Job Adjustments (4/21/11)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments (4/21/11)
Job Adjustments (4/21/11)
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-04-22 09:24:32  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
What a GREAT piece of news! The time of the DRK is here AGAIN!

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
/mnk was allways the best sub for zerging if you had 5/5 desperate blows tho <_>

Actually /sam was the best for 2 handers and /drg was the best for 1 handers

What did /sam give you if you had 5/5 desperate blows?
Assuming it's JUST for the zerg, and no need for you before the actual action >_>

it gave you 10% haste after LR ended

Stuff rarely lived that long with proper zergers :P

/Sam lets you zerg with less!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-22 09:25:09  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:
Gimping crits? Does that mean SAM is back on top? ^^
I'm thinking it's a boost, not a gimp. Probably something like a critdmg+ increase depending on some stat vs the mob's VIT.

I got a feeling it's a gimp, to balance out all the dds that doesnt have crit hit weaponskills.
Well, inside Abyssea it more than likely does jack ***so we can disregard that. Outside Abyssea the noncrit jobs are much better than they are inside Abyssea - SAM is easily in the top three for DDs for instance. There's even been speculation that Masa SAM > Ukon WAR outside Abyssea. DRK got a (very) nice boost here, crit jobs are potentially seeing an increase here. I'm betting SAM gets a new toy this update as well.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-04-22 09:25:15  
Sylph.Xpro said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:
Well RNG and DRK definately needed a buff, nice to see PLD is overlooked again of course.

Yes I am QQ

Look at what is being changed: less hate for mage cure, less dmg on crits, drk becomes overwhelming dd but also will die in 2 hits. What do you think will happen to the hate system?

You will need a PLD there to cure or cover and take hate off drk. THF & NIN tank may not be as effective at keeping hate and even MNK might not be able to keep hate now if u have a DRK there. This update will affect PLD.
You honestly think this update will affect PLD? Mages aren't gonna pull hate thanks to these changes, sure crits will be gimped a bit but your NIN, DNC, THF, MNK, whoever is tanking will still be able to hold hate comfortably and still do damage. PLD is still useless.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-04-22 09:27:00  
Cerberus.Tidis said:
Sylph.Xpro said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:
Well RNG and DRK definately needed a buff, nice to see PLD is overlooked again of course.

Yes I am QQ

Look at what is being changed: less hate for mage cure, less dmg on crits, drk becomes overwhelming dd but also will die in 2 hits. What do you think will happen to the hate system?

You will need a PLD there to cure or cover and take hate off drk. THF & NIN tank may not be as effective at keeping hate and even MNK might not be able to keep hate now if u have a DRK there. This update will affect PLD.
You honestly think this update will affect PLD? Mages aren't gonna pull hate thanks to these changes, sure crits will be gimped a bit but your NIN, DNC, THF, MNK, whoever is tanking will still be able to hold hate comfortably and still do damage. PLD is still useless.

Yeah PLD is still useless, DRK just became the ultimate hate magnet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-22 09:27:03  
I think the whole gimp-crit thing with VIT is going to affect both players and the monster. so now pld will take less dmg and every crit based ws will turn to crap :D
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-22 09:28:08  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:
I'm thinking it's a boost, not a gimp. Probably something like a critdmg+ increase depending on some stat vs the mob's VIT.
Sure as long as the mob has really low vit ^^
SE got away from the "make the NM have ridiculously high base stats" trend years ago. I'm betting you'd at least see neutral dVIT values, unless they decide to base it on player VIT as well or something.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-22 09:28:46  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:
Sure as long as the mob has really low vit ^^
SE got away from the "make the NM have ridiculously high base stats" trend years ago. I'm betting you'd at least see neutral dVIT values, unless they decide to base it on player VIT as well or something.
Or nothing at all :)
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-22 09:28:53  
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
I think the whole gimp-crit thing with VIT is going to affect both players and the monster. so now pld will take less dmg and every crit based ws will turn to crap :D
Taking less damage on 1% of hits taken sure does make PLD awesome!

