Did I Do The Right Thing?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Did i do the right thing?
Did i do the right thing?
 Bismarck.Zeota
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Zeota
By Bismarck.Zeota 2011-04-13 10:05:08  
I'm just as much a fan of sportsmanship as the next person. However you do have to play a bit dirty sometimes to get where you want to be. Sounds like they had no business fighting it in the first place. It's pretty much war out there.
 Lakshmi.Naokoyume
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Naokoyume
By Lakshmi.Naokoyume 2011-04-13 10:06:37  
I don't see where you find it as being bitchy or any of the such. I thought it was funny. It's been spelled at least five different ways in this thread, some of the ways being other words (including similarities to boggarts, which I believe is even used for some weapon mobs in the game.. Not sure off the top of my head). The explanatory paragraph was because I truly wasn't trying to be rude - it's funny, thus Humphrey Bogart. In fact, I don't even know if I just spelled Humphrey correctly. Weird name.

Jesus, guys. Someone points out a funny mistake and you act like I'm a nazi. Calm down. Not everyone is trying to hurt you. Learn to laugh at yourself.
[+]
 Bismarck.Zeota
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Zeota
By Bismarck.Zeota 2011-04-13 10:09:12  
Could've easily been this.

Asura.Natenn
サーバ: Asura
user: Naten
By Asura.Natenn 2011-04-13 10:10:53  
Did they come back with LS and try to screw you out of Guka?
[+]
 Diabolos.Megatron
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-04-13 10:16:38  
Shiva.Nikolce said:
. All the agreement in the world isn't going to cleanse your soul.

You may be right, you may be wrong. i don't feel guilty in doing it. i was just wondering how others would of reacted in the same instance. to see if my response was what the magority would have done. since it was a abnormal situation. i have expressed my opnion about taking NM's from others in other threads. as for the praying part that is between me and my God The Wyvern King
 Diabolos.Megatron
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-04-13 10:19:40  
Asura.Natenn said:
Did they come back with LS and try to screw you out of Guka?

no the WAR stood behind us in the enclave and watched us for about 15 mins then we moved. but no other LS bothered us.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-13 10:44:12  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I'll never understand why people act so stupid with popped NMs. this just happened to me on a low lvl seal NM

They all proceeded to die over and over. I took the NM when it went passive because it was about to aggro me and reprocced yellow with banishga II then killed it. I offered them all seals just to speed it up so I can pop mine next but only 2 rng dropped. so after I killed the NM they failed to, I was referred to as "too weak"

when they had 4 people and I killed with my blm mule > <

Frustrating when people act like this over stupid things

Edit- this is right after they triple linked and I killed the links to help them for *** sakes lol
my experience with most force pop nms is they don't reaggro, and they also despawn pretty quickly after they get to their spawn point. while i don't agree with their behavior, they probably didn't see it the same way you did, since it probably would have depopped shortly afterwards anyway.
[+]
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2011-04-13 10:45:10  
Quote:
They wiped with no chance of recovery.

This kinda says it all. This is what my shell does. And we're generous with time, but at some point, you just gotta be realistic too. No need to waste a perfectly good pop, or other people's time cause you failed.
[+]
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-04-13 10:46:23  
If they can hold guk for 12 hours why can't they kill sobek?
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-04-13 10:52:20  
I would have opened up a line of communication before simply taking it. But otherwise don't lose sleep over it.
 Diabolos.Megatron
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-04-13 10:52:55  
Valefor.Ivaan said:

no idea, but the mob that killed them wasn't Sobek it was the NM you had to kill for 1 of the 3 key items to spawn Sobek. hte one you trade a Bewitching Tusk to spawn. it also drops nin, mnk, pld and cor leg seals..

~UPDATE~ the NM's name is Minax Bugard here is his URL
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Minax_Bugard
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-04-13 10:53:46  
Diabolos.Megatron said:
Valefor.Ivaan said:

no idea, but the mob that killed them wasn't Sobek it was the NM you had to kill for 1 of the 3 key items to spawn Sobek. hte one you trade a Bewitching Tusk to spawn. it also drops nin, mnk, pld and whm leg seals. my proc mule is 4/8 on whm leg seals btw.

mmm i must have misread that.

But then thats even worse lol ; ;

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Halfpint
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-04-13 11:17:59  
99.99999% of ppl would have grabbed it after they both wiped the second time, if they waited that long.

My ls tends to NOT offer help unless it is someone who is known by a few ls members (usually a sac). They also would not have offered to replace the pop so kudo's for trying to be that nice.

