Smn Burn Problems....

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Smn burn problems....
Smn burn problems....
 Lakshmi.Sepultura
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Sepultura
By Lakshmi.Sepultura 2009-03-20 23:22:51  
I posted all of the information about this immediately after the event happened. You can say what you want about it, that's fine. I was told by another person that they had the same thing done to their party,by the same person, only they gave up, we did not.
Stormshadowx said:

You said in a /tell conversation that you had been watching Bonkers....

I just wanted to set this bit here straight, I don't know who you think I am, but we have never spoken in game, nor do I have the desire to do so.
This morning, the puller of our group came to a, for lack of better words "timeshare" of the zone agreement with members of the other burn group. The basic agreement was that they get the zone from a certain time until a certain time, then we get the zone to do the same thing.
It all sounds really good, right?
But here's the problem that we encounter:
During their time in there, our group doesn't even enter the zone after this agreement was made. After they left, we entered over 2 hours later.
As soon as it's noticed that people from our group are in Korroloka, members of SnD start showing up, and wouldn't you know that things start going wrong right away?
This has a lot to do with respect and common courtesy. We've given their group total respect by not messing with them. We'd love to receive that same courtesy, but it's not being allowed.
This is just a general question that anyone can feel free to answer: If they aren't doing anything, as they insist they are not, why is there always someone connected to their LS right by our camp all the time?
At the time of this post, there were members present from not only their normal LS, but also from their Dynamis shell. I'm not trying to incite a riot or a war so I'll leave the name of it out, but it's no secret to most Dynamis shells who their Dyna shell is.
We don't want a war, we just want to be left alone so that we can get experience like everyone else.... is that really so much to ask?
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-20 23:43:54  
ok now I'm more convinced to Sepultura, but call a GM, smn burn is fully legal and killing your exp is not.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-21 00:40:02  
Phioness said:
As a couple you sound like a bunch of sheisty ***.

Korpg and Alyria pwned your *** so go have some pity sex with each other because....

User submitted image

Alyria we can understand, she does pwning on a regular basis.

But, to get pwned by me, now thats an insult.
[+]
 Fairy.Lethewaters
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-03-21 00:51:50  
Bonkerskitty said:
First of all, my character was AFK. I logged off to go to work. The only person who hit ur stupid mobs was the Thf that ran by and cycloned ur mobs. I'm not that *** stupid, and not that *** cruel. I know what its like to have that done. Wtf would be the point of us doing that exactly??? To start a *** war....??? thats just stupid.. seriously before you go blaming people for doing something that didn't happen make sure you have ur facts straight.

Thirdly, you're little party is the ONLY party thats been down there besides us.

Actually (and I know something similar was mentioned earlier) How can you:

1-Be AFK
2-then logoff
3- and know that a THF hit the mobs?

Here's an easier way to solve it. next time you see said stupid mithra (sorry but I'm anti-cat), DO THE SAME DAMN TING THAT WAS DONE TO YOU!
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-21 00:56:20
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Not to bring up the whole "Is AF burn cheating or not?" thing up again but I can't help but find great irony in people who whine about people messing up their exploited method of exp.

Yes, intentional grieving is *** and unjust in any situation but quite simply:
Yellow = Free game.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-21 00:58:45  
Sepultura said:
I posted all of the information about this immediately after the event happened. You can say what you want about it, that's fine. I was told by another person that they had the same thing done to their party,by the same person, only they gave up, we did not.

We assume this statement is true, because Sepultura has yet given us a reason why we should doubt him.

If thats the case, then....

Lethewaters said:
Bonkerskitty said:
First of all, my character was AFK. I logged off to go to work. The only person who hit ur stupid mobs was the Thf that ran by and cycloned ur mobs. I'm not that *** stupid, and not that *** cruel. I know what its like to have that done. Wtf would be the point of us doing that exactly??? To start a *** war....??? thats just stupid.. seriously before you go blaming people for doing something that didn't happen make sure you have ur facts straight.

Thirdly, you're little party is the ONLY party thats been down there besides us.

1-Be AFK
2-then logoff

Here's an easier way to solve it. next time you see said stupid mithra (sorry but I'm anti-cat), DO THE SAME DAMN TING THAT WAS DONE TO YOU!

ty for pointing that out.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-21 00:59:32  
Artemicion said:
Not to bring up the whole "Is AF burn cheating or not?" thing up again but I can't help but find great irony in people who whine about people messing up their exploited method of exp.

