Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-05-16 20:26:07  
Oh you were BLU/DRK? Interesting. o.o

***, I would page the whole discussion. :x

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
I swapped between a hybrid and full eva set for when I was terrorized.

My MDT set was:

Not the best as its more for Shell V.

Ghetto macc set:

Atma used was MM, RR and Merciless Matriarch for Macc/FC but could probably swap that out for a different atma if you have decent enough MACC gear in addition to ascetics drink. I only got one resist on a stun through the fight, so I made sure I had Temp shift set in case of an emergency as Sudden Lunge and HB are not reliable at all (don't even think they work). The strategy? Just watch the video, it pretty much shows you everything I did, just make sure to watch it highest quality to see everything.

It's basically stun any spell and DD him down. Make sure you stand on his side so you avoid Plague Swipe (will wipe occultation and give nasty plague) and Lithic breath. On the side he will do Thunderstrike, Tourbillion (wings break really fast so this isn't an issue), Dread Storm. Dread and Thunderstrike are magical so I swapped into MDT set and used Magic Barrier. Also you can use Last Resort and Arcana Killer.
 Ragnarok.Stiel
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-05-16 22:32:09  
oww you were /drk O.o yeah,i noticed hb and sudden lunge suck many times,never got why,since blu should be stun king bah.so basically you should use stun spell subbing drk hmm,but he should start resist after aa few tho,gotta stack a whole chunk of macc
 Ragnarok.Stiel
user: Stiel
By Ragnarok.Stiel 2012-05-16 22:40:06  
lol its amazing how he didnt resisted none of the stuns bah
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-05-17 04:31:37  
Ramuh.Laffter said: »

Sudden lunge doesn't work, that's probably why. Also seen NIN/DRK soloed it before.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-05-18 00:24:32  
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Ramuh.Laffter said: »

Sudden lunge doesn't work, that's probably why. Also seen NIN/DRK soloed it before.

It doesn't, /drk just has more benefits like LR, Arcana Killer and Arcana Circle over just /blm
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-05-18 01:41:27  
Are you sure that he can use tourbillion? Yesterday the first we poped we didn't melee at all, holded it like 10 min turned and spaming bludgeon but the only tp moves he used were dreadstorm and tenebrous mist as always. He started to resist /blm stuns soon so didn't hold it anymore.
 Lakshmi.Alryc
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-05-18 12:31:42  
I think Tourbillion is useable only by Aht Urghan Khimaira or the Harpy mob in WoE (according to wiki, can't be learned from her.) I've yet to see Apa use it.

Other options: Old Nyzul Isle, Khimaira, Bellerophon's Bliss, Tyger, ToAU Mission 22 Shield of Diplomacy, Nemean Lion and maybe Einherjar.

My first attempt at Tourbillion was Shield of Diplomacy. Used it often but didn't learn so iono...Old Nyzul Isle is where I finally learned the spell but that requires 1. wasting tag(s) and 2. a lot of luck in getting the Khimaira boss.

Good luck!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-05-18 18:20:14  
I dunno, I just assumed it did. I learned mine from the FL assault.
 Carbuncle.Verina
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Verina
By Carbuncle.Verina 2012-06-08 13:25:49  
Figured this would be the best thread to ask this in.

Going for an Almace. In reading the threads around the forum it sounds like soloing Briareus/Sobek is more than possible on Blu. But I really want to avoid having to make a wind shikargar just to make another weapon.

If I were to pass on that, put together a Hybrid Eva/Haste set for Blu and solo that way would it still be effective and able to solo up to an 85 Almace on Blu? My blu is above decently geared otherwise. It seems like more than anything PDT/MDT needs to be up there above a "perfect" evade set.

I've also gathered /nin is the preferred solo choice? How would /dnc compare with an extra stun, evasion bonus 2, and reverse flourish?

I've also got these jobs as equally or better geared than the blu:

Dnc (Better)
Nin (equal to blu)(No Hi)
Bst (equal to blu)
Thf (slightly less than blu)

Thanks in advance.
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2012-06-08 13:36:44  
Carbuncle.Verina said: »

Going for an Almace. In reading the threads around the forum it sounds like soloing Briareus/Sobek is more than possible on Blu. But I really want to avoid having to make a wind shikargar just to make another weapon.

If I were to pass on that, put together a Hybrid Eva/Haste set for Blu and solo that way would it still be effective and able to solo up to an 85 Almace on Blu? My blu is above decently geared otherwise. It seems like more than anything PDT/MDT needs to be up there above a "perfect" evade set.

I've also gathered /nin is the preferred solo choice? How would /dnc compare with an extra stun, evasion bonus 2, and reverse flourish?

