WTF...... Why Is Migawari So Fast To Disappear!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » WTF...... Why is Migawari so fast to disappear!
WTF...... Why is Migawari so fast to disappear!
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-04-22 12:31:26  
I really hope they change Migawari to at least stay up long enough to be recast. Tack on at least 30 more seconds to that ***please!

I have had quite a few instances where trying to use Miga on mobs that can one shot me, and literally it wearing off about 3 chat log lines before the mob decides to use a 1 shot ability.

Also.....

Where the hell are the Ni-s!?!?
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 12:34:24  
Leviathan.Draugo said:
I really hope they change Migawari to at least stay up long enough to be recast. Tack on at least 30 more seconds to that ***please!

I have had quite a few instances where trying to use Miga on mobs that can one shot me, and literally it wearing off about 3 chat log lines before the mob decides to use a 1 shot ability.

Also.....

Well, regarding Migawari, there's this thing in games, it's called balance. You're essentially suggesting that a Ninja should remain effortlessly immune to any high-damage attack.
[+]
 Cerberus.Thejew
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Thejew
By Cerberus.Thejew 2011-04-22 12:34:25  
Doesn't it last for a minute? Recast isn't much longer than that. with haste it shouldn't be that bad at all, not from what I've noticed at least.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-22 12:35:22  
Cerberus.Thejew said:
Doesn't it last for a minute? Recast isn't much longer than that. with haste it shouldn't be that bad at all, not from what I've noticed at least.

1min duration, 2min recast before haste etc
 Bismarck.Nalien
サーバ: Bismarck
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2011-04-22 12:35:50  
Quote:
don't tp during downtimes if this is of any concern to you ?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2011-04-22 12:37:13  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Thejew said:

1min duration, 2min recast before haste etc

So marchx2, haste, and 15% or so haste and your golden. Bring back the olde days of brds.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-22 12:38:42  
What's a brd?
[+]
 Bismarck.Nalien
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2011-04-22 12:39:53  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
What's a brd?
idklol
 Cerberus.Thejew
By Cerberus.Thejew 2011-04-22 12:45:39  
lol even with 2 min recast, I can't see where I've ever had an issue with it. Stop dieing as much maybe?
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-22 12:45:54  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Leviathan.Draugo said:

Also.....

Well, regarding Migawari, there's this thing in games, it's called balance. You're essentially suggesting that a Ninja should remain effortlessly immune to any high-damage attack.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-22 13:06:56  
Really not that hard to manage the recast on it even without a bard unless the mob has regain...
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-22 13:11:43  
Turn around; don't feed TP when its down. Playing NIN is hard.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2011-04-22 13:37:03  
subtle blow atmas/gear is nice too
 Cerberus.Thejew
By Cerberus.Thejew 2011-04-22 13:37:32  
Srsbsns
Aside from that, What are you fighting that requires migawari to be up so often?
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-04-22 13:45:56  
someone can't keep their wood up. XD
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-04-22 15:43:19  
lol, I mostly have been trying to kill the T2 VNM and subsequently the T3 VNM for Ocelot's Trousers.

The first time I attempted an upgrade round I had no problem getting to T3.

But every attempt since has been a cockblock on the T2 after getting it down to about 10%.

I am over reacting though, I do almost everything solo so I am unfortunately not able to impose on a bard or others for help mostly.

I think I have the recast down to 1:30 ish, always just seems to fail me a little too soon is all. ;;

edit: Nightfyre hit the nail on the head for that one...
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-04-22 15:54:12  
Leviathan.Draugo said:
lol, I mostly have been trying to kill the T2 VNM and subsequently the T3 VNM for Ocelot's Trousers.

The first time I attempted an upgrade round I had no problem getting to T3.

But every attempt since has been a cockblock on the T2 after getting it down to about 10%.

I am over reacting though, I do almost everything solo so I am unfortunately not able to impose on a bard or others for help mostly.

I think I have the recast down to 1:30 ish, always just seems to fail me a little too soon is all. ;;

edit: Nightfyre hit the nail on the head for that one...

Oh you've been getting the brain spikey 1-shot. Since the T2 constantly keeps stopping to do carousel, you should be able to keep your distance and time it right? You don't even need to keep your wood up, unless of course you're just standing there plugging away...the running and such might take longer, but that thing shouldn't even hit you once. Or you can just run when your wood is down, and dive back in when it's up....
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-04-22 16:24:25  
Yea I have tried a variety of strats, even if he does stop moving to use his TP you can get caught by it every now and then, I have read that he likes to start using the spike move at around 20% HP and I just get caught with bad timing it is weird.

The first time I fought him and got the upgrade I didn't even know he could one shot me and I just stood there the whole time til he was dead.... got really lucky that time.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-22 16:28:20  
Leviathan.Draugo said:
Yea I have tried a variety of strats, even if he does stop moving to use his TP you can get caught by it every now and then, I have read that he likes to start using the spike move at around 20% HP and I just get caught with bad timing it is weird.

The first time I fought him and got the upgrade I didn't even know he could one shot me and I just stood there the whole time til he was dead.... got really lucky that time.
What's weird is that you're getting caught with Migawari down on the T2 at all. He moves slow as balls, if it's down and he's near to having TP then stop standing there and run. Carousel isn't dependent on TP, he doesn't have regain.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-04-22 16:33:17  
Oh really? I read that Carousel and the Spike moves were both TP moves. But he just spams them.

But if the Spike move is his TP move and carousel is just his regular melee move I can see now that it would be easier to predict when he will spike, thanks Night.

That makes sense why I had such an easy time with him at first too.
I used all debuffs on him the first time and subtle blow spell.

I wonder now if I managed to zerge him down the whole way w/o feeding him 100% tp.

The next set of attempts I did not bother with the TP inhibiting debuffs because I figured he was just spamming them anyway so why waste the tools.

Hrm gonna have to try again with what I know now, his carousel move isn't much of a problem, I always have full HP right up until he one shots me.

The more you know! thanks again.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-22 16:35:32  
Carousel is a TP move, he's just unique in that his use of it is timed rather than dependent on TP (or even whether or not you're in range), so he only uses Murk, Impalement, etc when he has TP. Good luck with your next attempt.
 Alexander.Msthief
サーバ: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-23 00:46:34  
The T2 uses impalement? Haha I have fought him a few times and never even noticed. You're one unlucky sob.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-04-23 02:10:25  
Yea >.<
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-04-23 14:12:09  
This might be a silly question (I've not checked wiki or anything about it), but would the Anima from Promy zones do anything on these guys? Them being "Empty" and all.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-04-23 14:43:10  
Well with 50% recast reduction (cap) the recast is 1 minute and the duration is 1 minute. There will be a small window where you'll have to recast it, but simply turn around and you're good. Since you're soloing, maybe consider /whm for haste? 40% would get the recast down to 1:12. I've tanked both on NIN and there's no reason you should ever get hit by the mob enough to need /dnc.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-04-24 23:02:12  
Made another attempt this weekend, got through T2, and proceeded to T3, the T3 took forever while turning with miga down. I even ran out of debuffs tools about 50%.

I got it killed but only dropped that head piece.

I think from entering the zone to beating the T2 to beating the T3 took about 80ish minutes.

Was kinda shitty. But now I know for sure it can be done solo, so now it is just a matter of time.

edit: went 1/1 on the t2 upgrade tonight, really appreciate the tips guys. I hope my consolidation of evasion and enmity in the leg slot happens sooner than later.

Tired of yasha hakama and spry tights lol