users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DS
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-27 08:39:42  
Let me know how samurai warriors is, still not sure if I'm picking up that or Pilotwings.
 Phoenix.Vael
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Vale
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-03-27 08:52:52  
Oh my god, I just now heard of this new Paper Mario.

Beyond that and the OOT remake, every game I've heard of so far is gimmick or ***. I love my Nintendo but the gems are few and far between.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-27 08:58:03  
Starfox
 Asura.Masekase
サーバ: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2011-03-27 09:04:58  
Phoenix.Vael said:

Beyond that and the OOT remake, every game I've heard of so far is gimmick or ***. I love my Nintendo but the gems are few and far between.

Hmm paper mario in 3d dosent that make it the normal one :) lol
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-27 09:12:56  
OMG JAPANESE VOICES IN SAMURAI WARRIORS 3DS!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-27 09:14:04  
Asura.Masekase said:
Phoenix.Vael said:

Hmm paper mario in 3d dosent that make it the normal one :) lol

All the Paper Mario games are 3D.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-27 09:14:13  
Shut uuuuuuup, you make me wanna buy one RIGHT NOW ;;
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-27 09:18:15  
This

is so worth the 250 bucks

I love it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-27 09:18:32  
just lol.
[+]
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2011-03-27 09:25:26  
waiting for a much better line up then this.

250$ is the price of a console. (and a few games and probably toss in a controller)

With the history of hand held just waiting a few months they will announce another *improved* version of it making this one cheap as crap.
[+]
 Sylph.Zohnax
サーバ: Sylph
user: Baelfael
By Sylph.Zohnax 2011-03-27 09:56:52  
Phoenix.Vael said:

Best part is, that Paper Mario looks like a new one, that's also getting back to the original turn-based battle system after that let-down that is Super Paper Mario.
 Ragnarok.Titox
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2011-03-27 10:28:34  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
OMG JAPANESE VOICES IN SAMURAI WARRIORS 3DS!!!! THIS IS AWESOME!

now i want to get 3DS >.>... ;; i still haven't finish Samurai warrior 3 of Wii XD

i have been playing Blazblue CS way too much ;/
 Ragnarok.Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2011-03-27 10:29:41  
Sylph.Zohnax said:
Phoenix.Vael said:

Best part is, that Paper Mario looks like a new one, that's also getting back to the original turn-based battle system after that let-down that is Super Paper Mario.

the only paper mario i played was the first one...and i loved it XD

is great to hear is the same as the first one
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-27 10:41:07  
Ragnarok.Titox said:
Sylph.Zohnax said:
Phoenix.Vael said:

Thousand year door (The one on the gamecube) was even better. I'd suggest picking that up if you want a really solid and awesome RPG.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-27 10:47:14  
Thousand Year Door is /droooooooooooooooooooooooool
Still play that game to this day. I would be right now but I let my avatar borrow my memory card.
 Phoenix.Vael
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-03-27 12:07:08  
my girlfriend recently played that. She'd played the first one as a tot and really had no videogame experience outside of that and excessive Pokemon. She got stuck in Bowser's Castle, so I downloaded the Wii version for her to finally beat as an adult and then she moved on to Thousand Year Door. I think she likes the first just out of nostalgia - but she was proud when the last boss of PM2 didn't give her any trouble when I told her she'd die a thousand deaths.

But yes, amazing game. I think Super Paper Mario was like the Majora's Mask of the series - so many oddities, but there's a gem underneath. It wasn't my kind of gem either, though. It was more of a vehicle for the witty dialogue the series is known for.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-27 12:08:50  
Oh and the Mario and Luigi games for the GBA and DS are also really good. Not quite as good, but solid RPG's with some really cool battle gimmicks and wicked humour.

Oh and we get a chain chomp as an ally in the paper mario on the DS.
[+]
 Phoenix.Vael
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-03-27 12:11:18  
I only played the first two Mario and Luigi. Surprisingly I didn't find the second anywhere near as epic but I think most people liked it better. The first one was far out with the whole bean theme - it was its own game and I didn't like it when they took it back to Mushroom Kingdom.
 Ragnarok.Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2011-03-27 12:22:03  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ragnarok.Titox said:
Sylph.Zohnax said:
Phoenix.Vael said:

Thousand year door (The one on the gamecube) was even better. I'd suggest picking that up if you want a really solid and awesome RPG.

i will check it out...the other i loved was Super Mario RPG(SNES) good memories :'<
 Asura.Ashleh
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Ashleh 2011-03-27 12:24:11  
I'm sorry. I just can't take an RPG with Mario and Luigi as the main characters seriously.
[+]
 Phoenix.Vael
By Phoenix.Vael 2011-03-27 12:27:46  
All of the classic Mario characters/themes/items fit perfectly into an RPG scenario. But I guess everyone knows a few dudes with very gay hair talking about how they wish they weren't so gay is way more serious.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-27 12:36:15  
Asura.Ashleh said:
I'm sorry. I just can't take an RPG with Mario and Luigi as the main characters seriously.

That's fine, you're the one missing out on great RPG's.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-27 16:21:03  
I loved the Mario & Luigi Superstars series. I wish I knew where my DS card was, and I'm hoping they add the GBA ones to the 3DS virtual console.

My only complaint about the system: it has a slick surface, making it a fingerprint magnet. I much preferred the matte finish of the DSi.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-27 16:56:41  
Asura.Ashleh said:

I had this mentality towards Kingdom Hearts for the longest. Then last year I finally broke down and played 1 & 2.

Hot damn, I was a very silly minded person. Don't let a crazy concept stop you from trying out a game.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2011-03-27 17:11:02  
Asura.Ashleh said:

That's the awesome part, you're not supposed to take them seriously. Mario RPGs are goofy as hell without being lolrandumxD like Disgaea and other N1 SRPGs (not that... those games are bad or anything).

It's a very refreshing change of pace from the typical shonen animu rehash you often see in the genre.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-03-27 17:13:25  
"hi im tha protagonist of this game my parents r ded n i has to get revenge on da kingdom so we gun meet moar cliche charrys to halp us LOL press X to continu plz"
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-27 17:14:19  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Asura.Ashleh said:

I had this mentality towards Kingdom Hearts for the longest. Then last year I finally broke down and played 1 & 2.

Hot damn, I was a very silly minded person. Don't let a crazy concept stop you from trying out a game.
Silly Haseyo
 Bismarck.Luces
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-03-27 17:34:20  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Asura.Ashleh said:

I so avoided kingdom hearts until about 3-4 years after it was released and my art class gave a stellar argument in its favor, fell in love with it. Amazing storyline and great battles. That rpg taught me to nvr judge an rpg by the characters used.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-03-27 17:35:59  
Did kicking the living ***out of things with swords in an RPG featuring Disney and SquareEnix characters really not sound as awesome to anyone else as it did to me?
 Hades.Medjai
サーバ: Hades
user: medjai
By Hades.Medjai 2011-03-27 17:43:26  
ive been a KH fan since it first came out on the PS2 cant wait for KH:3D to come out