Yes, intentional grieving is *** and unjust in any situation but quite simply:
Yellow = Free game.

Yellow is free game, but why flee/zone or cast diaga on the yellow mobs if its not to kill exp doing this method?

Besides, lack of skillups is really what kills the person who uses this method over and over again, that is their punishment, not the cheating aspect of it.
[+]
 Fairy.Lethewaters
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-03-21 01:04:26  
Korpg said:
Sepultura said:

We assume this statement is true, because Sepultura has yet given us a reason why we should doubt him.

If thats the case, then....

Lethewaters said:
Bonkerskitty said:

1-Be AFK
2-then logoff

ty for pointing that out.

I'm surprised the THF comment went by so much, Still I'm not a fan of the SMN burns. If anything I would just repeat the process to the offender and smile. Why? Because Revenge is fun. Look for the dead RMT fish bots on in Saurom. Camp. on fairy. If they could speak English, they'd be cursing my name.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-03-21 01:24:54  
Korpg said:
Phioness said:
As a couple you sound like a bunch of sheisty ***.

Korpg and Alyria pwned your *** so go have some pity sex with each other because....

User submitted image

Alyria we can understand, she does pwning on a regular basis.

But, to get pwned by me, now thats an insult.

lol :P
 Odin.Zugot
user: Zugot
By Odin.Zugot 2009-03-21 01:38:29  
Korpg said:
Stormshadowx said:
LoL @ you. First off there are only two groups that smn burn in K tunnel. yours and mine, so Bonkers doing it to another group? Well that didnt happen. Also its amazing how oblvious you all must have been to the dozens of people who run through that zone at any given time. Like the THF that did an AoE WS on your mobs then fleed and zoned. Until u have actual physical proof bonkers did anything, (which you dont have)its kinda shitty of you to come on a forums and slander a person and their linkshell. Your method of pulling is based on linking mobs, meaning your puller has very unstable hate on the mobs. Any AoE of ANY type would have ripped hate off your puller, and instantly given all that hate to the caster.
You said in a /tell conversation that you had been watching Bonkers, but made no claims of her buffing up or actually casting the anything. If bonkers had casted on those mobs there would have no way she could have just logged out. Bonkers didnt do anything to your mobs, someone may very well have. And since you didnt see any actual actions made, you automatically assume because someone logs out with an aggressive mob swinging at her, she must have done something.

And for the record...it wasnt Bonkerskitty playing Bonkerskitty that day. It was me, and I have better things to do than screw with people i dont know for no reason what so ever.

You just hung yourself.

Of course everyone automatically assumes that you did something if you have an aggressive mob swinging at you. You pulled hate with something (what you did is unclear, but you did do something) to cause them to not get exp from this sort of method. It happened, nobody knows why, but since the only logical explanation would be so they wouldn't get any exp, then people are going to blame you for killing their exp.

This could be considered a "grief tactic" and is punishable by GMs. Next time this happens, call a GM and let them figure it out.

I see a chain of lies. Bad lies not connecting GGfail.
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2009-03-21 02:23:04  
You know what i think is incredibly bitchy about all this?

1 the fact that people think posting on these forums actually resolves anything.

2 the fact that this happened on lakshmi and the biggest instigators i see on this thread are from asura. sooo. just how is this relevant to the rest of you? nitpicking and slandering a person you dont know and will probably never encounter in game, i for one think thats a brilliant move. way to go, you earned your cookie.

Cant help but point a finger back at the ones doing the slandering here. whats next? accusing bonk and SS of being gilsellers? that was so 2005. sounds to me that Sepultura was more annoyed for having to "wait for a camp" and decided to try to exact some revenge for not being able to exp, or simply didnt have the skills to hang with the big boys and decided to call for mommy. Im old friends of both Bonks and Stormshadow, they are both really noble and skilled players. Now I am from Titan, but these are my friends so hence my involvement. The rest of you dont mean a god damn thing to me so im calling you all out on ***.

wah wah wah, they took my mobs that i dont technically own (SE does), call a GM cause im feeling "griefed". God when the hell did players on FF start getting so damn soft? Get over it or take a break from game, simple.

Now i for one dont completely agree on the exp methods being employed here, but im an old-school player. I do know this method requires a ton of planning, timing, and skill to pull if off right. So keeping all that in mind, just how carefully do you think sepultura was actually paying attention to anything else?? Do you think theres a possibility that theres a few details that were missed in the midst of trying to exp off a mass amount of mobs? I do. This is also a huge "your word against mine" battle here since the rest of you werent actually there to witness it. My advice to you is get better at it if you wanna beat out your competition and stop blaming other people for your own shortcomings. Take it as a lesson you need to learn. Grinding out levels definately sucks ***, which is why i only do it when i think its fun, but its also necessary unless you really do want a gimped player at lvl 66..75.. whatever.