Dnc (Better)
Bst (equal to blu)

Thanks in advance.

Basically in the same exact boat as this guy except my only other option is THF which is just as good as my BLU, maybe a tiny bit better but the gap is slowly closing.

Interested in seeing the replies.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-06-08 14:09:24  
Quetzalcoatl.Krylon said: »
Carbuncle.Verina said: »

Dnc (Better)
Bst (equal to blu)

Thanks in advance.

Basically in the same exact boat as this guy except my only other option is THF which is just as good as my BLU, maybe a tiny bit better but the gap is slowly closing.

Interested in seeing the replies.

Just /nin and spam lunge. As long as you can do enough damage in between stuns you should be aight. Maybe set head butt in case you need need it. I doubt you'll have any problems. If you do go go diss kite o.O?!
 Asura.Tawhoya
サーバ: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2012-06-08 14:20:26  
I solod my KI as blu/pld using str and pdt shik and hybrid dd/eva gear. VV/RR/MM atma was what I used. /pld for procs and def measures and so I didn't have to wear a stupid hat as /war for sunburst. I died one time due to sudden lunge missing on ice gigas nm's ws. Over all easy, but I suggest shouting for a thf when fighting bri.

GL ^^
By sazael 2012-06-09 00:51:49  
Fenrir.Curty said: »
Bismarck.Tekumi said: »
Any of you solo sobek on blu before? Trying to finish 85 Almance and think it could be possible with a decent eva set.

Very simple with an eva set /nin or even a pdt set /rdm. I prefer minikin/gnarled/razed ruins spamming heavy strike and CA/effluxing quadratrike. Just make sure to keep hp near cap via white wind and sudden lunge his spells.
Seems pretty straight forward. Guess I'll have try sobek again. Didn't work out so well on nin/dnc. Maybe I'm overestimating him?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-10 06:46:47  
Avatar quest - Waking the Beast:

Final Fight:
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-06-11 06:53:04  
Has any tried to solo the WoTg mission Blood of heros on Blu? I'm tempted to give it a try just wondering if anyone has advice.
By kenshynofshiva 2012-06-11 07:46:51  
sazael said: »
Any of you solo sobek on blu before? Trying to finish 85 Almance and think it could be possible with a decent eva set.

Very simple with an eva set /nin or even a pdt set /rdm. I prefer minikin/gnarled/razed ruins spamming heavy strike and CA/effluxing quadratrike. Just make sure to keep hp near cap via white wind and sudden lunge his spells.
Seems pretty straight forward. Guess I'll have try sobek again. Didn't work out so well on nin/dnc. Maybe I'm overestimating him?

Make sure your HP stays high or he can one shot you from wiki damage dealt by Tyrant Tusk, HP food, gear and atmas (Atma of the Sanguine Scythe) are recommended for tanks. 2800 HP or higher is advisable to avoid K.O.

Stun Tyrant Tusk or keep hp high.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-12 13:11:09  
Soloing Sarameya path of ZNM:

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-12 16:19:13  
Item set I used for fire resist:

Wasn't able to get a few pieces to finish it out lol. Tarasque mitts/extra ruby ring or malflame ring.

Also used an enhancing set to gain an extra +5 fire resist,

Asura.Kenrusai
user: Starkzz
By Asura.Kenrusai 2012-06-12 22:42:09  
amg you finally did eeeeeeeeeeeet
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-06-13 00:06:25  
sazael said: »

It would be the timer on Violent Flourish more than anything else.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-13 09:45:16  
Tyger Path:

[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-20 06:54:59  
Tinnin Path:

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-20 07:00:09  
I wanna see you try Jormy O:
 Bismarck.Faelar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-06-20 07:29:35  
Very impressive Draylo!
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-20 18:12:41  
Thanks, yeah I'd like to try Tiamat/Jorm but I need to unlazy and find when they pop lol.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-20 18:15:51  
How easy is the KS99 wyrm now at 99? I definitely wouldn't mind tryin for the big gil involved. What kind of sets would I need to build?
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-20 18:17:00  
It's pretty easy, just have a hybrid evasion build and a hydbrid fire resist build (or just an -MDT set which is what I used).
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-20 18:18:45  
I have a decent MDT, guess I'll need to get cheetah pants for evade lol
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-20 18:19:43  
when doing the wyrm with LS, I got the sucker down from the sky REALLY damn easily, but I ran short on mp pretty quickly lol. Guess I'll have to man up, and give it a serious go
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-20 18:22:29  
If you don't wanna rely on meds you can set both Magic Hammer and MP drainkiss and practically never run out of MP.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17