フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » PSN is down due to hackers
PSN is down due to hackers
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2011-04-08 01:40:45  
Alexander.Kewitt said:
Yet another reason to let PS2 support die!
wut?
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-08 06:36:21  
Sylph.Chrisstreb said:
what about PSN+ or whatever they were talking about last year? and of course with the fact that XB users are paying the $60/year for XBL gold, you would also think that money is used to police those trying to pirate/hack into systems. I'm not saying I'm a XB fanboy but you have to weigh in the 'added' security that you pay for with XBL.

Wat?

There is no added security, at all.

If any group of hackers targeted XBL it would go down just as fast.
[+]
 Alexander.Garlend
サーバ: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2011-05-04 14:45:12  
We discovered that the intruders had planted a file on one of our Sony Online Entertainment servers named “Anonymous” with the words “We are Legion.”

Sony's Response to U.S. Congress

So looks like Anon was responsible after all.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-05-04 14:47:04  
OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-04 14:53:04  
Alexander.Garlend said:
We discovered that the intruders had planted a file on one of our Sony Online Entertainment servers named “Anonymous” with the words “We are Legion.”

Sony's Response to U.S. Congress

So looks like Anon was responsible after all.

We are Legion

I just proved anyone could do that. Even sony themselves

Anonymous isn't one centralized force, its a bunch of idiots mostly running around like chickens with their heads cut off. A couple cohesive and purpose driven units may form from the masses, but that doesn't mean that the units stick together or any single unit reports to another. It could have been the same group, it could have been another group operating completely separately, it could have been someone who doesn't want to affiliate with anonymous at all but would rather have the fbi chase their tails then go after the correct group.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-05-04 15:18:58  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Wat?

There is no added security, at all.

If any group of hackers targeted XBL it would go down just as fast.

Even if that wasn't ***, which it is, Microsoft isn't stupid enough to leave personal info unencrypted.
[+]
 Ramuh.Urial
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-04 15:20:25  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
I'm sure that Anon is just a really easy scapegoat. But if not, I'm very disappoint Anon.
If I was gonna do something like hack a major corporation. One that I happened to know anon had made statements about, I'd try to point the finger at them probably. Because in the mind of the hacker, it's all about self preservation.If they can lead them onto a false trail, you're safe.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-04 15:21:49  
Birthdate, name, and email address really isn't all that hard to get. CC numbers were encrypted, if they were stolen it may just take time before the encryption is stolen.

The thing I'm disappoint about is mother's maiden name leaks.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-05-04 15:27:44  
Cerberus.Eugene said:
Birthdate, name, and email address really isn't all that hard to get. CC numbers were encrypted, if they were stolen it may just take time before the encryption is stolen.

They're is already reports coming in of "Test runs", 1-5$ purchases on PSN affected cards. This is a telltale sign of illegitimate use, to see if the card has been deactivated yet.
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-04 15:31:23  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:

They're is already reports coming in of "Test runs", 1-5$ purchases on PSN affected cards. This is a telltale sign of illegitimate use, to see if the card has been deactivated yet.
So glad I don't use PSN for any purchases and thus have no card on it.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-05-04 15:34:28  
Ramuh.Urial said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:

Yeah, I just use prepaid MSpoint cards for Xboxlive purchases and Gold, though usually I get Gold memberships through promotional stuff, I think I've only ever paid for 4months out of the 3 years I've had Gold off-and-on since XboxLaunch day.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-05-04 15:38:04  
The CC's really aren't the issue... They can be eaily replaced, though annoying, if you can do without them for 2 - 3 weeks... Plus most, if not all, cc companies refund for fraudulent expenses to your account... Its the personal information obtained that can be used for identity theft that is the major concern...
 Ramuh.Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-05-04 15:39:30  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Ramuh.Urial said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:

Yeah, I just use prepaid MSpoint cards for Xboxlive purchases and Gold, though usually I get Gold memberships through promotional stuff, I think I've only ever paid for 4months out of the 3 years I've had Gold off-and-on since XboxLaunch day.
Been using paying for xbox live since there was no "Gold" honestly I don't mind the $5 because when I started paying you could honestly notice a difference between Xbox live and PS2 online. That won my loyalty back then. I will admit recently PSN does some nice things but other times it derps :/ But this does make me a bit more iffy about leaving my card linked to xbl.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2011-05-04 15:40:33  
Obviously they're using everyone's credit cards to drop a massive Ozymandias psychic squid onto Manhattan.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-04 15:41:04  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:

according to the article cited no cc company has reported illegitimate use of the credit cards yet, can you provide a different source?
 Cerberus.Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-04 15:43:02  
pic not related. love the neckbeard guy in the middle
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-05-09 18:28:28  
I just heard that they plan on opening up the servers on May 31.

Anon BETTER NOT HACK IT!