is accumilated and how effectively you actually switch between EVA/TP
Then ----------------------->

Noone wants to hear your unsupported *** if you can't back it up when we have both irrefutable evidence and more than 1 capable blu who is more than willing to provide a video of it in exchange for one from the opposite party.

[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-09-07 08:16:29  
Not like RDM was _ever_ famous for soloing stuff _FAST_ were they? lol
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 08:16:33  
so mad bro
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 08:17:41  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

Usually a solo of any kind wasn't fast as such
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 08:20:12  
Well, I say any kind.. I should rephrase: a solo noteworthy
 Phoenix.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-09-07 08:20:17  
before you joined brix on asura your rdm had absolutely nothing noteworthy, i find it hard to believe you soloed anything other than despot
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 08:20:22  
What you want doesn't require a whole video to express, it's simple game mechanics.

@Neisan: It would be impossible for me to apply as I don't know what gear I'm meant to be applying on top of the traits. Base values are easier and can be managed on a person by person basis.
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2011-09-07 08:20:52  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »

Usually a solo of any kind wasn't fast as such

I disagree!

Edit: Damnit, too slow :(
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 08:26:46  
Phoenix.Fondue said: »
before you joined brix on asura your rdm had absolutely nothing noteworthy, i find it hard to believe you soloed anything other than despot

Not only was that a fair while ago, I had the average gear that got the job done, that is to say: Dchap, Dtap, an average enfeeb set, a good SS mnd build and FC/haste for utsu. Only thing I got out of brix was dalm, lolz
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 08:28:02  
Phoenix.Fondue said: »

Not only was that a fair while ago, I had the average gear that got the job done, that is to say: Dchap, Dtap, an average enfeeb set, a good SS mnd build and FC/haste for utsu. Only thing I got out of brix was dalm, lolz

No morrigans? *** horrible RDM, wow what a gimp.

._.
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 08:30:26  
I got it before it got super cheap at least - you don't even have one now, I really wouldn't comment
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 08:31:23  
Yeah, mostly 'cause it's not enough of an upgrade to be arsed.
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 08:32:42  
Yeah, mostly 'cause it's not enough of an upgrade to be arsed.

;(
By Starkzz 2011-09-07 08:33:23  
I hope the salv augs beg you to differ, truly
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 08:34:44  
If it becomes worth it I'll do it, until then I'll deal with what I have. The difference between Morrigan's and Estoqueuer+2 isn't going to shave off >9000 dmg from a Blizzard I assure you.
 Asura.Kese
サーバ: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-09-07 08:35:49  
wait people use rdm to nuke?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-07 08:37:16  
Asura.Kese said: »
wait people use rdm to nuke?
I've seen pld tanks, everything's possible.
[+]
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-07 08:46:10  
With all the right gear, what kind of damage can you see blue producing with its spells against JoF ?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 08:47:27  
As I said, 600-800 with Regurg, others I'm not sure. Only one I'd use is Grudge tbh, and its damage would be higher than that for sure. Dark Orb will make it even better.

Edit: Grudge should be about 1400~1800, Dark Orb only 50~80 less. Mind Blast would be another 800~ if I cared enough.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-07 09:21:09  
As I said, 600-800 with Regurg, others I'm not sure. Only one I'd use is Grudge tbh, and its damage would be higher than that for sure. Dark Orb will make it even better. Edit: Grudge should be about 1400~1800, Dark Orb only 50~80 less. Mind Blast would be another 800~ if I cared enough.
How much MP is dark orb? Also what kind of combination of spells would you actually have set?

I think tp+spells blue has rdm kiting easily beat but spell vs spell it might just depend on what your strat of spells is going to be, which is why im curious, if you dont mind.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 09:28:17  
Dark Orb is 123 MP. Would have some nukes and disseverment, auto refresh, MAB, the essentials. Any leftover points go toward stat boosts.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-09-07 09:45:23  
Dark Orb is 123 MP. Would have some nukes and disseverment
I was actually hoping some kind of list or comparison list like you provided the first time to get an idea.

Wiki doesnt have anything for Dark orb(timers etc) and I honestly dont know enough about Blue to make any educated guesses to what the ideal setup would be. Just from the looks of it, Regurg seems to be the best damage/mp/time spell bang for buck kind of scenerio, but I could be wrong. Which was why I was asking ._.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-09-07 09:48:07  
Regurgitation primarily, dark orb and everyone's grudge supplemental. Disseverment for the DoT.
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 ... 15 16 17