users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Feet Base Farming
Feet Base Farming
 Odin.Dezaar
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-04-13 18:09:00  
Friend and I spent like 2 ~ 120 min farming trips and have yet to get more then 1 pair of PUP feet -.-

Supposed to head in and farm Amber light over and over to pop Big Gold Chests correct?

Am I missing something or just bad luck?
 Bismarck.Faelar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-04-13 18:19:00  
Feet seem to drop more frequently from smaller gold chests, so 4-9 Amber lights should be your target, then keep azure/pearl capped. Should rain feet. Got WHM, RDM, and WAR in less than 15 minutes this way.
[+]
 Bismarck.Robbyodom
By Bismarck.Robbyodom 2011-04-13 18:27:28  
Try and get a party in the area and build up lights then go farm them. That is how i got my Blm feet.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-04-13 18:36:53  
Lol, I read that as Freebase.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-04-13 18:42:33  
Could go the route that my LS takes: Find a WAR with a DEF build and a Gaxe with Fell Cleave > cap gold light > find mobs that dont hit hard and are usually plentiful (Chigoe in Attohwa for example) > pull every single last one of them > kill them all in a few seconds of Fell Cleave > open all gold chests

Everyone in my LS has all the base AF3 feet from Attohwa and almost all from Misareaux (I'm still missing BRD because that zone is ghey) but it works. Also very nice for TE farming, and gil making selling all the augmented equipment, not to mention Key Items from BFB, etc. etc.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-13 18:46:04  
Odin.Dezaar said:
Friend and I spent like 2 ~ 120 min farming trips and have yet to get more then 1 pair of PUP feet -.-

Supposed to head in and farm Amber light over and over to pop Big Gold Chests correct?

When I was farming my charis feet, I dropped I bet 15 Pups. Just luck of the draw in that zone because there are more af possibilities to pop in chest.
 Caitsith.Crunkie
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-04-13 19:04:34  
In my experiences getting ~2 eph mobs with amber and keeping the gold chests small has always yielded myself with more feet than the larger ones. Also I cant stress enough to have all three Abyssite of Destiny for greater spoils from gold chests.

Whenever my shell cleaves scars zones we always get an abundance of smaller chests with tons of feet pieces.

These are my experiences maybe you can take something from it.
 Odin.Dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-04-14 14:33:14  
Wiki says NIN feet only drop in Abyssea - Vunkerl.

What mobs have you guys/gals had the best luck with?

Thanks for the info ~ Gonna farm this weekend till we get em.
By sefalon 2011-04-14 14:49:18  
I also need nin feet im.sitting on the seals and the plus 2. What is a good mob to kill there in gum with war and a whm
 Odin.Dezaar
By Odin.Dezaar 2011-04-14 16:42:17  
Based on my research. I am going to try this battle plan:

Head to Vunkerl, go to #6
Start fighting Puks
Kill 7 with Amber light ONLY
Then spam pearl over and over
Prob get 5 feet in 120 min
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-04-14 16:46:46  
Odin.Dezaar said:
Based on my research. I am going to try this battle plan:

Head to Vunkerl, go to #6
Start fighting Puks
Kill 7 with Amber light ONLY
Then spam pearl over and over
Prob get 5 feet in 120 min
I would always build 2 amber on the eph murex at puk camp then then alternate puks and crawlers and eph murex for cruor, pearl, and chests. Would even solo the puk NM for rdm seals whenever I got pop. Kept it not so boring, and multitasked.
 Bismarck.Moghedian
user: Moggly
By Bismarck.Moghedian 2011-04-14 16:54:48  
My best results personally with a rdm thf duo have been ignoring azure.
We killed 3 T1 VNM(as long as we weren't wasting time looking for them) for quick pearl light, one or two ephemerals elemental ws kills for amber, and then pick a mob and straight kill.
Tended to get a pretty high(70-90%) gold chest rate. Took 4 2hour runs to finally get rdm feet to drop, saw all other af except mnk.
This is also with no atmas(alpha/omega on thf, none on rdm) to speak of, no access to blu or war for big aoe farming.
So for reg joe, worked out good for us.
 Leviathan.Invid
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Invid
By Leviathan.Invid 2011-05-05 07:24:51  
Odin.Dezaar said:
Wiki says NIN feet only drop in Abyssea - Vunkerl.

What mobs have you guys/gals had the best luck with?

