users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Lowman Amhuluk
Lowman Amhuluk
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-03-30 22:54:13  
How easy/difficult is this NM lowman? Lets say MNK WHM RDM BLM. I never killed before so I have no idea.

Is there a place it can be fought so mages avoid AoE? Only really worried about Vermillion Wind twice in a row. Does it have a long enough charge time to stun? Any tips, etc?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-03-30 22:58:45  
Not incredibly. If you fight it on the cliff by its spawn and position yourself properly your mages should avoid the AoE easily enough.

I honestly can't remember much I'm afraid, just thought I'd add that. It's not too bad though.
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-30 23:00:16  
Easy like everything else. Yes there is a spot the in between colibri/birds. Keep mages at top and tank on bottom.
 Quetzalcoatl.Elysien
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: eLySiuM
By Quetzalcoatl.Elysien 2011-03-30 23:00:36  
Mnk isn't gonna get 1shotted, so as long as the whm is fast on cures (verm wind), shouldn't have any problems w/ back-to-back tp moves.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-03-30 23:05:38  
Can duo it easily, did it THF and WHM with a BLM alt for proc. Just make sure your WHM is paying attention, an aga > TP move can hurt.
 Asura.Athial
サーバ: Asura
user: Athial
By Asura.Athial 2011-03-30 23:07:24  
Did it the other day BLM, WHM, MNK with ease. Wasn't a short fight... ~20 minutes but I'm sure that could be improved.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-03-30 23:12:44  
Throw in some atma that gives wind resist like Atma of the Ascending one, and WHM AF3+2 bars and the tp moves/spells are yawnable. Monk easily counters, it can't hit a Thief or ninja, war can just sit there and plow, but if you bring a pld you will die horribly since he won't be tanking (j/k...or am I?)
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-03-30 23:14:52  
I've trio'd it with ninja tank, blm stun/yellow proc'er, and whm healer. The blm shouldn't bother to stun every single spell or ws, just the higher-tier and more damaging ones, to avoid the stun recast timer being busy when it's actually needed. The nin never really got hit except by AoE's and had very little difficulty recasting shadows, and the whm simply kept up haste and cures.

If you pop it directly at the pop point and have the ninja fight it right there at the bottom of that cliff, your mages can stand back out of range in the birds (not the colibris!) and do as they please. This is true even after the level-difference not stopping AoE's adjustment. If they are nervous about the Amoeban right there in the birds aggro'ing to their magic, just kill it before you start.

Since you have a mnk, rdm, whm, and blm for it, I would recommend the mnk tanking (obviously) with the use of counterstance, the rdm taking low-level yellow procs (tier 3's and 4's), the blm taking higher level procs (ancient magics and aga's) as well as stunning harmful AoE's, and the whm curing and hasting. It should go down quickly and without much difficulty for you.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-03-30 23:19:58  
This guy is easy.
Unless your tank sucks or whm doesnt know how to stand out of AoE. . .