Hayeso, I agree with you. I love seeing gimped players in merit parties, makes my friggen day.

Korpg you need to let it go, youre not on their server and this whole topic should not apply to you. you dont know a single soul involved here, and i think you just like to read your own posts. rather than throwing gasoline on the fire why not drink a little, pour the rest of it over your face and light a match?

Sepultura- wtf are you doing smn burning? appears to me that you have a bit more to learn about the game itself. This type of thing happens all the time, most people who level normally see it more often and get over it faster too. What did you have to do, wait like 15 minutes to gain another 15 levels almost instantly? sorry bud but i dont feel that bad for you. anyone who played this game pre-wotg, pre-level sync, pre-ToAU, pre-empress band, pre-CoP... will agree with me here.

/endrant

On another note: heya bonks and SS^^ log into a mule and say hi more!
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2009-03-21 03:12:54  
Guenhwyvar said:
Sepultura- wtf are you doing smn burning? appears to me that you have a bit more to learn about the game itself. This type of thing happens all the time, most people who level normally see it more often and get over it faster too. What did you have to do, wait like 15 minutes to gain another 15 levels almost instantly? sorry bud but i dont feel that bad for you. anyone who played this game pre-wotg, pre-level sync, pre-ToAU, pre-empress band, pre-CoP... will agree with me here.

I've been playing for about... 4-5 years now, pre-CoP at least... But i don't entirely agree with what you say on wanting to get more exp faster. Of course its like skipping levels, but who doesnt want to skip the dunes/qufim/kazham if given the opportunity?

I remember back when i was leveling PLD with SC+MB parties, and getting 4k an hour was acceptable, now a valkurm pt can do that easy, and theres areas that can get 20-40k exp an hour... While i have been through the whole pre-good exp areas, I for one love the idea of being able to zerg a job to 75, as long as i can learn how the job plays by fooling around with it outside of party, or doing a low-man event or something.

I honestly dont see whats wrong with legit players wanting to get more exp per their time spent getting it. But you never know when a person is good at their job... til you see it in a practical use.

Mostly what I am trying to get at is, If you we're given 2 choices, A) old-school party with 5k exp an hour. or
B) new-type party getting 20k exp an hour.
Which would you choose?

p.s. im glad that i can get 2-2.5 merits an hour now, or my *** would still have no merits T_T lol

p.s.s. i know this has nothing to do with my server, but i just wanted to chime my opinion in here, and hopefully not start a war.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sepultura
user: Sepultura
By Lakshmi.Sepultura 2009-03-21 03:15:14  
To Guenhwyvar,
I'm not trying to resolve anything, merely find if others on my server have had the same thing happen to them. I know of one other group and wanted to know if there was more than that, plain and simple.
Basically my original post got derailed badly because the gaming community can't believe that people go out of their way to do this childish stuff to another group that is exp'ing. You say it's lack of skill, but it's not. You have no idea about it because you yourself are on a different server. If you know these people irl, kudos to you. I don't care to know them, didn't ask anything about them, because if I wanted to know I would ask them myself.
I never wanted a bunch of he said/she said politics, just simple answers, and ultimately another group giving us the same courtesy and respect we'd given them.
I think it was best said "Everyone has their own version of the truth and the real truth lay somewhere in between."
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-21 03:31:07  
Guenhwyvar said:

1 the fact that people think posting on these forums actually resolves anything.

2 the fact that this happened on lakshmi and the biggest instigators i see on this thread are from asura. sooo. just how is this relevant to the rest of you? nitpicking and slandering a person you dont know and will probably never encounter in game, i for one think thats a brilliant move. way to go, you earned your cookie.

Cant help but point a finger back at the ones doing the slandering here. whats next? accusing bonk and SS of being gilsellers? that was so 2005. sounds to me that Sepultura was more annoyed for having to "wait for a camp" and decided to try to exact some revenge for not being able to exp, or simply didnt have the skills to hang with the big boys and decided to call for mommy. Im old friends of both Bonks and Stormshadow, they are both really noble and skilled players. Now I am from Titan, but these are my friends so hence my involvement. The rest of you dont mean a god damn thing to me so im calling you all out on ***.

wah wah wah, they took my mobs that i dont technically own (SE does), call a GM cause im feeling "griefed". God when the hell did players on FF start getting so damn soft? Get over it or take a break from game, simple.

