users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Mega Moglification: Fishing
Mega Moglification: Fishing
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-18 23:49:24  
Does this moglification give +1 or +2 to fishing skill like the other ones? The text seems to only say +1, just wondering what the max amount of fishing skill you can get is.
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-19 08:29:53  
I am no where near being able to achieve a Mega Moglification, but from what I can understand that since it is only 1 KI you only get fishing skill +1. I just think the effect of "makes it slightly easier to reel in your catch." stronger. Just like for another craft it would make losing mats on breaks less likely to happen. Just my 2 cents though. Either way I say it's worth it

Edit: Wiki claims that Mega Moglification is Fishing Skill +3 but I dont buy into that. Partially because they claim that you can hold two storage KI's at the same time which is bogus. Source
 Asura.Finbar
サーバ: Asura
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2011-04-19 13:42:22  
The wiki citation of +3 is, indeed, completely unverified, as is the claim that Signboard and Map give +2. Heck, I'm not sure that anyone even confirmed that the Map alone gives +1, though I could be wrong on that account. For other crafts, it's been confirmed that the trio of furnishings give +5 (thus the new tier 1 rate on Dusk Gloves).

I've got 110k points right now, working up toward the Map. 200k after that and I'll have the trio. If I can get some specific data on the levels of fish above 100, I can do some testing. I'll see what I can do to find such fish.

Also, for the reference, the Stall alone gives Mega Moglification: Fishing. It allows the fish to be more quickly discerned, which reduces the amount of time a fish takes to bite, essentially.
[+]
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2011-04-19 13:48:46  
It should be easier after the update since fish 'below your level' will then be reeled in much more easily. Of course, for fish above level 100 it may take some time to determine what level they actually are.
 Asura.Finbar
サーバ: Asura
user: Finbar
By Asura.Finbar 2011-04-19 13:53:30  
That's assuming a critical bite, though that could lead to some useful info indeed. I hadn't thought of it. As it is, there are three tiers for fishing. One is when the fish stamina auto-regens in the middle position, one is when the stamina is neutral/zero, and the third is when the stamina automatically drains when in the middle position. That's currently the only effective way to figure out a fish's level, and accordingly the only way to figure out what skill various objects give. Some people are tyring to drum up testing on BG to figure out if Ebisu gives a skill boost (presumed to be +10 at the moment).