So would gimping their best WS, teehee.
[+]
 Titan.Eiryn
サーバ: Titan
user: Eiryn
By Titan.Eiryn 2011-04-22 09:32:02  
The only, and I mean ONLY, thing that will make pld a viable tanking option against all the DD out there is if they have the ability to make PLD go above the emnity cap for everyone else. Knowing nothing about computing code, I dont even know if this is something possible in the game as it stands right now.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-22 09:33:22  
Titan.Eiryn said:
The only, and I mean ONLY, thing that will make pld a viable tanking option against all the DD out there is if they have the ability to make PLD go above the emnity cap for everyone else. Knowing nothing about computing code, I dont even know if this is something possible in the game as it stands right now.
No, the only thing that would make PLD viable is removing all non-PLD -DT gear and nerfing /NIN.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-22 09:34:41  
Titan.Eiryn said:
just give PLD a provoke like ability that forces the mob to attack the paladin for 3 seconds and each successful hit on the pld raises enemity equivelent of provoke?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-22 09:35:50  
Psh just need more almace/ochain plds
[+]
 Alexander.Mozeexiv
サーバ: Alexander
user: mozeexiv
By Alexander.Mozeexiv 2011-04-22 09:38:02  
They should nerf /NIN, they should have nerfed it a long, long time ago.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-22 09:40:36  
gdi whats wrong with people. 3 jobs get a buff and everyone else ***. wtf
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-04-22 09:41:07  
I like these updates. It was pretty obvious that DRK and RNG had fallen out of favor (for good reasons), and these updates should definitely increase both the effectiveness and popularity of those jobs.

Well done, S-E.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-22 09:42:42  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

I said this 3 pages ago T.T Everyone hates me because I'm drk Q.Q
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-04-22 09:44:28  
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Almace isn't nearly as impressive as Ochain is though.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Titan.Eiryn said:
No, the only thing that would make PLD viable is removing all non-PLD -DT gear and nerfing /NIN.

I have to disagree, since Ochain PLD is as viable as anything already. But viability is a far cry from optimal.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-22 09:45:29  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Yeah but if you aren't do as much dmg might as well get another tank. So make both like a boss
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-22 09:47:08  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Titan.Eiryn said:

I have to disagree, since Ochain PLD is as viable as anything already. But viability is a far cry from optimal.
Ochain makes PLD a safe alternative, but an unnecessary one that doesn't match up as a DD. Removing the things I mentioned eliminates the competition entirely aside from MNK and NIN in situations that favor them (minimal magic damage for MNK, minimal AoEs for NIN).

EDIT: Whether or not this is a good thing is highly debatable.
 Sylph.Quiznor
サーバ: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-04-22 09:47:12  
All jobs except PLD need to get a job trait to take 50%+ more damage 8D
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-04-22 09:49:24  
Holy pup!
Sorry to interrupt the omfgdrk topic, but I'm happy to finally see new attachments and ws~

Also I'm worried about the VIT thing. Reading this thread some people seem certain that it'll turn crit ws to crap...if Stringing Pummel goes down the hole I'll have to level a new solo-job T_T I dun wannaaaaa!!
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-04-22 09:50:11  
I am psyched as hell for this update. Been a proud DRK main for going on 4 years.
[+]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-04-22 09:51:18  
Sylph.Quiznor said:
All jobs except PLD need to get a job trait to take 50%+ more damage 8D
^This is what im talking about lol
[+]
 Asura.Mahopon
サーバ: Asura
user: Selkhet
By Asura.Mahopon 2011-04-22 09:54:12  
I hope that regardless of what these changes do, it helps the game ultimately. No job in the game should be rendered useless. There are lovers of every job, and I hope they will continue to seek an answer to the problems.

I'd really love to see a comeback in PLDs. Cuz hey, all that armor is dead sexy. :)
[+]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-04-22 09:58:20  
Asura.Mahopon said:
I hope that regardless of what these changes do, it helps the game ultimately. No job in the game should be rendered useless. There are lovers of every job, and I hope they will continue to seek an answer to the problems. I'd really love to see a comeback in PLDs. Cuz hey, all that armor is dead sexy. :)
PLD still has it uses in aby, just not what its suppose to be used for. If SE takes the game out of aby, PLD will be back on its game. IF SE doesnt, Ill still rock my pld likes its 2009.
[+]
By Reikouki 2011-04-22 10:03:49  
I'm so happy to see that they are giving RNG some love. It's been my favorite job for so long, and I felt like I needed a reason to justify using it again, lol. Being a semi-TH-ho will make it worthwhile enough for me to finish it up and cap off the few seals I still need.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-04-22 10:05:36  
People keep talking about PLD's hate holding capability as if that is the issue. PLD (previously a career PLD here) is now outclassed, less because it is harder to hold hate, but more because you can survive equally well with a job that has a damage output.

Before this turns into the 1000th QQFIXPLD thread, I just want to point this out. If you want to "fix" PLD: you need to add something to pld that justifies their place in the party. A party buff, increase in DPS, or somehow weakening the mob should suffice.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-04-22 10:06:22  
shields need to give more defense
[+]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-04-22 10:08:23