Now i for one dont completely agree on the exp methods being employed here, but im an old-school player. I do know this method requires a ton of planning, timing, and skill to pull if off right. So keeping all that in mind, just how carefully do you think sepultura was actually paying attention to anything else?? Do you think theres a possibility that theres a few details that were missed in the midst of trying to exp off a mass amount of mobs? I do. This is also a huge "your word against mine" battle here since the rest of you werent actually there to witness it. My advice to you is get better at it if you wanna beat out your competition and stop blaming other people for your own shortcomings. Take it as a lesson you need to learn. Grinding out levels definately sucks ***, which is why i only do it when i think its fun, but its also necessary unless you really do want a gimped player at lvl 66..75.. whatever.

Hayeso, I agree with you. I love seeing gimped players in merit parties, makes my friggen day.

Korpg you need to let it go, youre not on their server and this whole topic should not apply to you. you dont know a single soul involved here, and i think you just like to read your own posts. rather than throwing gasoline on the fire why not drink a little, pour the rest of it over your face and light a match?

/endrant

On another note: heya bonks and SS^^ log into a mule and say hi more!

Ok, so lets go down the list in order of bolded parts:

1. I'm not the biggest instigator(s), but I'm not the only person who called out the lies that Bonkerskitty and that other guy told to everyone here. Many people saw it too. Also noticed that nobody called them out until the accused started opening their mouths and inserting their feet in.

2. And yet, you only pointed the finger in my general direction.

3. That explains a lot of your views. You are correct to assume that I don't know anyone from Lakshmi, and that makes me the perfect judge of character, because, unlike you, I'm not biased.

4. Grief tactics are a serious breach of the Terms of Service. You go to a camp in Nyzul Isle and you start casting dia on mobs that BRDs are sleeping to keep the chain going. See where that will put ya.

People will not like you causing Grief Tactics, and GMs, however flawed they may seem on certain issues, will come down on you harder than Jarid on a Subway Sandwich.

5. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't doing Astral Flow burn just basically the following?

1 level 75 with either /WHM or /RDM sub so they can SS themselves.
2-3 SMNs
1 level 16-17 person to sync with

The level 75 go grabs a spider, leech, and a bat from the Western Altepa part of the zone, run like hell back to the Bastok part of the zone, make sure that every single mob is whacking him (PLD/RDM works wonders for this). When the 75 makes it to the camp, the 2 or 3 SMNs hit Astral Flow, 2hr the ***out of the mobs, eat an ether or 2, 2hr again, and you got instant chain 30 from that.

Sounds very difficult. Must take a rocket scientist to figure that out from start to finish.

6. Ok then, how about this. Take this thread as a lesson to lie better. Since the accused have been feeding this forum nothing but ***, they could at least take this and see what the results are, so they can become better liers (and with enough practice, they could run for office if they wanted to). Since this really doesn't concern myself nor anyone who is not from this server as far as "player warnings" are concerned, this does concern myself and those who use this forum as far as "being lied to" are concerned.

7. I was expecting the "GTFO Asura" comment to come from the accused. I guess I was wrong. But seriously, if thats the best defense you can come up with, then that just proves their guilt even more.

8. See number 3.

Thank you for your time, and when you try to defend somebody, try better and actually defend them except make their situation worse, k?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-03-21 09:38:39  
Quote:
p.s.s. i know this has nothing to do with my server, but i just wanted to chime my opinion in here, and hopefully not start a war.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR!
*starts ragnarok race war*

TBH all i needed to convince me was mithra1 staying completely calm and laying out facts and then mithra2 and gijoeguy getting all Q.Q and hostile right off the bat. If there is trouble in your marriage go to a psychiatrist, not start drama in a video game for something to do.
 Midgardsormr.Katashuro
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sephyrus
By Midgardsormr.Katashuro 2009-03-21 10:51:58  
Guenhwyvar said:

^this
[+]
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2009-03-21 14:00:39  
Now Korpg, i point the finger directly at you because out of this whole thread, your posts are both the most annoying/ignorant to me as well as most frequent.

In case you couldnt tell before, i was making fun of the fact that a thread like this even exists, 99.9% sarcasm. The fact that you bolded my post and took it out of text to serve your own purpose proves to me just how ridiculous it is. If you dont like the finger being pointed back at you, then maybe you should take a long hard look at all the posts previously made before mine. your ability to state how objectional you are on the subject does not give you the right to attack something you obviously have no idea about.