Thanks for the info ~ Gonna farm this weekend till we get em.

the boyfriend and i do feet farming on occasion, we've had the best luck with bats. they're easy to kill, they DON'T ruby, they DO pearl, azure, and amber. We usually go on THF and WHM combo, or 2x BLU. first we cap azure to make sure we keep up time extensions (usually azure a few ephemerals or t1 vnms) then we move to bats and work on pearl and amber lights. i've found that if you cap your amber lights, all you get is big gold boxes with Key Items in them(and while i have seen feet in big gold boxes before, it's not common). so if feet is what you're after, i'd say get about 10-15 amber lights and stop there. then just kill the hell out of the bats till they drop what you want.
 Asura.Eeek
サーバ: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-05-05 07:51:58  
Odin.Dezaar said:

I had to do this recently.

I grabbed my friend (we went DNC and NIN, he needed NIN feet) and headed to Flux 06 and ran to the rabbits. We killed rabbits for pearl lights. Among the rabbits spawn Ephemeral Amoebans, and I killed about 4-5 of those with Aeolian Edge for amber lights. After the 4-5 Amoebans were killed, we just killed the rabbits as quickly as possible for lights and chests as they're the least annoying mob in that area.

We got the NIN feet after about 90 minutes, and we also gave away about 6 other pairs of boots via /shouting.

For feet, you do not want to build amber lights to the point where you see larger chests all the time. You only want enough amber light to increase the drop rate of the small gold boxes.
 Asura.Theocoles
user: Dietz12
By Asura.Theocoles 2011-05-06 11:42:37  
i been having a problem where i amber 2 eph mobs, i get abosolutely 0 azure lights and cap pearl and all i ever get for chests i these piece of **** low tier blue chests i get so annoyed after about 45 mins of killing with 10-15 amber, capped pearl and no azure and only getting a gold chest once every ~20 kills... im just at a total loss here anyone have any suggestions?
 Phoenix.Uzugami
サーバ: Phoenix
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-06 11:46:06  
Asura.Theocoles said:
i been having a problem where i amber 2 eph mobs, i get abosolutely 0 azure lights and cap pearl and all i ever get for chests i these piece of **** low tier blue chests i get so annoyed after about 45 mins of killing with 10-15 amber, capped pearl and no azure and only getting a gold chest once every ~20 kills... im just at a total loss here anyone have any suggestions?
You're going to get a a lot of blue chest drops no matter what; might as well cap azure too and get TE's while you're at it :< What zone are you farming? iirc you're better off ambering VNMs (They give higher Amber lights per kill, iirc?) then just killing normal mobs, etc.
 Asura.Theocoles
user: Dietz12
By Asura.Theocoles 2011-05-06 11:55:41  
but wont getting capped azure just increase blue chests rate even more? and im farming attowa and sometimes grauberg for blm scrolls which ive had no luck with either lol
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-06 11:57:16  
Asura.Theocoles said:
but wont getting capped azure just increase blue chests rate even more? and im farming attowa and sometimes grauberg for blm scrolls which ive had no luck with either lol

Azure just increases the contents of blue boxes; I.E capped Azure just gives you TE's/1250 EXP/1000 Cruor/bunch of temps, rather than just 200 cruor/exp, etc
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-05-06 11:59:53  
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Asura.Theocoles said:

Azure just increases the contents of blue boxes; I.E capped Azure just gives you TE's/1250 EXP/1000 Cruor/bunch of temps, rather than just 200 cruor/exp, etc

Pretty sure it increases both their chance to drop and potency.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-05-06 12:04:30  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Asura.Theocoles said:

Pretty sure it increases both their chance to drop and potency.

Maybe, I've never paid attention to it; I just know with feet farming; you're going to get mostly blue chests anyway, might as well cap it for some cruor/TE while you're at it.
 Bahamut.Tejas
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Tejas
By Bahamut.Tejas 2011-05-06 12:23:43  
I solo farmed most of my feet and agree 100% 7 amber lights max, af is considered "items" whereas augmented gear, KI, etc are considered "powerful items", hence lower true chest equals better af rate. Farmed 3 hours with capped amber nada, farmed on average 30-45 min with 7 lights whammo.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [46 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Lunazetha
サーバ: Leviathan
user: MoonZ
By Leviathan.Lunazetha 2011-06-21 09:27:26  
Someone on Levi still need base feet?

I need sam, cor (vunkerl) and war (attowa).
I was traying solo the past few days but still dont get it.

Sorry for the bump ;;
By Biglen 2011-06-22 16:28:06  
Few days ago we where farming and we had about 45 to 50ish amber and full AZ light with about 110 pearl. I was blm with my friend Spiky as blm too, we had Peja as ninja and we busted up on bunnys the whole night. Keeping those lights we recieved 2 smn feet, 1 cor feet, 2 nin feet, 2 dnc feet, amoung other things. I have to say that when Peja left we saw a smaller portion of chest and I believe it's due to the abyssite that we didn't have for potency of chest drops. Might want to look into getting those before starting another farming run.