users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Skill Ups
Skill Ups
 Cerberus.Draupnir
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-04-16 16:04:12  
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I was wondering when getting skill ups for Blue Magic if having the Magus Jubbah would interfere with getting more skill ups since it puts it +15 over your Blue Magic therefore leaving you over the cap or if it would help more?
 Unicorn.Divinian
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-04-16 16:15:06  
In my experience, anything that helps you land spells more effectively will increase your chance to skill up. Its the same idea as using sushi to skill up melee skills.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-04-16 16:19:44  
Ok, I was just unsure about it cause I haven't noticed any big change in getting skill ups when I change from Royal Cloak to the AF, I usually bring a friend to help skill up on tough - incredibly tough mobs.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-16 16:26:08  
It depends. theres a sweet spot for skill level that depends on mob level.

I don't remember if skill up rate is affected by actual level or base level. I seem to have the feeling that acutall level is used but I could be wrong. anyway the case would be:

if having the gear on pushes you closer to the sweet spot skill level you will get skill ups faster.

if having the gear on pushes you further from the sweet spot skill level you will get skill ups slower
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-04-16 16:29:48  
Atm my skill is 233 for Blue Magic and cap is 246 w/o the AF +15, when I put the AF on it puts my magic at 248 therefore it is 2 levels over the cap, I'm current in Cape killing Cockatrices and Raptors and only have seen a few skill ups.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 16:35:09  
Skill ups are based on base skill vs mob lvl only.

Now for melee weapons +skill gear helps in that it makes you more accurate so you hit more often. But blue magic skill only helps dmg on physical spells so doesn't matter one way or another.

Also as far as offensive goes you can reach the lvl 82 cap on fortalices. Or since blue can just do buffs you could just get a looping script/xml and just do that forever afk
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-04-16 16:40:18  
Yea I understand that part but just was wondering since it puts you over cap if that impedes your skill up rate or not, I could do the looping scripts but rather just go blu nuke everything and hope I get the most out of it, I just changed to Royal Cloak and have seen a greater increase in skill ups so I'm gonna take a guess and say the +15 impedes on skill ups if you're over the cap and increases if you're severely under cap.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 16:44:15  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-04-16 16:45:31  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

I understand that :P
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 17:08:41  
Then you understand your blu body has no effect on skill ups at all
 Cerberus.Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2011-04-16 17:26:39