Now i didnt say anything at all that hurts Bonks and Stormshadows situation, unless you count the hell fire that is now consuming their allegedly degenerate mob stealing souls because of the post i made in an open forum. /endsarcasm

Now back to the original post here, now that the topic has been completely railroaded in a very one sided direction... Sep, that post to me didnt sound at all inquisitive to repeat actions, looked more accusitory to me, right from the very start.

One thing the 2 cents peanut gallery fails to recognize is that we each are entitled to an opinion of our own, regardless of how infuriating it may be. bolding text, taking things out of context, attacking ones personal life based on alleged actions based on a "he said she said" fight in game is all completely irrelevant. Just shows me for arguments sake that you cant handle the topic as is and feel the need to twist it into something your fantasticle little brains can handle.

The major problem i have with this now is the fact that:
party one was being accused of trying to monopolize a zone where party 2 was just as guilty and got mad because it didnt work out that way. God forbid someone of lower level was trying to solo through all of this or else you all would have had a GM call on you for the same exact reasons.

I claim its lack of skill because this game is not entirely about player vs. mobs, but its also player vs. player too. if youre training mobs in an area where theres other people then you also must take actions to prevent them from being taken too. any mob thats not claimed is fair game. this goes for any zone at any level. Griefing is just another way to get GMs to babysit players who cant otherwise deal with their problems in a non confrontational manner. have some fun with it and challenge them to a balista match instead. you wouldnt go into a merit party at the greater colibri camp when there are already 3 parties in the area and expect results.

Granted its only a game, it should definately stay that way, but at least feign adulthood and take things with a grain of salt if it doesnt work in your favor.

let it go. it should be an issue in game between the people involved.
[+]
 Kujata.Houshisama
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-03-21 14:18:44  
EVERYONE IN THIS THREAD IS AN *** INCLUDING MYSELF.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-21 16:54:28  
Guenhwyvar said:
Now Korpg, i point the finger directly at you because out of this whole thread, your posts are both the most annoying/ignorant to me as well as most frequent.

Cause I made a point?

Quote:
In case you couldnt tell before, i was making fun of the fact that a thread like this even exists, 99.9% sarcasm. The fact that you bolded my post and took it out of text to serve your own purpose proves to me just how ridiculous it is. If you dont like the finger being pointed back at you, then maybe you should take a long hard look at all the posts previously made before mine. your ability to state how objectional you are on the subject does not give you the right to attack something you obviously have no idea about.

Kindof hard to tell what sarcasm is on a forum.

I bolded points to prove a point. You couldn't see it because it was another attack straight back at you, not your friends this time. And of course who would love to have the finger pointed back at oneself?

Quote:
Now i didnt say anything at all that hurts Bonks and Stormshadows situation, unless you count the hell fire that is now consuming their allegedly degenerate mob stealing souls because of the post i made in an open forum. /endsarcasm

way to go, you finally figured out how to quote sarcasm on a forum, good for you!

Quote:
Now back to the original post here, now that the topic has been completely railroaded in a very one sided direction... Sep, that post to me didnt sound at all inquisitive to repeat actions, looked more accusitory to me, right from the very start.

So, you tried to make it even by posting your own one sided viewpoint?

Quote:
One thing the 2 cents peanut gallery fails to recognize is that we each are entitled to an opinion of our own, regardless of how infuriating it may be. bolding text, taking things out of context, attacking ones personal life based on alleged actions based on a "he said she said" fight in game is all completely irrelevant. Just shows me for arguments sake that you cant handle the topic as is and feel the need to twist it into something your fantasticle little brains can handle.

Why should you care then? Its not happening on your server, and if you really, truly believe in your friends, you would have let it drop and die.

Quote:
The major problem i have with this now is the fact that:
party one was being accused of trying to monopolize a zone where party 2 was just as guilty and got mad because it didnt work out that way. God forbid someone of lower level was trying to solo through all of this or else you all would have had a GM call on you for the same exact reasons.

Thats what Astral Burning is all about, taking away a whole zone for 15 minutes at a time.