What made me laaaaaaugh is.... who is so dumb or arrogant that they don't bring a healer?? I have seen DNC or /dnc solo mobs but I have NEVER seen someone do a NM without some form of healer in the pt.
[+]
 Diabolos.Megatron
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-04-13 11:24:30  
Cerberus.Halfpint said:
99.99999% of ppl would have grabbed it after they both wiped the second time, if they waited that long. My ls tends to NOT offer help unless it is someone who is known by a few ls members (usually a sac). They also would not have offered to replace the pop so kudo's for trying to be that nice. What made me laaaaaaugh is.... who is so dumb or arrogant that they don't bring a healer?? I have seen DNC or /dnc solo mobs but I have NEVER seen someone do a NM without some form of healer in the pt.

personally i have no idea why they claimed it. when i saw them pop it i thought they were just going to hold it and any sec a healer would run over the hill. or i would start seeing them jump and twirl. but insted i may of been to far away to see the animation. but i was in provoke rage and never saw anything. i just saw them go down. so your guess is as good as mine.

Death Skill ups?
[+]
 Cerberus.Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-04-13 11:31:01  
maybe skillin evasion?
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-04-13 11:41:24  
I'd bet they had their healer still getting atmas or something and poped it just to have it rather then wait and take turns or whatever.
 Cerberus.Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-04-13 11:49:40  
ohh lordy, I hate that... then yell at the healer cause they died.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Leif
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Leif912
By Ramuh.Leif 2011-04-13 11:53:34  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
If your going to steal a NM don't just take it, but rather put your subligar on THEN claim all while prancing on top their dead body; also, don't forget to say w.
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
subligar

{Run Away!}
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-04-13 12:08:47  
Diabolos.Megatron said:
Shiva.Nikolce said:
. All the agreement in the world isn't going to cleanse your soul.
You may be right, you may be wrong. i don't feel guilty in doing it. i was just wondering how others would of reacted in the same instance. to see if my response was what the magority would have done. since it was a abnormal situation. i have expressed my opnion about taking NM's from others in other threads. as for the praying part that is between me and my God The Wyvern King

Unfortunately alot of people think the way you do and lick their finger and stick it up in the air to see which way the majority of the wind is blowing to decide what is right and wrong. My sister in law got pregnant out of wedlock and decided to raise the kid in the welfare system because "everyone else was doing it". We have disintigrated from a society of moral absolutes governing our lives to whims and poles and fancy. Let's get Richard Dawson to announce the winner when people go on trial. SURVEY SAYS.....GUITY

Also, the Wyvrn King is displeased you didn't mock and teabag them while they were dead on the ground and steal the nm sooner. He demands self flagelation, go get some whips and chains.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-04-13 12:39:13  
Would be funny if they came into this thread thinking to rage at you then saw everybodys responses....
 Diabolos.Megatron
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-04-13 12:49:02  
you can get the red boy shorts from the fairy nm Carbosey in lathaine.
 Diabolos.Megatron
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-04-13 12:58:37  
Shiva.Nikolce said:
Also, the Wyvrn King is displeased you didn't mock and teabag them while they were dead on the ground and steal the nm sooner. He demands self flagelation, go get some whips and chains.

i had a browny point saved for this instance. i was in Abyssea Altep. while farming my pop items for my back piece and was standing bythe mandacore nm pop spot waiting for a group to finish ther mandicore pop and let them know i just wanted the KI if after tehy finished ther s if i could join them and they keep the +1 items. they said sure.

so i waited as i was waiting for my invite a guy runs up and trade macros the NM and takes off running it casts a Ga spell on him and he falls over dead. i provoke the monster. the peopel invite me and i start killing it. i then proceed to strip naked and tank it nude on his dead body. after about 60 sec he homepoints.

that was a good day.
 Diabolos.Megatron
By Diabolos.Megatron 2011-04-13 13:03:55  
Asura.Ina said:
Would be funny if they came into this thread thinking to rage at you then saw everybodys responses....

thats why i didn't mention any names of the persons involved. to protect those who wish to not be named..... but dont think i dont have their names written down...
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-04-13 13:21:45  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Your avatar is seriously starting to mess with me, I see my avatar next to a post I know I didn't make.. I keep doing double takes, I always manage to scroll past it right when it's mine that's up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mintpudding
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Taigatan
By Quetzalcoatl.Mintpudding 2011-04-13 13:38:10  
Diabolos.Megatron said:
Ok here is the story and I would like your thoughts on if what I did.

I tried to trade The THF a new pop item. He did not take my trade offer. All they said in saw was” That’s fine, well go get the LS we can hold Guk for the next 12 hours”. Then ran off.

So was I in the right or wrong?
((no names were used in this to protect those involved))

First yes you were in the right... second... if they have this large badass linkshell posse at their fingertips who have nothing better to do but to go hold an an NM for 12 hours to exact revenge upon you for something stupid they did... why can't they get them to help kill some crap NM?
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-13 13:44:50  
white mob is white, though people will rage at you anyway for it