Mnk Or Nin??

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Mnk or nin??
Mnk or nin??
First Page 2 3 4
 Cerberus.Turtleshells
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Turtleshells 2011-04-03 11:04:51  
I've just recently came back to the game, and I'm severely interested in playing a solo, yet tankable job. Which of the two is cheaper on nin tools, deals better damage, has more use in the occasional party, and what do you consider better between smite and hi? (Considering doing the woe versions.) Thanks for the help :).
 Asura.Perrymason
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Perrymason 2011-04-03 11:07:35  
I'd probally go NIN/DNC for "Super 1337 solo job" but it will take you a while to actually kill the mob, and it puts a drain on your bank with the useage of tools.
Given, in Abyssea with the right atmas, any job can solo fairly well.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-03 11:08:07  
Smite does more damage, NIN is better for solo, MNK is cheaper, it depends on preference.
 Bismarck.Luftig
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Luftig
By Bismarck.Luftig 2011-04-03 11:12:29  
NIN has among the best utility in abyssea. If you plan to be there a lot ninja is a good main job. You have the ability to proc red with more then 5 weapons, pair with a war can proc red everytime

MNK is just pure damage and tanking ability, can proc minimal red trigs.

Victory smite is indeed an impressive weaponskill. not sure how it stacks up to blade hi, but my numbers are anywhere from 1k-7k.
 Cerberus.Turtleshells
By Cerberus.Turtleshells 2011-04-03 11:14:24  
Bismarck.Luftig said:
NIN has among the best utility in abyssea. If you plan to be there a lot ninja is a good main job. You have the ability to proc red with more then 5 weapons, pair with a war can proc red everytime MNK is just pure damage and tanking ability, can proc minimal red trigs. Victory smite is indeed an impressive weaponskill. not sure how it stacks up to blade hi, but my numbers are anywhere from 1k-7k.
Cool weapon on your profile page o:.

Anyways, if I had a white mage slave, which one would would be better for duoing for her gear? And how do I get the profile thingy to see my levels and stuff?
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-03 11:15:13  
You forget to mention that MNK and WHM can proc blue on anything, as well as pretty much being able to kill anything.
[+]
 Cerberus.Turtleshells
By Cerberus.Turtleshells 2011-04-03 11:17:02  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
You forget to mention that MNK and WHM can proc blue on anything, as well as pretty much being able to kill anything.
This was pretty much what I was looking for to help her get gear, thanks a lot for answers everyone.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-03 11:20:29  
What gear are you looking for? Seals? Coins? MNK/WHM are good for the material things. But for +1 and +2 items you are almost always going to want a 3rd(BLM).
 Bismarck.Luftig
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Luftig
By Bismarck.Luftig 2011-04-03 11:21:30  
You need to sign up for a profile on FFXI linkshell beta community site and link that character to your FFXIAH page.
 Ragnarok.Lagunabel
user: juro
By Ragnarok.Lagunabel 2011-04-03 11:23:52  
mnk is trash
[+]
By Kikorimo 2011-04-03 11:30:14  
I have two Real Life friends, one is mnk main and other is whm. The amount of stuff the two of them can duo down is pretty crazy. Sometimes I go out to help as a blm mainly for yellow proc. A well geared mnk paired with a decently geared/skilled whm is a powerful combination in Abyssea. Nin can also be pretty useful. I think it really comes down to the player. The big advantage monk has over nin is the much larger hp pool. Mnk can take some big hits without getting 1-shot.
 Shiva.Gylfie
サーバ: Shiva
user: Gylfie
By Shiva.Gylfie 2011-04-03 11:33:06  
Ragnarok.Lagunabel said:
mnk is trash
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-04-03 11:34:01  
NIN
[+]
 Cerberus.Turtleshells
By Cerberus.Turtleshells 2011-04-03 11:34:34  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
What gear are you looking for? Seals? Coins? MNK/WHM are good for the material things. But for +1 and +2 items you are almost always going to want a 3rd(BLM).
Actual gear like Augr's/Serpentes stuff for her whm and smn.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-03 11:36:21  
Then with actual gear, go for MNK. Level up Staff and Club, do your WSNM's, and you are set.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-04-03 11:37:58  
Level pup, guard like a mnk, parry like a nin, use hand-to-hand like a mnk, and evade like a nin! Obviously pup is better than either of them!
[+]
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-04-03 11:40:02  
I have and use both and i'm on nin by far most of the time.
[+]
 Diabolos.Mesheef
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-04-03 11:41:42  
Kikorimo said:
I have two Real Life friends, one is mnk main and other is whm. The amount of stuff the two of them can duo down is pretty crazy. Sometimes I go out to help as a blm mainly for yellow proc. A well geared mnk paired with a decently geared/skilled whm is a powerful combination in Abyssea. Nin can also be pretty useful. I think it really comes down to the player. The big advantage monk has over nin is the much larger hp pool. Mnk can take some big hits without getting 1-shot.