Quote:
I claim its lack of skill because this game is not entirely about player vs. mobs, but its also player vs. player too. if youre training mobs in an area where theres other people then you also must take actions to prevent them from being taken too. any mob thats not claimed is fair game. this goes for any zone at any level. Griefing is just another way to get GMs to babysit players who cant otherwise deal with their problems in a non confrontational manner. have some fun with it and challenge them to a balista match instead. you wouldnt go into a merit party at the greater colibri camp when there are already 3 parties in the area and expect results.

Its also human vs human in this game also, never forget that.

Quote:
Granted its only a game, it should definately stay that way, but at least feign adulthood and take things with a grain of salt if it doesnt work in your favor.

let it go. it should be an issue in game between the people involved.

Then stop replying. I'm only replying to the fact that you attacked me....again.

I do have my honor to consider, and still feel that you are mistaken.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Karey
user: Karey
By Lakshmi.Karey 2009-03-21 17:23:36  
I'm here to introduce myself, I am Karey the puller for the group Sepultura is in. Many things have been stated by both sides and from outsiders looking in that could be commented on, I choose instead to state my own case in this matter.

For some reason I feel that the people who put on and organize smn burns feel this is some top secret concept that cannot be discovered and must be maintained at all costs. Well its not so, check out any FFXI message board under smns or google it if you like, the information is everywhere. So why the animosity? Everyone learned it from someone else. On that note..

The original post from Sep was previous to my talks with the leader of the other group, the first response came AFTER I had talked and set up a "time-share" which in all actuality was nothing more then them telling me when they would not be there, negotiation was honestly not an option. I agreed to their terms only to prevent interference with our pulls in the short time we would be able to go. To define short time, they are there from 11am to 5pm CST, everyday unless they have endgame plans. For us who range from EST time to GMT time that is starting at 6pm or 10pm respectively. As shocking as it might seem, not everyone who plays FF is a night owl.

As for whether there was outside involvement in messing up pulls who did it how or why..
This is done by linking hate mobs that is true, the smns then take turns casting on a high end mob that the puller has called for help on. Let me give you a scenario from last night in Korroloka Tunnel.

My Smns are on the west side steps, I call for help on a high end Gigas, the smns begin attacking within 1 round of 3 smns the mobs begin running off to the east, the opposite side of my smns so no they didn't take hate. I became frustrated thinking I had lost hate somehow, until I saw i still had the closest ones on me and my CFH mob had run off to the east and then CAME BACK! Please if you will think when the last time was you had a mob just suddenly decide not to depop. The answer was obvious, someone tried to take my hate and run off, mine was simply stronger so it came back.

Twice before that I had my CFH mobs killed for me. Understanding as I try to be, if you see a person with 50+ mobs on them and believe the call for help to be genuine, do you simply kill the one and walk off leaving all the attacking mobs? Do you not even ask if they are ok now?

As for the involvement of the other LS, we have been lied to as to some saying they have never done smn burns and wanted to observe how it work, then to find out that their alt chars are main participants in that LSs group. We have been told that certain people were totaly innocent of any interfernce then told that they were under observation and would be removed from the LS should they mess with us. Contradictory statements abound.

It was mentioned that in my conversation with this other LS that is was offered help. It was in fact stated to me that not to be offended but my setup was better set for another area. I was also told to leave my char in that area so people knew I would be active there. My party is content with thier xp when I pull here and I was not prepared to lay claim to an entire zone by leaving my char there.

Thank you for your time. I suppose it should be stated that although I came here with no ill will to begin with, war seems to have been pushed upon me. If my options are comply or rebel, I opt for rebel, judge me as you wish, I simply will not pay $XX per month to be bullied on a game.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-21 17:46:03  
Karey said:
If my options are comply or rebel, I opt for rebel, judge me as you wish, I simply will not pay $XX per month to be bullied on a game.

That too, who cares how you play, because you paid XX bucks a month to play the way you want to play.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Frootloop
user: Frootloop
By Lakshmi.Frootloop 2009-03-21 18:47:23  
Well, let me jump in here too. I have been in the parties with Sepultura both times this has happened. I understand that SMN burns are monopolizing the zone, and that unclaimed mobs are fair game. My issue is the first day we tried to do this, their group was down there doing their smn burn, so we went somewhere else. Only AFTER they sent a /tell to members of our group saying that they would be finishing up in about 15 minutes did we go back down there. An hour later they were finished so we started our pull. Our puller didn't get back to camp before members of their linkshell were standing around our party. After our smns cast what they were casting (each once) the mobs started depopping and we were getting NO xp. This happened several pulls until they apparently all logged (of left the area) and we were able to have 1 successful pull. By this time it was late, so the party ended.

