users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Kannagi Hate
Kannagi Hate
 Siren.Kogasho
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: kogasho
By Siren.Kogasho 2011-04-15 13:45:18  
I dont understand why everybody gotta hate on people who have one? I meen so what if a lot of people have them...so? NIN is very good in abyssea so why shouldn't we get one? It also atm slightly out damages Blade:Metsu unless SE changes or Ups the dmg with Relics. I am almost done with my Kannagi,Sobek has been quite Generous. I didnt have a whole LS build it for me either i took it 1 day at a time Farming KI after KI after KI. Then having thf friend come give me TH. I dunno why ppl ragg on us, i guess haters gotta hate?
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-04-15 13:49:14  
I don't think anyone is hating people just because they have a kannagi. They hate people who go around acting like it's a big deal to have one.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-04-15 13:49:23  
yourpagecomment said:
Your hate only makes me stronger (b^-^)
looks like you are asking for it to me.
 Sylph.Agentblade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-04-15 13:49:27  
Sounds like it lol, people assume if you have 1, you are a bandwagon nin. When really if you are a nin, why wouldnt you have one? Not everyone has the time or gil for relics / mythics, so all in all I guess haters gotta hate!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-15 13:50:46  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
I don't think anyone is hating people just because they have a kannagi. They hate people who go around acting like it's a big deal to have one.

This, pretty much.
It's nothing negative having one, it's just that people act like they'r superawesome as soon as they get one.
[+]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-04-15 13:52:15  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
This, pretty much. It's nothing negative having one, it's just that people act like they'r superawesome as soon as they get one.
I agree with this ^^
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-15 13:52:39  
"Slightly" outdamage Metsu? What the ***am I reading?

Hating on bandwagoners has become a bandwagon itself.
[+]
 Siren.Kogasho
By Siren.Kogasho 2011-04-15 13:53:18  
I havent had the pleasure of meeting a person who thinks they are hot ***because they have one. They are quite easy to get...i dont understand people :/
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-04-15 13:57:52  
Probably to do with the influx of Kannagi completion pictures being uploaded here, that's where the "they're showing off they completed it" thing is coming from, and since it's one of the easiest routes it's not brag worthy. Congrats and all, but really, I'm more surprised when I see NINs without Kannagi at this point.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-04-15 14:01:21  
Most of the weapons are easy to obtain & upgrade, if you have the time, skills and in some cases man-power to speed up the process. I know ill be happy when my Almace is finished, but nothing to brag about really. Mind you if I had severel of these bad boys for my active jobs, Id be feeling pretty proud since I would have solo'd them all lol. Feeling of accomplisment in easy mode {Do you need it?}
[+]
 Siren.Kogasho
By Siren.Kogasho 2011-04-15 14:03:37  
Thanks for all of your input
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mintpudding
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taigatan
By Quetzalcoatl.Mintpudding 2011-04-15 14:08:00  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:

This, pretty much.
It's nothing negative having one, it's just that people act like they'r superawesome as soon as they get one.

Yup... this... I would also include something about screenshots of the million empyrean weapons obtained, and if all the low ratings are a source of your feeling of "people hating" then turn off the rating feature. It's getting as bad as when every blue in the world was posting their 10K damamge screenshots... it gets to the point where even those just posting ss for their linkshell and don't have it up there for others to comment on feels like they are bragging and jumping on the "I'm badass now" bandwagon.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah 2011-04-15 14:09:29  
I think the biggest problem is that people used to have this "amazement" toward people with a relic, no matter what it is. Now that Empyrean weapons that surpasses most relics are so accessible, people automatically carry that sentiment over toward their Empyrean weapons also.

SE really did make Empyrean weapons VERY easily accessible and I'm guessing they are going to do the same for the relics also very soon.

I think SE's intention is to make all weapons more accessible than it has been for many years (I wonder what they'll do with mythic weapons..)

Anyways, 99% of the people who hate on Kannagi are trolls who are just looking for attention. Seriously though... Wouldn't it be just easier to troll on SAMs with Masamune?
[+]
 Diabolos.Megatron
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-04-15 14:11:48  
weather you like em, love em, hate em or dont really give a ***. people have them. they put for the the effort to get one while others as we know do not take any effort to get anything they simpley open boxes in abyssea for days on end then complain they have nothing. or think jsut cause they can pull hate by spaming spells on blm ther uber. if a person takes the time to get something they want. that betters ther performace on a job kudos. to those wanna be players who sit ther whineing and calling people bandwaggon players. let me check your gear. yea thats what i thought, take your pink cloths and go open more boxes.

