New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Atmas
Atmas
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-04-06 07:09:00  
What Atma's would be good for BLU? I usually just get MC, MM and Apoc when Im soloing or RR MM Apoc if Im in a EXP PT.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-06 07:12:41  
I usually use RR VV MM unless I'm aoe-farming <_>
 Unicorn.Leoheart
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-06 07:24:02  
Apocalypse, Gnarled horn & Razed ruins.

Reason for that is because I never got much out of VV besides the regain, and the extra STR didn't do much with Blu either since cruor buffs pretty much sorts that out for you.

for charged whisker burning, I use Lion, Smoldering skies & ultimate, if there's monsters that resist Charged whisker then finish it up with Thermal pulse.

That's pretty much how I'd do it on blu anyway.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-06 07:26:26  
When I finish my Almace I'll do RR GH Apoc, before that a refresh atma is nice to help spell spamming, atleast for me? <_>
[+]
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-06 07:33:05  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
When I finish my Almace I'll do RR GH Apoc, before that a refresh atma is nice to help spell spamming, atleast for me? <_>

Well I use them atmas based on what spells/traits I set and what I tp in, which is mainly for self sufficiency, a combination of refresh and haste, with battery charge and Animating wail you can pretty much go on without the need for a refresh atma.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-06 07:34:19  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Well I use them atmas based on what spells/traits I set and what I tp in, which is mainly for self sufficiency, a combination of refresh and haste, with battery charge and Animating wail you can pretty much go on without the need for a refresh atma.

Let's say 2-3 spells on every mob, if you spam mobs, the mp goes away pretty fast even with MM on >_<

Edit: But yeah ofc it depends on what you do.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-06 07:36:23  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Let's say 2-3 spells on every mob, if you spam mobs, the mp goes away pretty fast even with MM on >_<

Not neccessarily, in abyssea with Triple attack and crit atmas you can mainly just use weaponskills to finish a monster off relatively quickly, The spells arn't drastically enhanced even with atma So I'd use them mostly with Chain affinity and efflux.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-06 07:38:55  
In all honesty though, when I play blu in abyssea it's to proc yellow staggers, it's too much of a tp feed to nms now.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-06 07:39:26  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Apocalypse, Gnarled horn & Razed ruins.

Reason for that is because I never got much out of VV besides the regain, and the extra STR didn't do much with Blu either since cruor buffs pretty much sorts that out for you.

for charged whisker burning, I use Lion, Smoldering skies & ultimate, if there's monsters that resist Charged whisker then finish it up with Thermal pulse.

That's pretty much how I'd do it on blu anyway.

Apoc, GH and RR are good. Smoldering skies suck, better off with PW atma or the dark ixion one (don't think it add much though if using lion). I know there are others though, maybe beyond.

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Edit: But yeah ofc it depends on what you do.

I spell spam a lot still, even after Almace. I mainly spell spam on fodder mobs only for most part. Usually spam QC, delta thrust, Dissv and gob rush and repeat. I never use MM anymore and I don't have any problems, 6 refresh in gear +1 auto refresh in addition to battery charge is 10 mp a tick and it is same as MM.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-06 07:40:39  
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
In all honesty though, when I play blu in abyssea it's to proc yellow staggers, it's too much of a tp feed to nms now.

Doing it wrong then, I've tanked a LOT of NMs on BLU. Tell your group to stop hogging the fun and let you tank lol.

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Not neccessarily, in abyssea with Triple attack and crit atmas you can mainly just use weaponskills to finish a monster off relatively quickly, The spells arn't drastically enhanced even with atma So I'd use them mostly with Chain affinity and efflux.

Spell spam is a lot faster at killing fodder mobs than TP > CDC imo. It's also better so you don't get ruby.
 Unicorn.Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-04-06 11:24:43  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:

Doing it wrong then, I've tanked a LOT of NMs on BLU. Tell your group to stop hogging the fun and let you tank lol.

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Spell spam is a lot faster at killing fodder mobs than TP > CDC imo. It's also better so you don't get ruby.

Lol I have ninja for tanking :/
I'm only on blu when someone else isnt on D:
I did tank that Hydra in Walk of echoes on blu though!