Fast forward to the next day:
Karey had spoken with the leader of the other group and set up a "timeshare". We followed the rules, and didn't bother even going in that area until about 10:00 pm, long after they had finished their burn and was gone from the area. As soon as we got to camp and the puller had CFH, a random person came running up and killed the CFH mob, then just ran away. Coincidence? Maybe. We move camp, get set up and ready again, and before the puller could get back with the mobs the SAME people (give or take a few people) were right there standing by our party again. We tried for several HOURS to have a successful burn, but the people that insisted on standing there ruined that for us. I have filters on, so I cannot say for sure who did what, but explain to me what sense it makes for the CFH mob to run in the OPPOSITE direction from where we were standing then coming back to attack the puller? And, immediately after that happened, the rest of the mobs started depopping. SOMEONE did SOMETHING, and with them standing in the area the whole time, you have to admit they look guilty. The last straw for us that night was for the second time as soon as the puller CFH, ANOTHER random person came up and killed the CFH mob and ran off.

Some have said that maybe the puller isn't pulling right and holding the hate. That could be a possibility, but how are we to know if they are all standing around and doing something to mess our pull up? And, if they are guilty of nothing and want to prove that, why be in the zone at all? I know if I were being accused of doing something that I had NOTHING to do with, I'd try my best to not be in that situation again, yet they have been there both nights.

What exactly is the big deal? Their party is down there all day with no interference getting xp and when they are finished we are just trying to do the same...yet someone is trying to stop us, even tho they are finished partying. It seems to me that they are just trying to monopolize the area, or maybe there is some personal grudge against someone that has been in our party that I just don't know about.

This is not me whining or crying about not being able to xp. Personally smn burns are not my favorite way to xp. But, IMO (and we are all entitled to one) this is about common courtesy and respect for your fellow players. Apparently some people have none or they just don't care. Guess my moma raised me better than that ;)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2009-03-21 19:51:37  
Eh, smn burns isn't a problem unless it effects other people.

For example~ them coming into your camp while you've been exping there for hours and just smn burn on top of you, yeah that's enough to piss someone off.

Other then that I really don't care, people just need to be considerate.

But then again, wtf kinda people are considerate nowadays in this game? Not *** many.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-03-21 20:11:10  
This whole thread screams "Views on Astral Burning / FFXIAH Vs Kelvinclein V2" :(
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-03-21 20:25:36  
I predict this thread to die due to the massive WOTness
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-21 20:43:45  
Blazza said:
I predict this thread to die due to the massive WOTness

Sure, it will, whatever that means.

Sorry I don't keep up with the current sayings and all that.

Too much time away from nuking that pudding.
[+]
 Seraph.Darkvision
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Darkvision 2009-03-21 20:43:48  
ok i dont know how you all missed this, to me everyone involved in this incident is in the wrong.

what poped out to me when your talking about monopolising an area, then you go on about time-sharing the zone, so both parties are in the wrong, your both trying to monopolise the zone so party A is in the zone between x-x time and party B is there between y-y time.

tbh its happened, suck it up and move on, there are errors on both sided, yes the accused and her husband made so meny contradictions its hard to see truth. i know people that do this on the server i am on and they have done this in about 8 or 9 zones sucessfully, best exp was 63k in 1 burn.

altho i would not do this myself, i dont disagree with it.and being a SMN75 myself with capped SMN magic skill i hate any sort of SMN burn in in any form.

but back to my origonal point Party A and Party B orginizing a time share on a zone exping all day, thus interfearing with the inocent people trying solo for exp, to me this is all equally as bad as gill sellers, now before you open your big mouth(typing your anger out on the keyboard) coz i made reference to gil sellers. I AM NOT IN ANYWAY calling anyone gil sellers. i am just saying that "time-sharing" a zone between 2 PTs is putting everyone in those 2 PTs in the wrong. and YES i feel that 2 PTs orginising to share one zone between them interfearing with inocent people is like RMT's stealling your mobs to get drops on high value money making items.

as far as people from other servers comenting on the subject, well um... WAKE UP CALL FOR YOU this is a public forum. people are entitled to thier say, and Korpg stepping in pointing out RELEVENT information in from comments and other people also, DOES NOT IN ANY WAY make them bias to one side of the story. i myself dont give a rats *** about this. but Guenhwyvar just just take the "oh my friends are getting bitched out and cand defend thierselves let me be the knight and shining armour" approach actually makes you look like an *** and not the accused person and huband.