Migawari ichi

For the record a decent nin can duo just as much with a whm as a mnk. If not more with the ability to !! red and stun the mob for several seconds. Often used multiple times during a fight when the pt already has the KI/Atma from the nm.

The major downside of nin is the HUGE hole it will burn in your pocket and the inability to !! blue in so many fights.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-04-03 11:55:16  
I think both monk and ninja have very good advantages and disadvantages ..........
[+]
 Lakshmi.Helixx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Helixx
By Lakshmi.Helixx 2011-04-03 11:56:12  
NIN. On MNK you will be waiting till your team has red and yellow and blue. Than hit it 2-3 times and wait again.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-03 12:00:48  
WHM can cover club and staff procs on its own so MNK really isn't adding as much for blue !! as you'd think, especially if deaggroing to reset procs is an option. NIN can at least attempt to proc outside blunt time and also has many red procs if you need KIs.

NIN isn't hard on your wallet at all... Ninja Tool Expertise from merits (lolSan nukes), Koga Tekko (what else are you going to put in that slot for debuffs, really?), and potentially Yonin means a stack of any given tool lasts a long damn time, plus with a WHM you don't even need to worry about casting Hojo or Jubaku. I spend far more gil on food than I do on tools.
 Diabolos.Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-04-03 12:02:31  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
WHM can cover club and staff procs on its own so MNK really isn't adding as much for blue !! as you'd think, especially if deaggroing to reset procs is an option. NIN can at least attempt to proc outside blunt time and also has many red procs if you need KIs.

NIN isn't hard on your wallet at all... Ninja Tool Expertise from merits (lolSan nukes), Koga Tekko (what else are you going to put in that slot for debuffs, really?), and potentially Yonin means a stack of any given tool lasts a long damn time. I spend far more gil on food than I do on tools.

I have 5/5 nin tool merits, always use yonin and still burn like 700k a week in tool, but then again I am on nin entirely too much.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-04-03 12:07:04  
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

NIN isn't hard on your wallet at all... Ninja Tool Expertise from merits (lolSan nukes), Koga Tekko (what else are you going to put in that slot for debuffs, really?), and potentially Yonin means a stack of any given tool lasts a long damn time. I spend far more gil on food than I do on tools.

I have 5/5 nin tool merits, always use yonin and still burn like 700k a week in tool, but then again I am on nin entirely too much.
***. I don't think I've ever broken 100k/week and I'm on NIN for pretty much anything that isn't grellowing a mob or AoEburning for KIs these days.
[+]
By BorealisV2 2011-04-03 12:08:50  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

***. I don't think I've ever broken 100k/week and I'm on NIN for pretty much anything that isn't grellowing a mob or AoEburning for KIs these days.

^
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-03 12:09:50  
Maybe does non engage san burning of nms...
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-04-03 12:11:57  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

NIN isn't hard on your wallet at all... Ninja Tool Expertise from merits (lolSan nukes), Koga Tekko (what else are you going to put in that slot for debuffs, really?), and potentially Yonin means a stack of any given tool lasts a long damn time, plus with a WHM you don't even need to worry about casting Hojo or Jubaku. I spend far more gil on food than I do on tools.

With WHM you have no h2h, also even with capped club and staff its sometimes a pain to proc on some of the higher, more annoying NM's.
[+]
 Diabolos.Mesheef
By Diabolos.Mesheef 2011-04-03 12:16:28  
BorealisV2 said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

^
I spam spells, including all enfeebles.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-03 12:17:32  
Ragnarok.Nemesio said:
With WHM you have no h2h, also even with capped club and staff its sometimes a pain to proc on some of the higher, more annoying NM's.
He didn't say nothing he just said not as much as you think. And naw I've hit on higher lvl nms with drg. Hell I learned spirit taker on bullwhip belt one. Also I think nin gets 1-2 h2h. And set sea daughter
 Cerberus.Quintow
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2011-04-03 12:18:31  
Obvious benefits to both jobs. Besides, op alrdy said looking to mainly gear up his whm for now, so choice would probably be mnk for the time being. Luckily leveling is fast thanks to abyssea, best scenario is lvl both eventually, since they so useful.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-03 12:19:37  
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
BorealisV2 said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Diabolos.Mesheef said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
WHM can cover club and staff procs on its own so MNK really isn't adding as much for blue !! as you'd think, especially if deaggroing to reset procs is an option. NIN can at least attempt to proc outside blunt time and also has many red procs if you need KIs. NIN isn't hard on your wallet at all... Ninja Tool Expertise from merits (lolSan nukes), Koga Tekko (what else are you going to put in that slot for debuffs, really?), and potentially Yonin means a stack of any given tool lasts a long damn time. I spend far more gil on food than I do on tools.
^
I spam spells, including all enfeebles.
That's your fault for litterally throwing your gil away
[+]
First Page 2 3 4