leave teh rest of us alone were trying to be better players. as for bragging and taking pride i nthe acomplashiment of getting somethign done. i dont have a issue with a person doing so if it is indead a improvemnt. when i got mine and gear myself around the ws and saw the spike in damage out put i was proud. and still am. i put for the work to get mine and im proud of it.

hate all you want. i gotz mine and no one can take that away from me.
[+]
 Sylph.Merow
user: geefresh
By Sylph.Merow 2011-04-15 14:18:13  
Phoenix.Kirana said:
this^ times 100. SOOOO many idiot nins think they are gods because they have a kannagi even though they are nothing special. Empyreans for that matter aren't really anything to brag about they are just really fun to have and none of them really require that much work at all. People like the OP are why everyone hates kannagi's because was it really necessary to make a thread basically saying you got an 80 empyrean, no. People hate you because of how you act when you get the weapon, people don't hate the weapon. Congrats on your 80 soon to be 85 or whatever.
[+]
 Sylph.Agentblade
By Sylph.Agentblade 2011-04-15 14:19:26  
Lakshmi.Dkbutterflavah said:
I think SE's intention is to make all weapons more accessible than it has been for many years (I wonder what they'll do with mythic weapons..)
I hope they do something with mythics, Tizona Hells Yeah!!!
[+]
 Siren.Kogasho
By Siren.Kogasho 2011-04-15 14:23:50  
Sylph.Merow said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
this^ times 100. SOOOO many idiot nins think they are gods because they have a kannagi even though they are nothing special. Empyreans for that matter aren't really anything to brag about they are just really fun to have and none of them really require that much work at all. People like the OP are why everyone hates kannagi's because was it really necessary to make a thread basically saying you got an 80 empyrean, no. People hate you because of how you act when you get the weapon, people don't hate the weapon. Congrats on your 80 soon to be 85 or whatever.

It will be 85 soon thanks
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-15 14:25:48  
I've received hate messages for daring to "waste" Briareus Helms/Sobek Skins/Apademak Horns on a "useless Almace" over some NIN's Kannagi :(
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-04-15 14:27:35  
I hate people who misspell it.

its BROnagi!

get it right

also its BROMune, not Masamune.

Bronagi and Bromune.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-15 14:28:10  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
I've received hate messages for daring to "waste" Briareus Helms/Sobek Skins/Apademak Horns on a "useless Almace" over some NIN's Kannagi :(
You should've told them it was for your rdm :)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cleaverr
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cleaver
By Cerberus.Cleaverr 2011-04-15 15:02:27  
As a Kannagi NIN I can understand why ppl hate on Kannagi nins I see so many people with Kannagi and the worst gear in every other slot.
Kannagi + Pink set ..... sadly I've seen it >.<
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-15 15:04:42  
Cerberus.Cleaverr said:
Why are you making fun of my gear? Pink FTW!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2011-04-15 15:15:01  
[+]
 Asura.Draginhikari
By Asura.Draginhikari 2011-04-15 15:33:59  
From alot of NINs that I know that had NIN before the Kaangi came out and so on tend to view alot of the current NINs who make the Kaangi as a crutch to any actual effort to actually utilizing NIN in an effective manner. That can be said for alot of things right now.

I personally don't hate it, my issue is more frustration due the fact that I share the same path with them on my weapon in progress then anything then any real issue with the Kaangi itself. Because it is so heavily made the competition for Sobek (Partically the Pieste) is pretty constant on Asura as a result. Which is something I just haven't seen to an extreme on any of the pathes I've worked with people on (My group is also working on a G-Axe, G-Sword, and H2H at the moment).

No I don't hate it, I can feel frustration about a situation without necessarily hating it.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-04-15 15:38:13  
Cerberus.Cleaverr said:
As a Kannagi NIN I can understand why ppl hate on Kannagi nins I see so many people with Kannagi and the worst gear in every other slot.

This.

Most NINs with a Kannagi have ***gear; it's a joke.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-15 15:38:15  
Because the people who have them make pointless topics garnering pity.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-04-15 15:45:56  
those people who hate band wagon MNKs and band wagon NINs are the same people who would hate you for either only having 1 job or for not having the most useful jobs i.e. if someone only had PLD PUP RDM and DRK leveled.

Yeah, I'm a new NIN idc I was only interested in WHM when I first started playing the game when I came to this server and then wanted to check out a melee job when I came back to the game so I didn't need to rely on others to kill ***. I wanted something that I could solo with, people would rather me have leveled DRK? Also I don't pretend to have a good NIN I just work on it while I can, I don't have a Kannagi I needed to get 26% haste, Rajas ring, working on Suppa now and then I'll get a Kannagi.
[+]