telling people to basically STFU coz your not on the same server as them, WELL your telling yourself to STFU too cos your not on the same server as them, facts are facts, the accused and husband contradicted them selves too much for anyone to believe them. the main thing that actually {End Key}s the argument is that the LS told the accused character (who cares who is in control) not to do anything., to be honest i think that the real life person to the character is not the person that you chould be pointing the finger at,

Darkvision points fingers to the husband.

it actually sounds like a devious guyish thing to actually do.

to be honest DONT expect a reply from me, i have said my 2 cents and will not revisit this topic. you can slag me off say waht you want and point out ***from what i have said, coz I DONT CARE and i dont give a rats *** about a stoopid F$%£ing game and drama. i am happy with what i do in game and the people i socialise with in game :P /logoff
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-03-21 20:54:10  
Darkvision said:
ok i dont know how you all missed this, to me everyone involved in this incident is in the wrong.

what poped out to me when your talking about monopolising an area, then you go on about time-sharing the zone, so both parties are in the wrong, your both trying to monopolise the zone so party A is in the zone between x-x time and party B is there between y-y time.

tbh its happened, suck it up and move on, there are errors on both sided, yes the accused and her husband made so meny contradictions its hard to see truth. i know people that do this on the server i am on and they have done this in about 8 or 9 zones sucessfully, best exp was 63k in 1 burn.

altho i would not do this myself, i dont disagree with it.and being a SMN75 myself with capped SMN magic skill i hate any sort of SMN burn in in any form.

but back to my origonal point Party A and Party B orginizing a time share on a zone exping all day, thus interfearing with the inocent people trying solo for exp, to me this is all equally as bad as gill sellers, now before you open your big mouth(typing your anger out on the keyboard) coz i made reference to gil sellers. I AM NOT IN ANYWAY calling anyone gil sellers. i am just saying that "time-sharing" a zone between 2 PTs is putting everyone in those 2 PTs in the wrong. and YES i feel that 2 PTs orginising to share one zone between them interfearing with inocent people is like RMT's stealling your mobs to get drops on high value money making items.

as far as people from other servers comenting on the subject, well um... WAKE UP CALL FOR YOU this is a public forum. people are entitled to thier say, and Korpg stepping in pointing out RELEVENT information in from comments and other people also, DOES NOT IN ANY WAY make them bias to one side of the story. i myself dont give a rats *** about this. but Guenhwyvar just just take the "oh my friends are getting bitched out and cand defend thierselves let me be the knight and shining armour" approach actually makes you look like an *** and not the accused person and huband.

telling people to basically STFU coz your not on the same server as them, WELL your telling yourself to STFU too cos your not on the same server as them, facts are facts, the accused and husband contradicted them selves too much for anyone to believe them. the main thing that actually {End Key}s the argument is that the LS told the accused character (who cares who is in control) not to do anything., to be honest i think that the real life person to the character is not the person that you chould be pointing the finger at,

Darkvision points fingers to the husband.

it actually sounds like a devious guyish thing to actually do.

to be honest DONT expect a reply from me, i have said my 2 cents and will not revisit this topic. you can slag me off say waht you want and point out ***from what i have said, coz I DONT CARE and i dont give a rats *** about a stoopid F$%£ing game and drama. i am happy with what i do in game and the people i socialise with in game :P /logoff

I agree with you about the monopolizing zone point.

However, since nobody really solo's in the tunnel (too many aggro issues from the mobs used to AF burn with, and if you didn't get any aggro issues, you are too high to solo there anyway), I don't see a problem with people AF burning there.

The point about the timeshare is to keep conflict from starting in the first place. If 2 parties agree to "share" a zone during X:00 to Y:00, then why shouldn't they? The problem arose because 1 party did not keep to their promise, hence this thread.

Last point though in this reply:

Quote:
as far as people from other servers comenting on the subject, well um... WAKE UP CALL FOR YOU this is a public forum. people are entitled to thier say, and Korpg stepping in pointing out RELEVENT information in from comments and other people also, DOES NOT IN ANY WAY make them bias to one side of the story.

Holy ***, I got a supporter now.

I wonder, if this sense of pride in myself and my supporter normal.

What say you Wooooody and Blazza?
[+]
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-03-21 20:59:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

WOT = Wall-o-Text
Which can also be replaced with: tl;dr = Too long; didn't read

Nobody wants to read for any more than 30 seconds on anyone's insignificant opinions points or projected feelings.

When it comes to forums, short, sweet and straight to the point wins.