Vadleany - Information And Suggestions Needed

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Vadleany - information and suggestions needed
Vadleany - information and suggestions needed
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2011-04-04 02:54:58  
This is the mob I'm talking of.

I'm interested in SCH and BRD hands, seemed convenient to farm this one since it drops both. Popped twice and killed it twice, but both times it took an insane amount of time, there were several deaths, kiting and it seemed like a major annoyance.
I know about avoiding debuffs as much as possible to reduce damage from that TP move, but isn't there anything else that can be done?
Has a higher Triple attack rate and does a lot of damage.
Also casts spells, but those alone probably wouldn't be that dangerous with MDT, Shell and Baraera. The TA, high base damage and high evasion is what made it seem kinda hard to me.

Anybody found a way or a setup to make this NM less annoying? Can't really farm it reliably if each time it takes me so much to bring it down.

Tbh I'm kinda surprised. While there are good options to farm BRD hands (the pot is kinda easy, especially if you can use the Elixir on each pop), the choice of NMs to be fought for SCH hands sucks.
This NM is annoying, Xibalba is annoying, and Koghatu is annoying as well.
 Bahamut.Branwen
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Branwen
By Bahamut.Branwen 2011-04-04 03:04:12  
I had a lot of trouble with this NM too. In the end we had a DNC tanking it with me on WHM keeping him alive. We also had a THF and BLU running in to WS on it. It was still a slow fight though.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-04-04 04:07:04  
Reading around sounds like Evatanking it is the best choice. Altough you REALLY do need a lot of it. THF, DNC and NIN can probably achieve that, but I guess they'd need at least one of the +AGI/+Eva magian weapons, in addition to other standard Eva gear like Boxer's and Eva torque.

Having a WHM healer would make it easy to heal, a RDM/SCH alone would have it hard altough it's completely possible of course I guess.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2011-04-04 04:15:26  
Don't overthink yourself. Eva tanking is fine. Just remember there's two halves to this fight.

You have to deal with the spell dmg for one. As has been stated in some of the prior posts... I will repeat make sure:

1. Have -MDT to swap into when it's casting
2. Equip Atma of the Ascending One as one of your 3 atmas, this will grant +100 wind resist
3. Make sure you have a decent whm who can toss up Shell V + baraero
4. Bring echos to deal with silence.

You do all that and you'll hardly take any magic dmg.

The other half of this fight is that damnable annoying TP move, just remember Spiral Burst is tied to enfeebs on the mob. Ideally don't cast any, but when you see it preparing the move in the log, slap on PDT set.

It's annoying to carry around gears, but having the 2 sets to swap to will keep you alive. Just do your best.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2011-04-04 04:21:05  
Asura.Malekith said:
The other half of this fight is that damnable annoying TP move, just remember Spiral Burst is tied to enfeebs on the mob.
Had to learn that the hard way, but yeah I knew it.
Think up to 1 debuff is bearable honestly.

I had more issues with my MNK tanking, but I was in PDT/Counter gearset, hardly any eva.
Will try again with my NIN but my eva set is pretty meh-ish. Only have Ocelot's Gloves, Usu body, Boxer's, Eva torque, that +3 eva ring and a couple of other things, not much overall.