BLM Soloing Dom Ops?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » BLM soloing Dom Ops?
BLM soloing Dom Ops?
 Bismarck.Robbyodom
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Robbyodom 2011-04-06 10:28:09  
Where is a good place a blm can solo Dom ops for seal?
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2011-04-06 10:29:49  
other than altepa? a well geared BLM can 2 shot the dolls. blizz5 > blizz2
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-04-06 10:35:22  
I haven't played BLM for awhile, but last time I did was on Uleguerand Bluffalo. Those were pretty squishy. If I were going to solo today, I'd probably do the sandsweepers as suggested above.
 Bismarck.Nalien
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2011-04-06 10:36:49  
[+]
サーバ: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-04-06 10:47:01  
Bismarck.Robbyodom said:
Don't... dominion ops (along with abyssea quests) are the worst way to get seals.

If you want to get seals your best bet is to make a shout party for the nms that drop the seal you need.

if your realy hell bent on doing dominion ops then just do any of them... any of them can be soloed by just 2 shoting the normal monsters.
[+]
 Bismarck.Franzrobot
user: Quantum
By Bismarck.Franzrobot 2011-04-06 11:00:23  
Bluffalo are probably essier since they don't magic aggro... Seal-wise I don't know if it was just chance or not but I feel like Sandsweepers gave me a ton of Goetia. Remember, only one seal max per game day though so once you get one don't expect anymore for awhile.
[+]
 Siren.Eremes
サーバ: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2011-04-06 11:12:26  
Bismarck.Robbyodom said:
Don't do ops with the intention of getting seals. Seals are meant to be a bonus, not the primary purpose of ops. You will never get the seals you want reliably.

Carbuncle.Kyofooyo said:
other than altepa? a well geared BLM can 2 shot the dolls. blizz5 > blizz2
^this. There's a danger of magic agro from the dolls and roving Byrgen, though. BLM should be able to handle /most/ abyssea ops, assuming you have the atmas and gear to back you up.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2011-04-06 11:42:29  
Bismarck.Robbyodom said:
I agree with everyone about not soloing to get just seals ...

Much more time efficient to start a shout group, lock your blm seals and go have at it.

That being said, as a blm I can solo worms in ulgerand- range (sp) real nicely Sleepga- aga /ja rinse repeat ~ Can also smack em with your staff to cap pearl as well.

Hope that helps :)
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-04-06 14:00:41  
There's probably some better mobs than magic aggro/enhanced movement speed ones to solo near a Dom Ops guy. Murex or Treants in Altepa might work.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-04-06 14:11:25  
I perfer spectators/monitors flux7 ule, flux8 Grauberg then far NE corner or near flux8 Altep. Although if you have it imo blu is better for solo farms then you can either solo from when you enter or drop from xp party once they get your TE up high and raise amber a bit if necessary. Full buff >> gather mobs >> aga kill. I believe i got 4 blm body seals in grauberg after I needed them in 1 solo farm I did there, theres a dom tactician fairly close to this mob in each zone.
 Ifrit.Maddii
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddii 2011-04-12 03:54:59  
what about Ectozoons, flux 5 ugly range? couldnt get any better for black mages.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-12 03:57:06  
Ifrit.Maddii said:
what about Ectozoons, flux 5 ugly range? couldnt get any better for black mages.
Part of the problem is distance from book. Plus usually they aren't close enough to aga that many unlike the ones in attowha
 Cerberus.Saboro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: darkhack
By Cerberus.Saboro 2011-04-12 04:49:02  
well ive acually solo'd almost all of the ops on blm and with that i can say a lot are pretty easy with the right atmas. some on the other hands are just not worth trying like pixies or pots cause of their resistance to magic and annoying healing.
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-04-12 06:10:14  
I do Crabs in Aby-Grauberg Flux 4. They aggro by sound but they're not very hard. Also they're aspirable by a good amount. I can AoE kill the 5 of them easily.