users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Prehistoric fishies
Prehistoric fishies
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-13 03:48:11  
Was wondering if people had much info on these.

I've looked a few places and the only I can only find any info on hakuryu and that is just location and lure mostly. Can't find anything on soryu, sekiryu, or kokuryu.

So started fishing up hakuryu and I seemed to have hit max fatigue after only pulling up 20... which is rather unusual in my experience of fishing. I used to pull up 10-20 ryuga titans which is also legendary and still then get a good 180-200 trumpet shells after...

So wondering if anyone knows where/how to pull up the others? And yes they exist they've been sold on the ah. And any info on fatigue. I mean the bite rate is nice and sell good but if that's all I can pull up might as well stick with trumpet shells if I got the time
 Diabolos.Thebeano
サーバ: Diabolos
user: beano
By Diabolos.Thebeano 2011-04-13 03:56:49  
Taken from BG forums fishing thread.

Soryu is fished up in Abyssea - Misareaux at the sea cliffs (around flux 8 ) with a Sinking Minnow. Bite rate blows -.-
Kokuryu is fished up in Abyssea - Vunkerl on the bridges with a Minnow (and maybe meatballs?). Bite rate also blows according to Phellia <3
Sekiryu is fished up in Abyssea - Altepa at the southern oasis using a Sinking Minnow. Bite rate is better than the first two! Breaks the line though, so be careful.
Hakuryu is fished up in Beaucedine Glacier at the cliffs using a Minnow. Yes. I said Beaucedine Glacier. As in NO WHERE NEAR ABYSSEA. I will never understand SE.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-13 04:00:30  
Seems kinda incomplete. And sinking minnow works on hakuryu too and it breaks line often enough as well. I'd suspect they all use the same and have similar bite rates in the end and break line. What about npc price... I would assume they are all the same but who knows.

Also I looked in that thread and there are wildly different stories. Some people said they cap at maybe 30. I just did at 20. Some people say they have caught over 100 in a day and not capped... so wondering if there are any actual fishers out there that have any info. BG forums tend to have a bit of misinformation and I don't troll them enough to know who to believe and not lol
 Diabolos.Thebeano
By Diabolos.Thebeano 2011-04-13 04:12:37  
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/49347-Fishing/page247

Thread goes on for a while, i just copy and pasted the section with the location of the fishies.

I use sinking minnows on Hakuryu, much better bite rate compared to minnow.

I believe they all NPC for the same price.

Sekiryu in Altepa a pain to fish, Sabotender NM Cuijatender that roams all the way round the pond.

In all honesty, i have only ever fished Hakuryu, sod using my abyssea stones to fish :D
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-13 04:28:03  
Well as is right now bite rate doesn't really matter to me much since I got max fatigue in like 3 hours of fishing... any info on how I can get more than 20 in a day?
 Diabolos.Thebeano
By Diabolos.Thebeano 2011-04-13 05:07:31  
I personally have not had any trouble with hitting fatigue to early, one thing i do get when fishing Hakuryu is odd days when i catch i dont catch as much as expected.
I put this down to weather, current season and moon phase.
Some days i can catch 100+ then day after only 50 ish.
Sometimes may be an hour between reeling in fish.
If you think your hitting fatigue to early, try changing zone, say go to west ron and try to fish up some moat carp, see if you have any luck.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-13 05:12:38  
I did... well zone and tried again. Haven't tried a different zone to fish in. But it was around 160 casts so... And checking that thread it seems almost like they gave each player a different fatigue amount for it or some gay ***lol

I guess I could try moat carp. But this isn't just seems lower. This is less than 30 fish and I hadn't fished at all for the last couple of days lol
 Diabolos.Thebeano
By Diabolos.Thebeano 2011-04-13 05:17:16  
Could just be a bug, a lot of people seem to be having fatigue problems.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-13 05:22:35  
Yeah if it keeps doing this I'll just go back to trumpets... or maybe try matsya again. I've definitely caught more than 20 of those in a day... it just took several 20 hour days of fishing to get enough bait to do that lol
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-04-13 05:42:33  
didnt those fish get added at same time they modified fatigue?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-13 05:44:42  
Yeah definitely at full fatigue :(
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-13 18:25:46  
So today I manage to hit full fatigue after only 11... wtf
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-14 21:26:28  
20 today... at least it's more than 11 this time :). The guy next to me looks to be averaging a good 6-10 an hour for the full 5 hours I was there though. My bite rate was about the same until I got to full fatigue. Did 200 extra casts just to make sure